2011 Texan Tales & Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TinysMom wrote:
I was really crying over Jar Jar a bit ago - and decided that he would hate to see me like that - he was always so affectionate with me.

So I spent some time with the holland lop babies and came up with this photo - in his honor - since he was a lop and loved to play....and he would want me to remember that life goes on...

[align=center]
1499_062216_400000000.jpg

[/align]

:faint: SUCH CUTENESS!! I love this collage.

I am sorry about Jar Jar. As we have said before: Even for all of their size, it somehow seems like the larger breeds lead such fragile lives. Well, all rabbits do, I guess. :in tears: Binky free, handsome boy!

Great news about Eric's possible new job! :pray: God is so good.

I don't often share about Lily and Rosita. They are two New Zealand does that we "rescued" from the feed store a few months ago when they were dumped off there as adults. Lily is a sweetheart and she is so easy to take care of - she loves... pets, etc. Rosita is "cage aggressive" and is a sweetie once she grows to trust you. I moved both girls today into a different style of cage and think that this is going to help Rosita be less cage aggressive as she will let me pet her now that the door doesn't open inwards. I think I've grown to care more for Rosita because she is such a challenge - but Lily is "easier" to love. I love the way Rosita holds her ears and sort of points them at you when she looks at you - I keep waiting for her to shoot a death ray at me...

So no....introducing...

[align=center]
Lily

1499_072119_130000001.jpg

and Rosita

1499_072119_130000002.jpg

1499_072119_120000000.jpg

[/align]

Lily and Rosita are such pretty girls!

I know some people freak out about white rabbits with red eyes - "scary" - but I happen to love them. Probably because they are somewhat more rare.

First of all - its been a pretty good weekend so far.

Eric came down to get some new clothes for his interview on Monday. In fact, he was my picture of the day today for the 365 project I'm trying to do again...

[align=center]
1499_092323_250000000.jpg

[align=left]In addition - on Wednesday I go to Sonora to pick up Popcorn (and her friend Charlie - who I don't have a picture of yet) to add to our herd. Her mama "Snap" from the forum is going to college and needs to rehome Popcorn and as we've been talking its been mentioned that she and Charlie are sorta side by side and they hate being separated....

Anyway - here's Popcorn...

[align=center]
1499_092322_020000000.jpg

[align=left]She is just SOOO pretty - I can hardly wait to get her. I'm really falling in love with the New Zealands...
[/align][/align][/align][/align]

TinysMom wrote:
Eric came down to get some new clothes for his interview on Monday.  In fact, he was my picture of the day today for the 365 project I'm trying to do again...

[align=center]
1499_092323_250000000.jpg

:highfive: Looking Good! Prayers for a successful interview.

TinysMom wrote:
[align=center]
1499_060320_490000000.jpg

R.I.P. Jar Jar Binks
Gone - but never forgotten

[align=left]I will share details later - Jar Jar just died a few moments ago and I'm still sitting here in tears.

He'd been ill for quite a while with abscesses.....he was on meds, etc. but the doctor had been worried that he might have abscesses in his lungs, etc.

We were going to do surgery later this month - when she put him on different meds he had a bad reaction and dropped some weight and I was trying to help him get stronger.

Many breeders probably would have put him down quite a while ago - he had a lot of abscesses and they were huge.  We were treating him with antibiotics and hoping to get them to go down....and then when we went to the vet she wanted him on different antibiotics before surgery.

I sometimes struggled with whether or not I should have him put to sleep - I knew he had so many abscesses and he looked so bad.  BUT...I couldn't bring myself to do it - he was alert - he was VERY affectionate (he just gave me kisses not half an hour ago) and he enjoyed eating.

I guess that's all I can say for now.  Somewhere I have a picture of him I want to share here again....of him playing outside and binkying.

Binky free my boy - binky free. 

I never meant to get you when I went to the breeder - but you jumped into my arms and gave me kisses and more kisses and I just couldn't resist you.

I just feel bad because it seemed like you & your sister kept coming down with health problems after I brought you home.

I hope you enjoyed your life - short as it was - with us.

Mama
[/align][/align]

awww Peg....I haven't been around in a while, but just read this. :cry1: I'm so sorry about JarJar. I went to write a brief post in Yof's blog and something told me to go to yours, just had a feeling that something had happened. He most definitely was a beautiful boy. Cursed abscesses...I guess some bunnies are just prone to them, and no matter the treatment, they hang on.

All I can say is that you gave JarJar a wonderful home, and as you well know, he'll always be with you.

Binky free, sweet boy...

Thanks - that means a lot to me.

I wish I could begin to describe how much I'm hurting right now.......I miss him so much. I spent so much time trying to help him...and now he's gone.

It is very hard.....take good care of Yofi...

My picture for the day today isn't one I took - but I have to share it.

Eric sent it to my cell phone - he took it as he was driving to San Marcos today...

[align=center]
1499_101827_270000000.jpg

[/align]

Here's Charlie - Popcorn's friend we're taking in with her...

[align=center]
1499_102140_400000000.jpg

[align=left]I can hardly wait till we get them both!
[/align][/align]

Some short non-photo updates.

ERIC GOT THE JOB!! He's still in San Marcos apartment hunting and is hoping to get everything settled on an apartment today....he has a check to cash for about $1000 (for moving) - turns out that they had to keep back a bunch for his taxes.. Still yet, that check should get his deposits paid and his first month's rent paid I think and not sure what else....

He is hoping to get an apartment at Englebrook which has a 100% rating on apartment rating. com where people talk about apartments.

I'm a bit upset/discouraged about it. I'm glad he got the job. I'm glad he'll be in San Marcos - but the pay was no where near as good as we thought it would be (based on research from Monster.com). Its gonna be a bit of a struggle for him...so I'm not overly happy.

But yet - he'll be getting good training in this job and it is a good start to getting out of retail and into something better. In addition, he won't be in what was pretty much a dead-end town....he'll be halfway between San Antonio & Austin...so that's cool.

The litters are doing good. The Nyx bits are so sweet again and the holland lops are somewhat sweet. They turned 8 weeks old yesterday and I take them to mama once a day to nurse and then they go to a weaning cage. The broken buck is now getting a second nursing it looks like from here (I see him on his back with his legs kicking in the air). One of Cindy's weaned itself early..

I get Popcorn and Charlie today! I'm so excited - I get to go meet SNAP from the forum and pick up Popcorn and Charlie from her. I'm finding I just love my New Zealand does.

The last 48 hours have been probably some of the worst of my life.....or among the top 10 "worst periods of time" - done a lot of crying - a lot of praying - a lot of soul-searching and just seeking out God.

I can say this morning that I can honestly see God working through all this and I can even start to see it "working together" for good. So right now, while it feels like I'm living with the vinegar that is used to sour the milk to make that awesome chocolate cake .... I see the light at the end of the tunnel....and it is good.

I am SOOOOO excited.

CJ....who has never been a digger....is digging like crazy in the back of her cage.

Most of my girls dig when they're pregnant....then again - it could be a false pregnancy...but still yet...it is a change in behavior for her...

Forgot to add - part of why I'm so excited is that CJ is out of Sophia....which means I might have Sophia grandbabies....

I loved Sophia so much!

I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time. I will be praying for you and your family :pray:

That's wonderful that you are getting positive indications from your girl :biggrin:

:hugsquish:

:happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit::happyrabbit:

Eric has an apartment!!!

He has gone back to the corporate headquarters to sign the job acceptance form and his division boss is taking him out to lunch before he heads back to work.

The company cut him a check for a little over $1000 ($1500 - taxes withheld)...so he put down the deposit on the apartment along with the rent from the 18th - the end of the month plus the application fee. It was around $450 if I remember right ... so he has the rest left for moving - plus he'll be getting a check for his mileage to corporate headquarters this weekend.

He is very happy - and somewhat sad too. He says its a hard team to leave as far as where he is working - and the gal he was "friends" with (she wasn't ready to date yet) is not handling this well because she wants to stay in West Texas and she's just sure that San Marcos is too big for someone who wants horses....(mind you - I found him a place that was 4 bedrooms (mobile home) plus fenced yard and horse barn for under $700).

But he will be getting training and becoming "Dell-certified" whatever that means in computer speak....and he is excited about the team he will be joining.

So....yippee I guess.....now to figure out how soon Mike (his boss) can let him go so he can get started up at corporate (hint: if he could've started today - they would have preferred that!)

:party0002::pinkelepht::pinkbouce::weee::woohoo

It's so wonderful when nice things happen to nice people!

God is looking out for you and your family. :biggrin2:

Cross posted from the Rescue Me thread where Popcorn was first posted a few months ago...

[line]
IMG_0028.jpg

When I first saw Popcorn in the car...

IMG_0029.jpg

My first look at Charlie

IMG_0030.jpg

Charlie & Popcorn with their "first mom" who I told can have them back after college if she wants them back at that time - and if she'll be at shows I'll be at....I'll take them with me so she can see them again...

IMG_0032.jpg

In our van

IMG_0040.jpg

I took a lot of photos of Charlie because I don't know yet what breed he is. He seems like a spunky little guy with quite an attitude (I don't mean that in a bad way). The more I look at his head (I haven't yet petted him) - the more I wonder if he might be minirex or something...partially.

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Their "temporary" housing arrangement in our bedroom on top of Zeus' cage until I can get cages rearranged and moved around and make room for them to be side by side in another spot. She will go to a larger dog kennel (like Zeus' that they're sitting on) and he'll probably go in the cage she is in....

IMG_0049.jpg

Popcorn - who was very scared and skittish.

Before we left Sonora - Robin & I stopped at a convenience store and bought a cup of fruit of strawberries and grapes and watermelon. They both ate everything but the watermelon (they only had a few pieces of each - not a whole cup or anything).

When we got home - Charlie started eating and drinking right away but Popcorn was freaked out by Art's presence and all the moving she'd done, etc. It didn't help that Art DARED to reach IN HER CAGE to pet her. Oh no no no....that was not to be done.

As soon as he left the room she uncurled herself and looked around a bit and chinned the cage over near where Charlie was...

I think Charlie will start getting run time tomorrow in the living room - perhaps with Angel. Popcorn will probably wait a week or so until she can get used to us and not freak out.

About to head back to bed....woke up after kitty knocked a cup to the floor in the kitchen and broke it.

But Popcorn and Charlie must be doing pretty good here - they're both doing the bunny 500 in their cages now that its starting to be daylight...

Latest posts

Back