A few questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anneliese

Reaction score
Hey...

is it all right to built a bunny condo on a balcony? Cause, my bunnylives on our balcony (Dont worry, we have a gate at the top of thestairs, and he cant fit through the gaps, and it has a cover over it)and I would love a NIC Condo for him.

Where abouts can you buy the stuff you need to make one? I live in Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.

and is it easy to put together?

lol thanks,

-- Anneliese

Hi,

Yeah, I think it would be ok to build theNIC condo on the balcony. It is very easy to make.I don't know about where to get the stuff, since I live in theUSA. You could private message becc_boland ofAustralia. She might know where.

Good Luck!

Ally

target and walmart are international companiesaren't they? I just bought two boxes (50 squares) for $20 and itmade a huge three floor condo....300 zipties later :shock:

hah..im so anal when i go shopping..i refuse topay more for something than i have to...Home Depot had a canister of500 neonzipties for $5 ...then around the corner the clearones i had originally intended on buying, 100for$10... no contest there! yeah i need to huntdown someone with a camera so i can take pix of Freddys new abode

FreddysMom wrote:
hah..im so anal when i go shopping..i refuse to pay more forsomething than i have to...Home Depot had a canister of 500neonzipties for $5 ...then around the corner the clear ones ihad originally intended on buying, 100 for$10... nocontest there! yeah i need to hunt down someone with a cameraso i can take pix of Freddys new abode
I'll have to check out the Home Depot by us to see if they have the same deal. I use zipties like water!!!

I'm guessing that they were in the electrical supply section.

make sure to put a roof (or top) on it. just to be sure cats don't get in ;)

Kricket wrote:
make sure to put a roof (or top) on it. just to besure cats don't get in ;)
And so the bunnie doesn't get out!

Rosie discovered that she can simply jump over the top of her x-pen.

Anneliese
I was wondering if you had built your Condo?
I sent you a PM about the cubes.
We got ours from K Mart they were better quality and looked better than the ones we seen at Clints Warehouse.

We made Bindys out of them using the centre things and zip ties as welland it's very strong, it doesn't warp at all, it's very secure.
Took me a while to get Brett to agree to help me build oneand now we have new additions he was the first to get down to the shopsand buy more to build them a new house as well.
They are fantastic! A box cost us about $50 (but well worth it)
I much prefer cleaning a condo than Bindys old house.

The box looks like this... we got the chromey looking ones we prefered them.

100_0805640x480.jpg

The cubes constructed up close with ties as well

100_0416640x480.jpg

Finished, (there is way more toys and stuff and hidey box in there now though)

although tomorrow when we do the new condo for the new additions we arere doing the flooring so there will be a small section all along thebottom blocked off to stop WoodyPet flying out the bottom fromsomebunny flicking it out!

100_0435.jpg

Ariel,

I'm re-doing our NIC condos as well. I put coroplast in ourswith a 3" guard, but I made the mistake of putting it INSIDE thewalls. They chew on it, and that's a bad thing. Idon't think they eat it, but I don't want to chance it. I'mre-doing the coroplast so the guard is on the outside. Myonly problem is that the doors open outward, so I'm not sure if I'llchange that, or just cut the piece by the door.

Laura

Laura,
We looked at some perspex stuff and some plasticy stuff, wood stuff,(stuff after stuff) to put in the inside, and we had the same dilema,:dunno:inside or out, we have opted to do both inside and out so thatthe litter and stray poopies don't get stuck between the walls of thecondo and the guard.

We are going to use wood on the outside. We have like a linoy vinalystuff for the inside, we use lino at the moment and no problems at allso far.

It's turned into a full scale thing now with Brett, not bad seeing asthough he wasn't overly keen on the Condo idea in the beginning,,,, butnow, gawd there is no stopping him LOL I think it's great though.:great:

I've been on vacation for the last few days, soI've been trying to sleep in a bit. Snuggy knows ifshe makes enough noise, I'll get up and let her out, so she "pops" theCoroplast with her little paws. I can't believe how loud itis. Funny how they know exactly what time it is.Once when my alarm clock didn't work, she woke me up on time.I can always count on her!

Laura

LOL Clever Snuggy, she just was worried you'd be late again.

I know what you mean, Bindy will rattle her woody fruit kabob, it has abell on the end, and sure as eggs each morning it's ding ding ding"come see me, pat me, love me" ding ding ding LOL

They do seem to know the time, pity they can't seem to work out the days we have off LOL

Oh you are welcome Anneliese;)

The ones from Kmart that we got(the cubes) have no plastic coating onthem, and with the bottom centre square we cut part of the connectorout so that the cube slides right in, when I get home from work tonightI wil take a photo for you so you can see what I mean:D

Have a great day. Don't know about your place but it's a gorgeous morning here, too bad I have to be inside working all day:(

It's a great day to be :Australia: and it's a great day to be here.
Gawd I can't wait for summer, although spring is quite nice.

As promised here are the pics of howwe did the connectors, we cut part out with a dremmel tool. They justclick in place now, on the little bubbies one we have a clip to holdthe square up because it's a little looser.

Anyway here ya go

100_0879.jpg

100_0872.jpg

100_0874.jpg

100_0858.jpg

I hope these help you get the idea of what I meant.

Latest posts

Back