5 new babies from nice boy bunny HELP!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sending you a private message with my cell phone number. Please call me if you want and we can talk about this - I'll help you with what needs to be done.

I'll also post some stuff here - today is my daughter's 26th birthday and I'm trying to get everything together...so I'll be off and on.

Well - there's good news - and there is bad news.

The good news is that at least we know now why she's not nursing.

The bad news is - you will now have to formula feed them.

I don't know what the vet told your daughter about mama or the drugs they gave her - but if mama goes on drugs (which she NEEDS) ... then the babies will have to be formula fed.

I'll talk to you about all this on the phone.

TinysMom wrote:
I am sending you a private message with my cell phone number. Please call me if you want and we can talk about this - I'll help you with what needs to be done.

I'll also post some stuff here - today is my daughter's 26th birthday and I'm trying to get everything together...so I'll be off and on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAUGHTER OF BUNNY MASTER! :party:

And thank you again. I am soon to leave for Long Island.

I hope the vet showed her how to feed them. It is very easy to drown them or over feed them can cause death. But I am sure Peg will help you the best she can.

Misty and all, I am waiting for Lisa to get back home and give me another report. I did not go out because of yet another sadness. She asked me to stay home tonight. Might go in the morning.
As soon as she calls I will begin typing.
Lisa so much appreciates the members of this forum who have helped her through this very hard several hours. When she has not been hearing your words as she drives around or tried tending to her bunnies, she was reading the thread herself.
Waiting.
{hugs} to all
Hi Wiskersz....

Ok, one report before I fall over.
Thank you again to everyone.
One baby has survived and is doing well tonight. It is taking some food and wants more. It was helped to make water and not yet poo. It is active and my daughter feels good about this one baby. The ones passed are in her heart. The mommy I heard from dd is going to get his/her butt kicked tonight, LOLOL! But she loves Leo so much so that won't be happening but boy has dd had a day from hell.
Mommy bunny (leo) gets antibiotics at 3a and Lisa takes hers at 6a and I think there is a feeding in there somewhere with another diaper session too. he-he-he!
I will be on an early train out to see how I can help her. I will probably get to clean the bathroom and do the dishes. She has her hands full do you think for a newbie?
I think she is doing great and if she reads this Lisa, Mommy is so proud of you.
Good night and love to you all.
Suzanne

Oh my...
Sorry for being late.
I hadn't been on to check this thread today and all this happens?! Uhh..

Im sorry about the loss of the babies :( Its terrible.
I know it is hard to deal with, but you can make it just as Leo and the surviving baby is making it.

I pray things will get better and both mom and baby will be alright,healthy, and thriving soon!

Keep us updated Mommies Mom!!
Best of luck to you, Leo, and baby bunny.

:pray:

Whiskerz wrote:
Oh my...
Sorry for being late.
I hadn't been on to check this thread today and all this happens?! Uhh..

Im sorry about the loss of the babies :( Its terrible.
I know it is hard to deal with, but you can make it just as Leo and the surviving baby is making it.

I pray things will get better and both mom and baby will be alright,healthy, and thriving soon!

Keep us updated Mommies Mom!!
Best of luck to you, Leo, and baby bunny.

:pray:

Good morning Whiskersz and all the Bunnie people here,
I was asked to come in today to help dd with things. As I predicted I will be doing house work while frazzled dd takes care of her darlings. I did wake her with a call this morning and she checked on her baby and mom bunny. Both were sleeping. Dd being a little on edge :nerves1(thank you Whiskersz for showing me that {shaker guy} because it is very appropriate and i was way too stupid at the time to realize it) I did not push with things she will be doing for bunnies this morning. She has a degree and is not dumb.... lika mum here, :p. So I am just finishing up things and will go to her on the train and we will up date you. We may be making a phone call as well.
I do not think I will touch the bunnies thinking to many humans could confuse a sensitive situation. Unless of course dd tosses them at me in a panic, which I doubt will happen. She sounds like she has things under control and is ready for further instructions from the pros here. She has read everything and watched the videos here. She sends her deepest thanks and love.
{hugs} and love to all,
You're the best.
Suzanne

But you gotta remember the mom(bunny) is doing her best for being a first time momma too!

mistyjr wrote:
But you gotta remember the mom(bunny) is doing her best for being a first time momma too!
Ya know this is a great point. thank you.
Thus actually seems to be the huge family lesson being learned all around. New Mommy Bunny, New daughter mommy, new granny and grandpa all doing just smackie i tell ya! :nerves1:nerves1:nerves1:nerves1:nerves1LOLOLOL

I am getting ready to head out now.
I'm super sure Lisa is giving tons of love to Leo. If it looks to you all that she is going to mommy her baby she WILL mommy her baby.

I have not even seen them yet.
Talk to you from the island.
xoxo

Just found this thread now, I hope the remaining babies make it ok :( This is one of the reasons I love this forum, so helpful :)

Love to you all.
Little baby passed in my darling daughters loving hand yesterday morning as she was trying to tend to it. We were all so broken yesterday that Grandpa stayed home and I went to Lisa. We walked, drove, cried.
We called grandpa every so often.
Lisa rested while I worked a bit around the apartment.
She brought Leo into the bed with her. And the day was very quiet.
I feel so thankful for a daughter who was calm and loving even while her heart was being ripped from her being in sadness.
Not everything has a happy ending, but when I die I pray I am in the loving hands of someone so special.

Now that it is the next day, we will be up to tending our bunny, Leo a mommy bunny.
Hopefully we will get pictures of her up soon.
I guess we will now stay with the bunny group as we have a bunny.
A beautiful bunny.
Beautiful Leo a GIRL bunny! :D

Aww I am really sorry about the last bunny, ye tried your best :( Looking forward to pictures of ''Leo'' you should change her name to Leona ;) :p

irishbunny wrote:
Aww I am really sorry about the last bunny, ye tried your best :( Looking forward to pictures of ''Leo'' you should change her name to Leona ;) :p
Hi Grace,
Your name was all over us yesterday. Grace.
I think Lisa did start calling her that. I have to wait for confirmation.
Wouldn't that have helped if the owners would have done that for us in the beginning. YA! :agree Like a big red WARNING: Pretty GIRL bunny! :inlove:

Hugs Wiskersz.

I am really sorry you lost those babies.
My first rabbit was sold to me as a boy as well and I was in shock when i suddenly found two baby bunnies hopping through the garden (we named them Magic and Miracle) I often wonder if they had siblings that never made it.
Enjoy your beautiful Leona.

Latest posts

Back