A Diet Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rinirabbit

Reaction score
Can Rabbits eat cheese? I am kind of curious, and also, is a little bit of white bread ok for a snack? I was just remembering my mice I used to have who loved a snack of cheese and bread :)

i wouldn't feed cheese. . .at all. . . i don't really have a reasoning other then i have never heard anyone feed cheese to their rabbits.

as far as white bread, my rabbits get TINY tastes of a fresh 9-grain bread when they are out running around. . .but i mean like a bite once a week if that. . .

katie

Dairy products aren't good for rabbits because they have trouble digesting them. You can feed bread, but whole-grain is much better than white. That way it at least has some fiber in it. Some people feed stale hard bread pieces so that the rabbits have to work to chew on it.

naturestee wrote:
Dairy products aren't good for rabbits because they have trouble digesting them. You can feed bread, but whole-grain is much better than white. That way it at least has some fiber in it. Some people feed stale hard bread pieces so that the rabbits have to work to chew on it.
ohoh. i've been giving maomaochiu yogurt and he absolutely loves it. i have not seen anything negative come out of it, but i guess i should not do that, right?

Latest posts

Back