Agouti Bunnies - Showing my Maxer Man some love.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max is beautiful!! :hearts

I LOVE agouti rabbits! All of the rabbits I've ever had have been the "ugly" colours. :( Ebony and Berri are all black, Ruby and Pebble are REWs and Maddie is chinchilla. REW is my favourite rabbit colour, and I will always opt for the less popular colours when choosing a rabbit in future, I don't understand what people don't like about them. :(

And here's our Barney boy (we miss him so much!):

Barney3-09-08.jpg

I love agouti rabbits and have one, Thumper!

I don't prefer any type, fur colour or eye colour on rabbits and I never see any rabbit as not cute, I love all rabbits!

Here's my baby!

GEDC0134.jpg

GEDC0143.jpg

kherrmann3 wrote:
I find that people tend to not want black rabbits. I'm not talking about the black otter color or anything, but the plain black. If there is even a little white on them their chances of finding a home are better than an all-black rabbit. It's sad. :(
You're right, it is sad. It's that way with black dogs & cats as well. Our shelter here will sometimes run an adoption special where you get a discount if you adopt a black animal.

Hazel is a "cutie agoutie beauty" too :).
I love the way her fur patterns keep on changing with every molt, especially on her nose. She often gets the "heart shaped" lines there too.
(click thumbnail pics to see bigger)

Hazel has such different looks sometimes! I love her meltered duck pose!!!

and is that YOU with her in the last photo???

While we love the Dutch and Californian house rabbits we started out with, the (agouti) sandy Flemish Giant is what got my husband and I into small-scale showing and breeding. We just love 'em. We have our first litter of kits now -- 8 of them, all very healthy at 7 1/2 weeks of age -- and one of the fun things is watching their coloring develop as they mature. This past week, especially, it seemed that their fur not only became smoother and silkier, but the agouti really darkened up on them.

Here's a picture of Barack Obunny, the buck kit with the largest ears. His agouti, like the others, s just starting to darken up a bit:

3226011475_655c924e27_b.jpg

Wow Dora is Beautiful. :heartbeat:

You guys must be so proud of her and they way you raised her by hand from a wee little baby.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back