ABC's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oy! The date to meet up with the chick for the house got pushed back from today to tomorrow.
And this morning when we woke up, it was a 90 degree day on the second floor of a house that hot-box's... And our air conditioner DIED. So it was 98 degrees when we left to go get a new one, and the ceiling burned my hand to the touch. Now, we have a new a/c, and it's 94, as we're trying to cool down the upstairs now. Also, we were all discussing things about the new place earlier. Apparently, there will be one more bun under the roof. Another friend of ours is coming in, and she has one of Jasper's sisters.
We will have in one house:
♥Kota: Flemmish mix mother. Agouti, brown. Medium-sized bun.
♥Miso: Bonded with Kota. Her daughter. Small-sized bun. Harlequin white/gray.
♥Muu: Holland lop mix single female. Blue and white broken. Medium-to-large-sized bun.
♥Mo (Mohawk): Daughter to Kota. Single bun. Brown Agouti. Medium-sized bun.
♥Nymh: Jersey Woolly purebred male. Brown agouti. Single bun. Small-sized.
♥Jasper: Flemmish mix, daughter to Kota. Brown agouti. Single bun, large-sized bun.
♥Luna: Polish mix. Single bun. Black and white broken. Medium-sized bun.
*?♥Cuddles: Mini lop mix. Single bun. Harlequin gray/tan/white broken. Small-to-medium-sized bun.

Other animals:
Ruu & Chii: Male and Female (fixed) ferrets.
Xing & Lei: Sister rats.
Kujo: Boxer mix dog.
Neko: Orange tabby cat
Chiri: Blue point lynx / Siamese mix cat.
Plus 4 bettas and some hermit crabs.

I love it when the house is like that. And with so many people, our danger of being overwhelmed is like none... And finances aren't really a problem. So I'm really optimistic about everything. I'm excited to hear a water bottle being chugged down every hall, to smell the hay in every room, to hear the dog barking, the cat screaming, the rat wheel going, the rabbits thumping.. It's a strange feeling. Maybe I'm just destined to own a zoo. :D xD

Jasper's sneezing. Posted here:

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=59223&forum_id=16

Also, Kitty just alerted me that she may be getting two more buns. Someone else needs to get rid of them asap. Apparently, they've been running with the chickens. And something keeps getting the chickens at night. And she can't bring them inside for an unknown reason. So Kitty's probably going to take them. So now, when we all move in, we'll all have, combined, ten buns, if all goes as planned. :) Starts of a warren to rival wabbitdad's. (Yeah right!)

I can't wait. xD

Moving the rats into a smaller cage. They and Luna are coming with us to my parents, and Jasper and Nymh are going to Kitty's. Cuddles' mother just agreed to let me have her- we aren't picking her up till the 20th-ish...
I'm not convinced we're getting her, though. I know CL. I know that it's often first come first serve, and people will prolifically lie on there just to get the rabbit a home. I'm hoping they really hold her for me.

VBS is going well so far.. Some problems with the church in the way of the pentacle I wear daily. But I'll get over it.
Went to a pet store called Animal Kingdom today. Like a moron, I was planning to check for Bene-Bac... And forgot. It's so overwhelming there. We picked up three large hermit crabs for a total of $15-ish. I've had them before. But it's been a while.
So they have these open-topped bun pens. And the buns are all dwarfs. They had mini rex's and mini lops... And one bun in a pen all to itself. This bun was labeled as a dwarf hotot. LOL! It had GRAY ears! And a broken pattern down it's back. Maybe a hotot mix, but not a purebred. I was hysterical. Morons. At least it had the eyeliner. :p
Just thought I'd share that bit of pet store stupidity with you. FYI, the bun was selling for $60 while other buns were $30. xD

The hotot you're describing sounds like how some people would describe my Toby. The markings around the eyes (however un-uniform) seem to loosely label them hotot. Then the diminutive size of the 'breed' (another loosely used term) gives them the dwarf label... The broken markings on the back definitely sounds like my Toby. Toby has a lot of lookalikes out there :D I demand all pet stores that sell Toby lookalikes put "Toby" as the breed on their signage :p Silly people.

It amuses me that they were selling it for twice as much as the other buns. They made it seem like they really thought they had something special. I don't know if they did this on purpose, or were hoodwinked by the morons that sold it to them. Regardless, perhaps people working in pet stores should do their research. :/

Been a long time since I posted. I apologize! We moved! :) New place is.. Working.. kind of.. A lot of us are thinking it may have been a bad idea.. But we're working it out. The animal situation's a bit of drama. At the moment, we have:

Buns:

Muu: (Female, broken lop, belongs to Ecresi)
Kota: (Female, agouti, belongs to Ecresi)
Miso: (Female, diluted Harlequin, belongs to Luna)
Moe: (Male, Agouti, belongs to Amber)
Luna: (Female, broken, belongs to Happy Bob)
Jasper: (Female, agouti, belongs to me)
Nymh: (Male, agouti, belongs to me and Ecresi)
Cuddles: (Female, diluted harlequin lop, belongs to me)

Dog:

Kujo: (Male, Boxer/Mastiff, belongs to Ecresi)

Cats:

Neko: (Male, Orange tabby, belongs to Ecresi)
Kiba: (Male, unknown breed, [Foster Kitten], being claimed by Ecresi and Luna)
Turrets: (Male, silver tabby mix, [Foster Kitten], home claimed elsewhere)
Bynx: (Male, tuxedo mix, [Foster Kitten], being claimed by Amber)
Nameless: (Female, tabby, [Found foster until home is found])
Cat to come in yet:
Chiri: (Male, blue point tabby/siamese mix, belongs to Damion)

Others:

Qiang Lei & Xing Guang: (Female Hooded rats, belong to me)
2 hermit crabs: (Female carribeans, belong to me and Happy Bob)

I think that's it.. x.x;
The animals may not all be staying. Talk of some of the buns, and the dog, going, is hanging in the air, for an assortment of drama-related problems that I won't even mention on here.

Cuddles is a LOT bigger than I thought she was going to be. And so is her cage! We broke it getting it into my mother's minivan. But it's been fixed. At the moment, the best way to clean it is with the wet/dry vac, since you can't really reach the the opposite ends that well. :p But we're hoping to mod the cage. Cuddles being a bigger bun makes her bites more painful. I now have a bruise on my arm from a bunny-nom. One of those little "I love you so I'll hurt you 8D" bites. :p Bruise is about the size of a quarter and was black the other day. x.x; Turning green now, though.
Cuddles is being renamed. Possible renames are:

Garnet
Crystal
Mica

Anyone have any input on these names? :eek:
*trying to keep this blog on subject of buns and not drama*

Hopefully, we'll be getting our room settled finally this week. Moving's kind of been aggravating since my roommate, who has more stuff than me, has been either sick or injured since we moved in, so he's gotten like nothing done. Yes, roommate right now is Happy Bob. And, at the moment, we're not together. And I don't think us getting back together any time soon is a possibility... So we're roommates for now. x.x;

The plan for Cuddles' cage is as follows:

♥Make 2 new doors on the opposite ends of the hutch, to make cleaning, ect, more accessible.
♥Find something to put on the top level so she can have traction instead of sliding everywhere to stand up.
♥Buy a hay bin/rack for her cage.
♥Cut a new hole in the chicken wire for the bigger water bottle, as it doesn't fit very neatly where it is now.
♥Find a way to reinforce the chicken wire the dish is hanging on.
♥Find something big enough/cleanable enough for her to hide/nest in.
♥Find a way to lock the ladder to the bottom level in place, so the cage can be split into two cages instead of one big one.
♥Cuddles on the bottom, Jasper on top.
♥Give Jasper's cage to Nymh.
♥Keep Nymh's cage in the attic as a backup only, as it's looking at it's last days.

So, yeah, that's the extent of it for now. :p I'll post pictures of Cuddles soon, I hope. At the moment, I don't have a computer of my own set up. The only online time I get it when I'm on a friends' computer. So we'll have to see. :p

Started to catch up on the bun blogs.. I thank Alicia for getting me interested in the 365 day challenge thingy. :p
http://365project.org/ I don't have anything on it, yet. X_x I'll have to start today. I think I'll vow to have it all pets/animals. As a personal thing. Since I'm at my parents' house for the next day or two, I'll probably just have pictures of Yuki, my parents' dog. My pets are all at home. D:

So we kind of went shopping today at discount stores. Some good stuff in my mothers' area. I was really hoping for a good hay-bin type basket or crate for Cuddles (Leaning towards Garnet as a name A LOT), and ended up getting a new one for Nymh. As, I'm growing increasingly frustrated with his. His is shallow, so he pulls all of the hay out and onto the floor of the cage to defeat the purpose. So we got him a taller one, that's more like a bucket or basket than a stationary crate, so maybe this will work better. Also, I picked up a pair of cheap, pink, rubber bath mats, which I'm hoping will give Cuddles the traction she needs on the upper level. The mats were $3 each, so there are two to hopefully give her at least enough surface area to see if it works before spending more on more of them. I also got a shell-shaped soap dish that's almost tye-dye in color for the hermit crabs' food, since I'm sort of using my mother's dishes until I replace them. :p
Also got 3 more fleece blankets for the rats, as I know they've already fairly destroyed the one I liked the most that's in the their cage. Dx Still on the hunt for something for Cuddles to hide in. Any thoughts? ._. She's an awfully big lop, but she seems to get anxious easily. So finding her something to hide in might help a lot of her distrust issues. Just need something easy to clean/big enough, but not so big that it overpowers the floor of the cage because, eventually, she's getting cut off from both parts of the cage, and will only have one, and I'm not buying another one when that time comes. :p

So do I. :) Really starting to think that's the name for her. Want to ask a few more people their opinion on it, though. ^^

So Cuddles is adapting to the bathmat in her cage. There's just one kind of thrown in there at the moment. This way it's not permanent in any way in case she doesn't like it, and I still need to cut out a part of it to make it fit to the floor of her cage properly anyway. My biggest concern is, will she eat it? :? So far, there's been no signs of her being interested in nomming on it, so perhaps I won't have to worry.
There were two major reasons I got these mats. One was because it just wasn't fair to her to not have traction. She could barely stand up. And that's just not right. :( As it turns out, the people that had her, had her in that cage for over 2 years, at least. She's aged at about 4.. So.. It's possible it was longer. And they never had traction for her... No wonder she's nippy! I would be, too, if I was sliding around for most of my life. :pssd:
The other reason is, she seems to have this not-so-lovely bunny bad habit... Of "diggy-diggy", as we call it. :craziness The bun basically digs at anything... A box, a litter box, a floor, the bars of the cage. Some buns pick one thing to do this to, like Jasper does it to the bars of her cage when she wants to come out. And Luna does it to her litterbox when she's scared, or anxious; like when there's new people around, or her cage gets moved to a new place. Cuddles, however, does this to the bottom of her cage. As it's wood, and is the top floor, the noise is quite loud when she does it. There appears to be no trigger to her behavior, as we have looked, and she does it almost on an obsessive level.:twitch: Hopefully her having traction will quell her want to do this, as there's no way for her to with rubber under her claws. Because Cuddles' cage is in the living room, and, presently, we have someone crashing on our couch, this behavior was just not cool. Movies, TV shows, video games, music, computer games, conversations, whatever you were doing in the living room was overwhelmed by the sounds of her digging. Anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes straight. With maybe 10 minutes of not doing it at a time. Just ridiculous. :grumpy:
Some of our theories for why she does it consist of: anxiety, fear, neophobia, and anger at the floor for lack of traction... I really do need to find something for her to hide away in... She just flattens boxes so that won't work.. Perhaps if I look for a sort of plastic storage container... something she can't flatten..
Hope to have pictures of her soon. :) She has ear control. Which makes me ecstatic. If I ever wanted a lop, I wanted one with at least partial ear control. She's a little further than partial- as she hasn't lifted her ears all the way up, but almost all the way. I love it most when they have one ear up, all the way, and the other completely relaxed, so it's all the way down on the side.:bunny5Amuses me so.. :biggrin2:
:bunnybutt:

Thanks, Sophia.
The few that were rooting for garnet may be disappointed, I'm afraid. The household has settled on Opal as a better fit. Garnet's still nagging at the back of my mind, but we'll see if Opal fits. Perhaps there's a reason Garnet's really pushing at me. We'll have to see.
For now, Cuddles' new name is Opal. :)
She seems to have taken a small chomp out of the bathmat, but I only see one. Perhaps she learned after that that it was no good to eat. So I hope that's all she'll do.
Pictures WILL be coming soon! (If I'm really spunky, I may even do it tonight!) :)

I may still revert to that. For some reason, I find it odd to call her "Opal". :/ My brain just can't seem to do it. I might just call her Garnet despite that no one else thinks it fits. >:T
Speaking of the lil bugger, she's still digging on parts that don't have the bathmat. So I'll be fixing the rest of her cage later this week. And hopefully doing a photoshoot with her that I've been too lazy to do yet. x.x; A lot of drama going on here, not much time to do anything. :p
Suffice it to say, I may be moving AGAIN. This time, without men. Just me, and the 3 other chicks I live with. Because there seems to be a lot of drama stemming here from the males we live with. And I don't mean Nymh. :pssd:
Jasper got a new toy I'm attempting to make her interested in. It's an "O-Ball" if anyone knows what that is...
Ehh.. Here's one:
thumb_4449_image1_oball_original.jpg

I got her a solid blue one of these, a tiny one. Not even poked at. I'm wondering if she's just not the type, so I shoved hay in the holes and we'll see if that makes her anymore interested. Also made a trip to petsmart, where I got... 2 of these, one for "Opal", one for Jasper:
791611030653C.jpg

Jasper destroyed hers in moments, and "Opal"'s still working on hers. Then I got Nymh this one, which happens to rattle:
d8e4675cd862200f6f6305c7419e6512.jpg

So yeah, that's the size of it at the moment.

On the subject of the rats... My girls may have to be given up. :cry2 It's not easy for me to even consider this, but due to the drama ensuing in the household lately, I'm afraid it may not be... reasonable to keep them. We'll see how things go the next few weeks, and maybe this'll all just end up being one of those thoughts I don't have to think about longer than I already have. :nerves1
*Sighs*. So the plans of Opal's cage may be underway soon. Because I want Jasper to get into one level of that cage fairly soon. But it kind of rests on one of the males to give me a hand in the fixer-upper part of the cage business. :banghead

So I think it's finally time to disclose the information of the drama I keep mentioning.. As.. At the moment, I'm a nervous wreck and terrified of what will happen next...
:rant:
A few weeks before moving in, halfway through last month, the boyfriend (Happy Bob) and I, had an argument. I'll admit right now. I have my issues. I have anger issues. And I'd been doing a bit better than usual. But after this argument, which I don't even remember what it was about, I remember on and off panicking (the panic attack sort of panicking- not like just flipping out) on the bed. He observed this, and seemed concerned. I told him to leave the room. Several times. He refused until the end and I threw a few things. He came back into the room, got right up to my ear, and screamed at the top of his lungs "STOP IT". I lost it. I was in tears, shaking, a right mess. Damion, my ex, that happened to stay my friend, brought him outside, and I was coddled by Jess for comfort. That night, Jess told him that if it happened again, she was moving back out. We all have our mental issues. And she has some of the worst... and hers stem from her father doing what Happy Bob did just then.
Kitty and Luna were not here that time. (Luna is both the name of Kitty's 17 year old sister, and the rabbit. Confusing, I know. :p) And they did not observe what happened. Little was said about the incident after it happened, and we seemed fairly okay. But that night, I picked my smoking back up, and have been smoking almost steadily 1-3 smokes a day bummed from Jess, and Luna's boyfriend.
About two weeks ago, a tit-for-tat went between me and Happy Bob. After a while, we called a household meeting about it. This time, Damion was the only one not present, as he was at work. I got a little loud and Happy Bob got up from the couch, and came towards me, screaming at the top of his lungs. Defensively, I put my hands up and grabbed him when he came into reach, clawing him and screaming for him to get off me. Kitty jumped to my defense, telling him to get off and sit down. Happy Bob told her to cool out and the girls and I ran upstairs and hid in Kitty's room, where I utterly broke down in a mess on her floor. We decided to run for the night, and spent it elsewhere, where we ended up hanging out with Kitty's little brother for most of the night. Since then, we've all agreed to get psychiatric help. But Happy Bob's refused. He's already seeing a therapist and a psychaitrist, but we wanted him to get *more* help because he obviously needed it. Fighting us every step of the way that it was just "impossible" to get more help, the girls and I were considering of leaving. Moving out as just the girls.
Somewhere in this mess, in the past few weeks, I realized that I'm extremely dependant on him. He and I broke up several weeks, maybe even more than a month, ago. But I still have to share a bed/room with him, depend on him for income, and as a pillar of strength. I get hugs and kisses from him still, which kind of irks me, since we're not together. I started realizing just how much he and I need to be away from each other.
Today, was no different than any other these past few weeks. I wake up, and half an hour later, he starts something. We argued this time about the movies. I'd made plans to go with the girls, not him. And he was offended, swearing that just saying you wanted to see a movie, meant we'd go see one together. He literally said "Ari, there's a movie coming out in 4 months. Do you want to see it?" As an example. I played along and said "Sure." "There, plans made." I flipped. That's not a plan! That's "I want to see that movie." At the moment, Kitty and Luna won't even be near Happy Bob. They won't talk to him. If he's downstairs, they won't even go make food. They've been like that since the second screaming incident. I feel no less than them, but I'm forced to share a bed/room with him, so I don't have much of a choice but to converse with him... He was SO offended by this incident, that he calls his friend over, tells me to go upstairs because he can't be down here with me, and is in the fetal position in the kitchen on the floor. His friend and him disappear, leaving a phone number. Also, I accidently sent a text along the lines of "omg he's so pathetic I want him out!" to him that was meant for Kitty. Oops. :rollseyes He had to see it anyway, I guess. It's good he knows, whether or not I wanted him to find out that way. I don't know how long he's going to be gone. I don't know when he's coming back or if he'll try to hurt me when he returns. I told the other household members I'm not letting him back in the house until he goes to the hospital to get admitted. I'm sorry, I feel bad for him, but you don't make yourself a pathetic blob because someone didn't even agree to go to the movies with you, and are now going with someone else. For crying out loud. We're not 4. Grow up.
At the moment, I'm panicky. I don't know what he's going to do if he comes home. I don't want to be afraid of him coming home. I'm actually thinking of calling the cops to see if they'll stake out the house or something in case he comes home.. If I leave, I hope he realizes I'm taking Luna (the bun). I'm not leaving anything under his care. I'm so stressed right now.. I've really had it... I just want it to be me and the girls. No offense to Damion, but he's a pain, too lately.
He complains we have too many animals, complains every time someone mentions another animal, then brings home a stray cat without asking anyone. He doesn't take care of her, he doesn't clean up after her, or take responsibility for her, and his own cat sits in a flea-infested trailer that's about to be abandoned, unfixed, unloved, and half-forgotten. Mind you, he's waiting until Chiri can be fixed and flea dipped until bringing him into the new house, and has an appointment coming up, but he's had ample time to do this.. And waits until now... :/
And Damion won't let me get a dog. :pssd: What. Ever.
I can't wait to move out. I just want this nightmare over.

~~~~

Sorry for the extensive rant about my drama. But I don't post anywhere but here (no FB, LJ, dA, ect)... I felt I needed to get it off my chest somehow. I don't know when there will be pictures of "Opal"... I don't even know if I'll be able to care for her without Happy Bob's support if/when he ever does come home..
Sorry again for the blathering.. :nerves1 I'm just a real wreck right now. Much love, peace out, blessed be, and all that other good stuff. Hope stuff clears up soon.

It just sounds like everyone's unhappy with the living situation. If housemates can't agree about something as fundamental as whether it's going to be a house full of animals, where one or two people feel so strongly about "no more cats" or "no dogs at all", something's really gone wrong. Everyone has their issues, and I'll admit I have mine. But I think when a group of people all have things they get neurotic about, and they all come together under the same roof, the frustration of one person feeds the anger of another, and another. Someone has to do something to break this vicious cycle. It sucks that you're feeling like this and have to share a space with your boyfriend who you're on and off fighting with.

I hope venting it on RO helps you put it all out somewhere so you can focus on getting things back on track. Or if nothing else, I just hope it makes you feel a little bit better.

Latest posts

Back