A question about Squishes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyrul

Reaction score
Lately, Squish has seemed to decide I am her person or personal slave, whatever, it has me smitten.

When she is out and in the mood for attention, she hops on the sofa, whether I am there or not. If I am not there, she digs. However, now if I am there, she "digs" on me which is not very fun, especially with freshly trimmed nails. She also has started kind of nipping or chewing on my hand when I an scruffing her cheeks.
Oh, and the pillow digging and chewing ... why? WHY? this is new, for her. My other girls will do it but stop or run if you scold them, not Squishes.

As I was typing this, just after reading about the horrible cat/bunny death thread, our old cat, Pudge was laying on his sofa arm. Totally relaxed and content, been doing this for 14 years now. Pudge is the only cat Squish likes and generally the only one not afraid of her and anybunny. Squish hopped up, dug on my arm, bit me when I was adoring her as requested, then went and laid her head just under Pudge and waited for him to groom her ... he did not groom her so she gave him a warning nip, which to his credit he mostly ignored so she apparently bit him a few times making him fly off the arm of the sofa. It feels so wrong to laugh at his discomfort.

This isn't puberty, is it? Or mid-life crisis?

Any changes in the household that she's reacting to? It sounds like she's feeling the need to be dominant for some reason.

She was spayed early this year. She was an adult when found running about the neighborhood and brought to us June of 2011.
Other than discovering she likes to be held and have her head and face rubbed, nothing is new.

She was especially obnoxious lasr night. Was ticked off that I would not stop working on a memory book.
Goes to the door a begs to go out but will only stay out if I stay with her but she will not let me near her at the same time.
She is not getting a red sports car before me!!!

Latest posts

Back