A THANK YOU to the people of this forum .. and some positive news!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my post regarding FELIX last week.

Whilst we are still mourning him, and my initial thoughts were to neverhave a rabbit again, I find that I gave him so much love that it'sspilling over into nothingness now, and it needs somewhere togo. Consequently, I have been in touch with a breeder ofNetherland Dwarfs and am going to call him today for a chat ... he hasbabies available already, but am not making a decision until I'vechatted with him.

The funny thing is ... I never really liked rabbits! When wemarried and had children, once Hollie had reached school age, I becamereally broody, and not wanting anymore children, I decided on a guineapig (having held my friends and been charmed by it's quirky littlenoises) ... Clover came to become part of our family as muchas Felix had been .. but sadly she died and skipped off to RainbowBridge to wait for me there.

My daughter wanted a rabbit .. and we decided on the Netherland Dwarf,mainly because they looked cute, and because they were small.

*chuckle* ... Felix came into our lives back in 2003 - having been bornon 4th April, he was our "Easter Bunny". I thoughtmy heart would break out of my chest whenever I looked at him, such wasthe love I felt and the joy and pleasure he gave me.

I'll never, ever forget Felix. He was my/our first rabbit,but it would be a shame to not give all this love I still have leftinside me, to another little bunny. One who would play, asFelix did, get into mischief, as Felix did, and one who would bring thesmils back to our home ... watched, from Rainbow Bridge, by a littlerabbit called Felix, who stole all our hearts!

I'm writing this as a memorial to Felix and to put down in black andwhite that he will always hold that special place in my heart.

Saffy .. (Karen)

I haven't been able to be on here much recentlyso I missed your post about Felix, but that is such a beautiful tributeto him, he sounds the most wonderful bunny.

I was another person who never even thought of having a rabbit andnowI truly can't imagine life without my little herd. I'm soglad you've kept your heart open and I hope and pray that another veryspecial little rabbit finds his/her way into your life very soon. Notto replace Felix - that could never happen - but to bring more love andfuninto your life in a whole different way :).

Kate

Dear Karen,

I'm so thrilled to hear that you're getting another little buddy.

It's hard to make that decision after you've been through what you havewith Felix, but I'm so glad you've had the courage to try it again.

Congratulations. I know the next little one will steal your heart as deeply, but in his/her own style, as Felix did.

Still sending deepest sympathies for the passing of Felix.

-Carolyn

Karen, it's so good to hear you are looking totake another bunny. I have said so many times since Bo cameinto our lives that "I never knew what a sweet and entertaining littlecharacter a bunny could be!" I believe when you become abunny person you will always have one if it's possible.

I am so very sorry about Felix and wish so much he could havesurvived. Giving a loving home to another little guy would besuch a good tribute to his life.

Best wishes to you on the "chat" with the breeder.... keep us posted :)

Hi Saffy .. (Karen),

Glad to hear from you. What a nice tribute for Felix.

I can relate to your story. Six months ago,I knewnothing about rabbits. In November/2004, we adopted Pebbles aNetherland Dwarf. She is our first pet, and we love her somuch, our heart would burst. Everyday she fillsourday with such joy that only bunny people could everknow. The thought of missing her would be such a void in ourlives.

Say Adieu, not goodbye, to Felix for us.

Rainbows!

Saffy,

That was absolutly beautiful! It is such a nice tribute to Felix, andalthough you'll miss him dearly, you'll always have you memories!

Lyndsy and 'the monkeys'

Karen, that was beaytiful. I cried. I wasso sad for you when Felix passed. My heart broke for you. I am glad youmay be getting another baby. I think what you wrote is the best tributeyou can give a pet...Love. Very well said and I am so sorry aboutFelix. Please keep us posted on what you decide.

I will keep you in my prayers. Good Luck Hun.

Tina

Thank you. I know you all feel the sameabout bunnies as I do ... something my family give me funny looks aboutat times :D, but it's funny how some pets can wangle their way intoyour heart.

I telephoned Richard, a rodentologist and breeder of Netherland Dwarfs,yesterday. He was lovely to speak to and diagnosed Felix withhaving "bloat" almost immediately. (When I looked up thesymptoms on the internet later, they fittedexactly)The good thing is, he has a colleague wholives, not too far from us, and although she doesn't breed, she is arodentologist and will look after another little rabbit should wechoose to get one ....

and ..... you're all asking? Have we chosen?

The answer is ....

YES !

Richard has a 5 little babies, born on the 10th March ... Agouticoloured Netherland Dwarfs, so we've decided on a littlebuck. I got an e mail last night telling me that the kits hadopened their eyes for the first time yesterday! Andhe's going to send me a picture in the next seven days ... and one aweek from then on until we collect our little man.(And of course I will post a pic on here !!)

He had some babies available now but we felt we needed time to ease thepain of losing Felix, which is still raw, and I think I would have feltguilty getting another rabbit now.

So, the next seven weeks are going to be spent preparing for a special arrival !!

:D:D:D

Oh Saffy, I am so happy for you. This isso wonderful. I know that nobunny will ever fill that specialplace Felix holds in your heart. I too lost a bun almost a year ago. Ilearned that you never ever fill that place. The heart just adds a newplace just for the new love. Felix will always have his place and yourbaby will create hi own. Congratulatons.

Yes, I think most of us here know that look. Some more than others lol

Tina

Karen, that was a lovely tribute to little Felix - I am sure he did an extra binky for you at 'The Bridge'.

I am so pleased that you have decided to get another bunny, and I thinkwaiting the 7 weeks is a good idea. Like Bo said, I think once you havea rabbit, then you become addicted to them. Keep us posted, and don'tforget photos when you get him.- Jan

Thats wonderful news. I think it is a good ideayou have waited a few weeks before getting one. It gives you all thetime you need to greive for little Felix.

This is so exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of him when you gethim. I'm looking forward to him sending you some pictures. Yay anothernew addition to our bunny family!

How is your daughter now? I bet she is looking forward to getting her new baby!

Vickie

Saffy wrote:
5 little babies, born on the 10th March ... Agouti coloured Netherland Dwarfs, so we've decided on a little buck.
So, the next seven weeks are going to be spent preparing for a special arrival !!

Good news Saffy,

I'm glad things are looking up. Seven weeks is gonna feellike Christmas. I'm so happy that a lucky bunny is going to areal nice family.

Rainbows! :)

Back