6 1/2 weeks. =3 Baby update.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaded Night Rabbitry

Reaction score
Figured I'd share some updates on some babies!

This litter is IronMountain's Na'vi [siamese sable, 1 leg] x Lots-a-Hop's Kiddo [sable point, 5 legs]

Shaded Night's Bear
REW buck [aa BB cc DD ?e]
bear.jpg

Shaded Night's Moose
Sable Point buck [aa BB c[sup]chl[/sup]c DD ee]
SPbuck2.jpg

Shaded Night's Firefly
Sable Point doe [aa BB c[sup]chl[/sup]c[sup]chl[/sup] DD ee]
spdoe2.jpg

Shaded Night's Dragonfly
Siamese Sable doe [aa BB c[sup]chl[/sup]c DD Ee]
SSdoe2.jpg

I'm keeping both does and watching the bucks. The dam went to CA this weekend, so we need some replacements. xD I like the sable for her head, the sable point for her body and ear so far. But who knows, that may all change. ;D

KT's Gotta Have Son [siamese sable] x Bill [REW] - 3 weeks

Shaded Night's ??? [guess his color. I know, but it's tricky to people. ;D]
sablechin.png

Shadowland Wicker [chestnut] x Willow Glen's Scout [chestnut, 6 legs]

Shaded Night's ???
Chestnut buck
chesnut-1.png

Shaded Night's ??? 'no ears'
Chestnut buck
noear.png

Probably keeping both showable bucks, but not 100% sure on the chestnut. No ears will be offered as a pet, or my 4H leader might take him as a brood. =3

I also have two new litters from sisters, but the babies are only 12 days old and aren't ready for their first real photoshoot yet. =3

Oh WOW! I love Bear & Firefly! If you think Bear will make a good show prospect, I think I could talk Mandi into getting him! Or maybe even Moose! Haha. I want me some Nethies...perhaps. XD

Emily

LOL If you want bear you can have him. I don't really mess with rews too much.

He may shape up to be a show prospect. Should have the biggest head outta the bunch. Nicest ears, also. =3 Would show better in 4H than open, but who knows how he'll mature, haha. =3 If you want him tho, he's yours. I always have does you'd be welcome to breed him to also~ ;D

You and your rews dude. XP

Bahaha. :) He reminds me of Kenai. <3 I don't think that it's because he's REW...okay, well partly that, but I was drawn to him right when I opened the thread! lol. What does he mask? (Obviously something shaded. :p)

I can just have him? hehe. I'd feel bad not giving you something. By the way, I have one of your EZ crocks, and your 05 standard. ;) You forget to bring things to shows, then you leave stuff with me. Lol. Just kidding. :p

Emily

He is aa BB cc DD ?e.
So he's a self, does not carry chocolate, does not carry dilute, and is either non-extension or carries non-extension

Basically he could go into anything. Might wanna watch him with otters/martens for foxes and weird self things.. XD

and woah, I had no idea. XD Bring them up to the meeting, if you don't mind? And yes. Just have. XD As long as I could get a stud in the future. ;D

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
He is aa BB cc DD ?e.
So he's a self, does not carry chocolate, does not carry dilute, and is either non-extension or carries non-extension

Basically he could go into anything. Might wanna watch him with otters/martens for foxes and weird self things.. XD

and woah, I had no idea. XD Bring them up to the meeting, if you don't mind? And yes. Just have. XD As long as I could get a stud in the future. ;D

Okay. We'd most likely get into Shadeds, hehe. :) Already looking at Sandee's bunnies too.

Yesh...ahh we aren't gonna be able to make it to the meeting. :( Moving into the new house that day. :/

Haha okay. :) We are still thinkin' bout it. Will hopefully know more if I can rehome the Opals. :) Hopefully that will be soon. Hrm, we'll have to invest in some smaller holes, as well as dwarf sized carriers! Eep! This will be fun if we decide to do it!

Emily

LOL. well he'd make a nice starter buck for just playing around. I'd always take him back, also. =3 And 18 by 18s are cheap, teehee. =3

Awee, that's two meetings in a row. =/ Will you make it to january's meetings?

maxysmummy wrote:
what beautiful rabbits!

may i ask though, what's the go with the little fellow with no ears? genetic mutation?
If only. :wink

The doe was a first time mom, got a little scared during kindling, and ate the ears and skin off his forhead. =/ It's caused disfigurement in the head (basically, the skin is much tighter than it should be, and didn't look right between 2 and 20 days), lack of ears, and a really pretty brindle pattern for a while.

I know I should have put him down, but I just wasn't up to it, and honestly I needed the warmth of an extra kit when it was below 20 degrees. I lost a litter of 4 (which had one more!) to the cold that was born at the same time. =/ Darn cold!

LOL. well he'd make a nice starter buck for just playing around. I'd always take him back, also. =3 And 18 by 18s are cheap, teehee. =3

Awee, that's two meetings in a row. =/ Will you make it to january's meetings?

Mkay. :) Ooh, really? lol. Like...how cheap? :p

I know. :( Yes, hopefully we will...unless there's snow in the foothills. :/ Otherwise, we should defintely be there.

Emily

$120 for a 4 hole from woodies. If I can get my replacements, I'd sell a 4 stack and 2 stack for that (or maybe less). XD They're only a few months old, but I probably won't be getting the replacements until frozen friends. My upgrade is gunna be like $250 total. T.T; Plus the new 8 hole. LOL
Guess it's not exactly cheap, but not bad for 6 holes. Can't beat $20 a pop when I just bought 'em for 30. teehee.

Omgsh, they're all adorable! But I especially love the one without the ears! Poor baby ♥

I want him :panic: but my mom would probably never let me, and we live far away!

BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:
What does he mask? (Obviously something shaded. :p)
REW's can't mask shaded since it is a recessive on the C gene (so is shaded, so only one can exist).

I also love the REW though! Very nice looking litters!:)

$120 for a 4 hole from woodies. If I can get my replacements, I'd sell a 4 stack and 2 stack for that (or maybe less). XD They're only a few months old, but I probably won't be getting the replacements until frozen friends. My upgrade is gunna be like $250 total. T.T; Plus the new 8 hole. LOL
Guess it's not exactly cheap, but not bad for 6 holes. Can't beat $20 a pop when I just bought 'em for 30. teehee.

Oh, that's definitely not bad for 6 holes. ;)

Julie, ahh I see. :) That makes sense, lol.

Emily

Hi Megan, it's been a while :)

Great looking babies you have XD I like Firefly a lot.

and Shaded Night's [guess his color] is a chestnut? :)

And how are your spots and angoras doing?

lelanatty wrote:
Hi Megan, it's been a while :)

Great looking babies you have XD I like Firefly a lot.

and Shaded Night's [guess his color] is a chestnut? :)

And how are your spots and angoras doing?
heya! =3

I adore Firefly also. reallllly hoping she shines up to be something really nice, so I don't feel bad about sending off her mom 3 weeks bred! teehee.

The 'chestnut' is a sable chin. ;D Darn shagouti's! He doesn't quite look like the ones I've seen in pictures, but who knows.

I no longer have the spots. Gave them to a friend in CA, who's expanded from just the two to a small herd of them, although I don't know how many. My angoras are good! The buck I have is shaping up VERY nicely, and should make a great herd buck. just needs to finish up his coat! The doe is meh, and may end up going into another 'project' of mine. But I may also keep that 'project' purebred so I get wool also. Dunno. =3 I'll have to take update photos soon!

how's your herd doing?

Latest posts

Back