Agouti Bunnies - Showing my Maxer Man some love.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RexyRex

Reaction score
I know that a lot of people don't like agouti buns. They go for the more "exotic" looking rabbits. I'm upstairs getting some bunny love after a long day at work and I got to staring at Max, my most loving bunny, and it struck me how BEAUTIFUL he is. He has the most expressive eyes and long eyelashes. He has just an elegant look to him. I think all my buns are pretty (and all of yours :biggrin2:), but I have to say that I never really noticed how good looking he was until now. He's just been my lover bunny.

TheFurbabies034.jpg

TheFurbabies026.jpg

These are kinda old, I don't have a camera at the moment. Just wanted to some my big guy some love :)

Max is Adorable.

I don't have an Agouti coloured Bunny but I would never turn my nose up to one. I think they are just as Beautiful as any other colour bunny.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of Max.

Susan

I love their little white bellies and the white lines under their nostrils.:bunnyheart

Dora is agouti, which is a pity because everyone thinks she's a cottontail and not a Brittania Petite. I'm just glad she's not red eyed white, as Brits look freaky when those bug eyes are red!

I really like steel colored buns too. Of the two litters I raised this summer, my favorites were both of the gold tipped chocolate steel buns. Such a beautiful color, even if few people looked at the twice at the shelter because of it. It's somewhat like agouti without the lighter areas.

Give Max a kiss on that adorable nose, would you?

He's adorable and I have TWO agouti buns. Clover is a chestnut cottontail of course, and Bo a castor agouti. When we picked out Bo - I didn't want him. I wanted the cute little white bunny with the eyeliner (hotot) and didn't know a thing........

Now, I'm SO glad Lexi convinced me to get the little brown bunny with the little fat tummy........ he's my baby! and I think he's the most gorgeous boy around!

We love our Agoutis too!

We have a french lop (or "flop" ;) ) named Rudy....Rudy The Agouti. He's a loverbun.

2 of our flemmies (actually the two we lost this year :bigtears:) were steel grey and light grey. They had the most laid back, loving personalities.

Here is our Lily:

3221132023_fbea3fd0ba_b.jpg

It seems like the agoutis have the fullest coats...all of that undercoat and ticking makes everything so full and luxurious.

Buneary49 wrote:
Well it's nice to see that I'm not the only man who loves rabbits

the bunny who became a teddy bear.
Oh yeah! That's why we callshim, "wabbitdad". He is very protective of his bunners.:)

Thanks for the replies! Kisses and nose pats have been given :) It's funny, I did not get Max because I thought he was pretty, to be honest, I thought he was rather plain looking. I got him because I know he wasn't allowed a lot of run time because the other bunny he was living with hated him, and while I was holding him he looked right at me with a look that said "Please, take me with you." My heart was gone after that and there was no way I was leaving him there. One of the best decisions I've ever made, I love him to pieces.

Wabbitmom, that's a really good pic of Lily and Wabbitdad. You've got a good looking bunny and a good looking husband! :biggrin2:

I love agouti rabbits! I almost adopted an agouti mini-lop until I found Emma (black and white lionlop). The agouti one had urinary problems... But I would have had her! In my mind, there are no "ugly" rabbit colors. I've seen some unfortunate looking rabbits, but never because of their coats! Your Max is adorable! Go give him some head scratchies for me!

Ninchen wrote:
RexyRex wrote:
I know that a lot of people don't like agouti buns.

:shock:

Are we agouties not likeable?!
0e733c5c.jpg

1562c9d4.jpg

:(

Oh NO Ninchen, ALL bunnies are likable! You are VERY lovable, every time I see your pictures I want to give you a big cuddle :)

It's just that some people don't want a "brown" bunny :( When I went to the shelter to adopt Takumi I took Max with me to see who he would get along with. I was in the "interaction room" with Takumi and Max and this woman was looking in and I heard her say to her husband, "That is one big UGLY rabbit!" She didn't realize that the walls did not go all the way to the ceiling so I could hear what she was saying :(

WOW! I would have probably been drawn to Max! I love agouti cause they are so "BUNNY" looking LOL!

I find that people tend to not want black rabbits. I'm not talking about the black otter color or anything, but the plain black. If there is even a little white on them their chances of finding a home are better than an all-black rabbit. It's sad. :(

Did someone say Agouti?

Hmmm.... I have an agouti bunny here somewhere.....

MOUSE!!!

Hello!

1215992611.jpg

I love their fluffy white bellies:

1216309615.jpg

And the ginger bit on the back of their necks!

1218474504.jpg

Agouti buns rock! My dad always insists that Mouse is a wild rabbit, and I'm like 'NO! SHE ISN'T!!' That's how Mouse got her name- because we thought when we first got her that her coloring was similar to a wild mouse lol.....

I love the little yellow 'frame' around their nose and mouth.... I don't know what it is about their bellies that's different but I could rub Mouse's all day, if she would even let me near it! :D

:inlove:

I have to admit it - I've always been drawn to the more 'interesting' coloured rabbits. I don't think I would have chosen an agouti bun. Until, that is, Ruby came along.

Now, if Ruby hadn't landed in our lap, so to speak, we probably never would have ended up with an agouti bun. But I do find myself admiring the mixture of shades in her coat, and the strong black lines of her moults, and those gorgeous black edges on her ears.

[align=center]
DSC_1453_.jpg

[/align]

[align=center]
DSC_1517.jpg

[/align]

And Jen - I agree. There's something about that bright, white belly that makes me want to rub it all up and down like she was a puppy. I don't think she'd be impressed, however... :p

Back