A few questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldoerr

Reaction score
I am in the process of making a NIC cage for my rabbits. I am planning on making a shelf to go in the cage out of leftover panels. My problem is that I found out today (rather quickly) that Shiny Things likes to eat carpet. Do you have any other suggestions? One shelf is 2 panels in size and the other is only one panel (might make it bigger later on). Does anybody have any ideas?

Also what should I put on the coroplast that will not be so slippery for my rabbits. Shiny Things refuses to use a litter box no matter what and Beauty is catching on with that bad habit. I currently use a small broom and dustpan to clean the cage out multiple times a day.

One final question. Where is a good place to get good quality hay that will not cost a fortune? (I can not spend more than $10-$12 on a small bag. The hay that I am using currently is at LEAST 1 year old. (I bought a 100lb bail a couple of winters ago for the herd that I had at the time).

You could use a thin piece of wood on the shelves and use stick vinyl squares on the wood to make it water/pee proof.
I've never used coroplast, but I believe others have and know what to top it with.

I bought my hay by the bale at a feed store. Some sell half bales. My full bale cost $24 for timothy hay. I'm sure it will last a year. But at that price, even if I throw it away and buy new after a year, or even after 6 months, it's still way cheaper than buying small bags every week.

I WISH that I could buy hay by the bail. Unfortunately I live in a cramped 2nd floor apt. Last time I bought hay (I always buy timothy) it cost over $30 (100lb bail). This was when the hay market was good. I can not imagine what the cost was last summer.

plywood for the levels? Good luck building! If you wouldn't mind, would you please post a pic when you're done? I think I want to build a cage for my bunny, but I don't need it big... Thanks! :)

Thanks for the idea. I think that I am out of coroplast though. (used most of it for the pan). I MIGHT have enough for 1 shelf but not the other shelf.

Latest posts

Back