Advice needed- surprise litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only addition to all this is that I learned, via my vet, how to sex bunnies on my own. Bunnicula was originally named Nick when I picked "him" up from the shelter. The ad in the paper said, "mixed male mini"--she turned out to be really mixed. All of ours are rescues and housed separately so we haven't had any additions. We wish you luck and are sending our thoughts and prayers. Remember, neutered bunnies have no progeny.

They'll both most certainly be spayed/neutered after this is done (and obviously kept separate before then and for a little while after).

The difference between the two now is quite obvious, but when I sexed them after bringing them home they looked identical. I've since learned that the boy bits show up later, hence the pending litter. Needless to say any other rabbits brought into our home will be checked more thoroughly, and fixed before introduction to the rest. ;)

Nope and its driving me crazy! I made a new post last night called "No bunnies yet!" - she built her nest a week ago today, and she's huge and I can feel little baby kicks if my hand is under her belly. I guess any second now... but who knows since I have no idea when she was bred. :p

Back