5 new babies from nice boy bunny HELP!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, The nipples are covered with fur?? They shouldnt be covered with fur. It sound be easy to pull. but sometimes you gotta pull a little more to get it loose. I am sorry also! I hope the best.

Mommies Mom wrote:
hair is not pulling off. loe broke nail. dd is wondering if she should go to hospilat with babies
You need to go w/ mama and babies - mama could have a stuck kit or some other problem and they may be able to give her a shot for her milk to come in if it hasn't come in yet...

NOW! what should she do?? she is frightened, sad, not thinking too well. 2 passed babies and they are getting wrinkily
they are squeeking
we are trying water on the cloth
what do we do???

TinysMom wrote:
Mommies Mom wrote:
hair is not pulling off. loe broke nail. dd is wondering if she should go to hospilat with babies
You need to go w/ mama and babies - mama could have a stuck kit or some other problem and they may be able to give her a shot for her milk to come in if it hasn't come in yet...
Yes! I have to agree with Peg, Momma needs a shot to get milk in.

But do not just take the rabbits to any vets. Alot of vets dont do rabbits and wouldnt know what to do with the rabbits and can kill the babies. So be careful and call around the vets near you and ask if they take rabbits. You need to get them in and they need to eat asap. They are getting weak and die.. I am sorry for both of ya'll.:pray::pray:

you know Lisa is my baby. She has gone to the hospital
She is not picking up the phone. she is so sad and hurt. my husband and I pray that even one lives. even leo, who lisa loves so much.
this is so frightening.
if i tell her not to go to a vet now anyway she will collapse and then what?
this was put on her and she was not in the least bit prepared to deal with it.

I didnt say dont go to a vet... I said that some vets dont see rabbits or dont know about them, Is all I am saying..

Is she going to the Emergency Vet??

30 years ago when I was in nursing school, i took a runt from a litter of kittens and tried to save it.
after a a week the little kitten died in my hand. through all i ahve seen in nursing taht one thing had the most painful memory. this was something i hoped would never happen to mine or anyone children.
now it is happening to lisa.
i know you breeders must have had this experience, it is so hard as they are so small

lisa has still not called back
thank you agian for all your love and guidence.
s

she is headed to a hospital she knows in the area. she is not a pet owner so she is not personally familliar with any doctors.

i am taking down the picture of the bunny who passed. I would prefer she not see it on facebook. If anyone needs it take it now.

Yes, I gone threw this even with Adult rabbits, And Babies of course. It's the hardest thing ever to loose your pets, I have lost at least each baby in each litter and lost 2 adult rabbits.

mistyjr wrote:
Yes, I gone threw this even with Adult rabbits, And Babies of course. It's the hardest thing ever to loose your pets, I have lost at least each baby in each litter and lost 2 adult rabbits.
I am so sorry. But thank you for sharing. Still waiting for her to call. I hope she is looking at the road and not bunnies while driving. Though by now she should be with doctors.

If they are not willing to eat, warm them up first with a towel and hair dryer (don't burn them) or a heating pad. It should 'revive' them and get them moving. They usually get cold when not fed.

we have 2 babies on mommie with fever. hospital will not keep them. dd is being forced to take them out and feed babies q2h.
I am going out to her now. will be slight delay in my arrival to do fish change and family set up here + train ride. I am most worried about leo at this point. How can we care for a rabbit with a fever? I never had time to research these animals. continue to pack and calling dd. going off line to call. Many thanks.

Latest posts

Back