__:[[[ T h e S t o r y o f T o f u ]]]:__

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kirbyultra wrote:
Yay!!! That's so cute, you taught Tofu a trick! I was too lazy to do that... :) What will you teach next?
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: "up" took 2 weeks, "spin" took 2 months hehehe. so much time, but it's cute when they actually learn. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think I might do "paw" next but it seems more like a dog trick :p not suree.. going to check out some bun tricks on youtube now to see what I should try next!
But I'll be going away for all of July so it might just have to wait. :expressionless

Okay, so the excitement of Tofu learning spin has died down a bit.. and I'm ready to attempt a post :).
------------------

It's been a busy few weeks, but that just means, a bigger post! lol..

{Neuter} On Monday June 14th, I took Tofu in for (another) check up at the new vet clinic, and if he was healthy, he would go on for a neuter later that day. I had to take the bus there and back; it was a grueling 4 hour trip, in total.. but VERY worth it.

The vet, Dr. Munn was amazing. Such a genuine, kind hearted man. I asked a billion questions and he answered every one with explanations. The reception staff was also very friendly and greeted Tofu with respect and not just "oh-its-just-an-animal" -attitude we got at the other vet clinic. As soon as Tofu came out of his carrier he was breaking hearts left, right, and center and everyone was aw-ing at his cuteness... I didn't expect such a huge reaction from everyone, but it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and Tofu was so unbelievably comfortable there despite the previous 2 hour bus ride. His trembling stopped and he was even willing to do "up" for me in the waiting room.

I asked to see where Tofu would be kept while he's waiting for the operation. It was actually really hard for me to leave him in their kennel and to walk out the door without him. I know this sounds so cliche, but it was like I was missing something. (GEEZ, I'm WAYYY too attached to this bunny for my own good. :p)

I brought my boyfriend along for my own emotional support. But I'm also glad he was able to come along so that he could bond more with Tofu and to see the "going-to-the-vet" experience. He's never had a pet before, but he'll be taking care of Tofu while I'm away for a month for a family vacation.

{going away for 1 whole month} My parents decided to take a huge family trip to Asia for the entire month of July. Usually I work as a camp councilor, but since I'm gone for half the summer, it was pointless to apply for a job. That left me staying at home with Tofu and doing my hobbies.

As I mentioned up there ^ my boyfriend will be taking care of Tofu while I'm gone. He has an apartment shared with 2 other mutual friends so I feel good about leaving him there. I'll be giving him links to this website ;) in case he has any questions as well as typing out a Tofu Manuel.

I think this will be an interesting experience for Tofu. At home it's mostly me, my sister and occasionally my mom who interacts the most with him. Sometimes my brother will pet him. But when I'm away, Tofu will be with 3 guys all the time. My friends are super excited: "he's going to be a REAL man now" says one of them. :p

anyways, I'm signing out now, I'll leave a picture before I go :)

Me sitting at my desk on the computer, and Tofu decides to lay there. It was a memorable moment (that doesn't happen as much as I would like) but I'm glad my camera was within reach.

....he kinda reminds me of a cat.. but with long ears and a short tail. LOL.
DSC01442.jpg

Hello Everyone! :) Hope you all are well!

I still can't get over how happy and proud I am that Tofu learned "spin".
He's so amazing. I wish I could tell him in words that he would understand.

Anyways, I wanted to show the world my baby's skills so I made a video and uploaded it on youtube. You can see it here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVyP7mR0hU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVyP7mR0hU0[/ame]
Here is a photo I caught of Tofu trying to take an afternoon nap the other day. :biggrin:
I love it when they bunny flop. ... and I love his mohawk. LOL.

"will you quit with the camera already?! ..I'm Trying to sleep!!" *Glare* :grumpy:

DSC01470.jpg

Tofu is such a smart rabbit! That video was so cool, I must have watched it a couple of times than made hubby watch it. Congrats on being a good bunny trainer. Wanna come and teach my buns the same tricks? I love the spinning one. Okay perhaps I should take a couple of weeks off from work and by Sept, I can at least get Baci trained. Forget about the other 3.

hln917 wrote:
Tofu is such a smart rabbit! That video was so cool, I must have watched it a couple of times than made hubby watch it. Congrats on being a good bunny trainer. Wanna come and teach my buns the same tricks? I love the spinning one. Okay perhaps I should take a couple of weeks off from work and by Sept, I can at least get Baci trained. Forget about the other 3.
D'aw thanks Helen! Hahaha, don't take time off work :p I spend max. 15mins a day going through the tricks with him over and over again. If you do it everyday.. they get it eventually :p

For the spin, and with any other trick, you just sort of lead the bun in a circle with a treat while repeating the same word in the same volume/tone. Eventually they'll do it on their own without the treat but you really have to keep at it! I still cant believe I found enough patience in me to do it. LOL.

:rabbithopYayyyy goo Baci! .... and "the other 3" :grumpy:grumpy:grumpy.. make sure they didnt hear that!! bwahhaha. :D

I make Penny spin whenever I feed her. She will follow that bowl of pellets anywhere though. I don't think I can train her, but it's funny to watch her spin around looking for the pellets.

Lol (Kirby's)Helen. I used to make my friend's cat do tricks for his dinner. I get the feeling he understood the words, just refused without the luring. He knew "Sit", "Stand", "Up", "Speak", and "Spin". His father was appalled that I taught the cat parlor tricks. But I thought it was cute. :biggrin2:

I thought of training my buns after seeing that. I wanted to train Nymh the most. But he's not fixed. So I know that's a lost cause. :p
Jasper might learn. She aims to please like a dog or cat... :expressionless
Luna... Won't even let me fill her food dish in the morning without attacking me. xD If she learned 'up', it'd just be because that's how to get the food. I don't think any other objective would be on her mind. :p

Helen (kirbyultra)
:biggrin2: awwww. I think it's funny to watch bunnies spin. It seems so out of their nature (compared to hopping and such) and I think thats what makes it so cute ^___^

Ari
I think Tofu does it for the same reason too! He knows he won't get the treat otherwise. Sometimes he even refuses to do the tricks if he has had enough treats that day. It's like food is the only thing on their minds :expressionless

It's interesting to me how you say Jasper might learn because he pleases like a dog/cat.. would he do tricks just to entertain and get the attention?

To be quite honest I make Penny "Penne Pasta The Destroyer" spin for her pellets because when I try to put her bowl of pellets down on the ground, she dives into it. She's gotten my finger more than once and she's altogether too excited when she smells food nearby. Other than feeding time, she is a rock. Squats where you put 'er. So the bit of spinning is for my safety as well has to make her work a little for her food.

Tofu's Vacation

I left for vacation Sunday Morning. I'm now sitting in Hong Kong International Airport, waiting for a flight to take us to Vietnam. I dropped off Tofu at my boyfriend's apartment Thursday night so that they could get some time together and I would be available if BF had questions. At first BF was frustrated with Tofu's attitude and temper. I got worried but after a few talks and helping him understand Tofu is nervous and still settling in.. though by Saturday night they were starting to bond which was a huge relief. I'm so glad I dropped him off early!

I've been teary eyed on and off ever since I dropped him off. My parents and siblings told me to think of it as "Tofu is going on a vacation too! " and that has been helping me cope. BF has also already sent detailed emails about what Tofu did that day, and pictures. Here are some of the pictures he took of Tofu:

Tofu sitting on BF's chair. Observing the room I'm guessing, he loves to jump on beds and chairs.
P1010382.jpg

Tofu and BF cuddling in bed. Apparently he just jumped in and joined him on the 2nd night. BLASPHEMY! Tofu only does this with me once in a blue moon :expressionless
P1010396.jpg

So remember those pictures from before where Tofu was sitting on the AC vent?
This is him sitting on BF's bed, infront of the fan :biggrin2: Tofu definitely knows how to enjoy the luxuries of life.
:biggrin:
GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

That is all for now~ I'm not sure how often I'll be able to access this forum/the internet in general but if I can, I'll definitely keep posting pics of Tofu's Vacation :)

OMG you're going to Vietnam? Wow, hope it's fun there! I have a friend who recently went there like last month. She said it was hot hot hot hot hot!

Tofu will be fine I'm sure. Don't be so sad :(

Tofu is TOO cute!!!! Love his coloring! And hearing about him hogging coolness is so awesome!

I'm in Vietnam at the moment! And I don't know if you're used to this heat or not... But it's waaaay too hot for someone like me! I die when it gets up to 15c!

I like your family's theory of Tofu going on a vacation also! Looks like Tofu and your boyfriend are doing some male bonding!

Latest posts

Back