A rabbit needs help....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Amy, thanks for doing all you can to help Pebbles. :bunnyhug:Hugs to you for caring so much.

I think the advice given is great. She really should get this bun to a vet...and feed the girl less pellets and more hay.

I don't know much about bunny vets in S Jersey. Maybe Jim D does? He's not in the south of the state, but perhaps he has knowledge or some rabbit loving friends who live close to Wildwood and would know.

Keep us posted.

-Mary Ellen

just an idea...

isnt kitty litter bad for buns? that is what is in the pics of her, in the litter box, could she have and impaction? perhaps from injesting some?

i dunno jsut an idea

I got a responce back from Jaxx:

"hey, yes i took her to a vet. i drove an hour to go to one. they checked her, felt her and pictured her. she is fine. the behavior she is goin thru they said is just cuz shes getting older. and she is tryin to make herself more comfortable through out the rest of her lifetime she has left. and the pooping is fine. she pooped all over the table at the vet lol. and doc says its healthy. her heart is strong and her lungs are clear. there is no signs of lumps or tumors . and her intestine as pretty clear, so im goin with the assumption that he thinks there is not wrong with her, just a healthy rabbit goin thru the stages of life.

ill tell you, since we go home today, she is like happy, she was playin and she loves me, and thats just a chip of my shoulder lol.

but thank you. thanks for the info, cuz if anything i know what to look for if anything happens. "

Hrm, do you think Pebbles is just going through "The stages or life"? Sounds kind of odd to me. Maybe Pebbles was just having an off few days?

Very strange to me. Sounded more like the "stages of stasis" lol. If shes eating and pooping though, great!

And bless you Amy for taking time to help this woman. I hope she joins RO- Id love to see more pics of that beautiful Pebbles.

Thanks, Haley...but I wouldn't have been able to help her if it wasn't for you guys :)!

I told her that we all hope she joins the forum :biggrin2:!

undergunfire wrote:
"hey, yes i took her to a vet. i drove an hour to go to one. they checked her, felt her and pictured her. she is fine. the behavior she is goin thru they said is just cuz shes getting older.
Hrm, do you think Pebbles is just going through "The stages or life"? Sounds kind of odd to me. Maybe Pebbles was just having an off few days?

LOL! :rofl: This is actually hilarious for a couple of reasons.

First off, gas attacks don't last all that long, the danger is the bunny having a serious one and sucumbing to shock because of the pain, or going long enough without eating to cause stasis. (The flip side of the coin is that the stasis was causing the gas).

Most importantly, the main therapy for gas attacks is massage and vibration therapy! The best cure is to use a vibrating toothbrush, put your bunny on a vibrating piece of equipment like a clothes dryer, or take the bunny for a car ride!

Whether the rabbit was coming out of the stasis/gas attack or not by the time they left for the vet's office, an hour-long car-ride would have been a great cure. ;)

This actually happens a lot -- people rushing their sick buns to the vet only to have them hopping andpooping when they arrive. ;)

But the vet may have beenjust grasping at straws with the 'older bunny' diagnosis. I would think a rabbit-savvy vet would have guessed that the car ride likelybroke up the gas bubble and/or stimulated the GI tract. If they're going to use that vet again, best to do some advance research and show up with printed material just in case.

Glad the bunny's doing well!

sas :biggrin2:

I was thinking that too, Sas. With the nerves of going to to vet and the long car ride.

Lol, quite funny! I am glad Pebbles is okay too, though.

Whereis she located in NJ? I'm in NJ and perhaps can give her some advice about what vets to use.

Never mind I see she is from Wildwood. She probably went to the ER vet in Linwood.

Latest posts

Back