A cup? What kind of cup?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Well, as I said in the title, this is probably going to sound like the stupidest question you've ever read... In fact, I can't believe I'm even asking it!!

:sofa:

I just want to know, when you guys say you feed a 1/4, 1/8 of a cup of pellets etc, what kind of cup do you use? Is it like a normal spare mug you'd drink coffee in, or does anybody buy food that comes with a measuring cup (like some cat/dog food does), or what? I'm just curious, because 1/4 of a big cup could be 1/2 of a small cup, etc etc... Therefore some people, whilst they specify different amounts of food could actually be feeding the same amount.

Unless there is some kind of 'cup consensus' that I'm not aware of, in which case I've just made myself look like a complete idiot and must hide my head in shame and never ever post here again! :?

:baghead

Weird! That website says 240ml is a cup, but 250ml is a cup here :p.

A metric measuring cup should have marked on it, 1/4, 1/2 3/4, so I go by that. Anyway after a while you know how much it should look like and I just chuck a handful in :D.

mouse_chalk should be metric too being from the UK, right? So you shouldn't have any worries finding a measuring cup.

Also edited to add, like in the link Bo B sent, a quarter of a cup is 4 tablespoons, it says that on the side of my measuring cup. I also just measures out a quarter of a cup, and it's more than a handful for my hands but not by too much :p.

Ok, now I'm feeling that the world has gone upside down :shock:, I keep seeing online that a cup is 240mls but I was always told it was 250mls!

*twilight zone*

:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

That's it! I'm gone! Lol!

Yeah we use metric over here, so should be easy to come across... In fact, just checked with my measuring jug, and 250mls is pretty much a full cup of the cup I've been using LOL!

So I've been feeding them ok all along! Phew! :bunnydance:

I never really though of that...
we get metric programmed into our heads... they've been saying for years that we're going to switch to metric, not that that's going to happen. I never though about the other way around, lol.

I use the cup that comes with your detergent after it's been cleaned and rinsed real good lmao.

Don't sweat it. I have a friend in Australia, and we were talking one day and his newborn baby was on his cot..... I was so upset that they left this little baby on a cot..... he could get knocked over, or whatever but a COT for a baby?!?!?!?!

This is a cot in the United States.

elt-2802936.gif

This is a cot in Australia:

cos_Venus%20Cot%20Bed%20Main%20Image.JPG

It's not a stupid question at all. This is a question coming from a prudent bunny parent who wants to be accurate and correct in the quantities fed. You are right in asking, anyway, as, indeed, there several sizes of cups. A measuring cup is the best way, because you can calculate exactly the quantity used.

Marietta

LOL! A cot means the same thing here as it does in Australia, so I was reading the first part ofyour postthinking 'why on earth was she so worried about a baby being on a cot? How can he possibly fall out of that?!'

:rofl:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Don't sweat it. I have a friend in Australia, and we were talking one day and his newborn baby was on his cot..... I was so upset that they left this little baby on a cot..... he could get knocked over, or whatever but a COT for a baby?!?!?!?!

elt-2802936.gif

Bo B Bunny wrote:

elt-2802936.gif

LOL, it's so funny sometimes how a common word can mean such totally different things in different countries.

When I was visiting New Zealand, the housekeeper told me one day that she would have to come back later to bring me my flannel. I spent all day dying of curiosity as to what I would be getting. It was a washcloth.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:

elt-2802936.gif

LOL, it's so funny sometimes how a common word can mean such totally different things in different countries.

When I was visiting New Zealand, the housekeeper told me one day that she would have to come back later to bring me my flannel. I spent all day dying of curiosity as to what I would be getting. It was a washcloth.
Lol I would've been expecting pj's.

It's the same thing in spanish. One time at a grocery store this Cuban Lady comes to my mom and asks her if she knows where the "Culeros" are.... my mom stopped in her tracks and just stared at the lady. And after a moment stared to laugh hysterically.

My mom explained to her that a "Culero" could not be found in the grocery store.

The Cuban Lady said "Well, yes you can, you know its the thing you use on the babies... you know to put on their butts"

And my mom was like "OHHHHHHH, you mean you want a Diaper? And the Cuban lady was like "yes, thats what i want!"

So, a diaper for cubans is "Culero"

But, "Culero" in Mexico is a VERY bad word used towards men. Which refers to him being a jerk.

Latest posts

Back