Adult weight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afaubl

Reaction score
Hi,
So I just adopted a 6 week old girl, the father is a Flemish giant ( supposedly on the smaller size), mom is a French lop. Did see pics of mom. There were 5 kits in the litter. This little girl is only 7.6 ounces. This seems very small based on the parent breeds. Any ideas how big she will get? Thanks!

Does the father have anything other than Flemish in his background, or the mother anything other than french lop in her background?

I don't think there is any way to pre-guess what they might weigh. Could favor the father or the mother (or anything in their background/lines).

Hi,

well, that's hard to tell, can be anywhere between the parents sizes, or a little smaller, or bigger - with mixed breeds there's only one way to find out, but she'll be a decent size, I guess.

My free range house bunny is a 10lbs intact buck, I definitly like his size.

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. I was told the parents are purebred, but have no way to know for sure. I am hoping she gets to be around 10 pounds .I want her to be about the same size as my male neutered English lop.

Latest posts

Back