2011 Texan Tales & Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted everyone to see why we call her

[align=center]FAT BUTT!!!

IMG_0054-1.jpg

[/align]

Now Nyx.....that wasn't nice.

You asked if you could post a picture of Harmony ... I thought you meant one of these...

[align=center]
IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

[align=left]Just for that no apple tonight....and you have to go apologize to Harmony before you can have ANY bananas.

You're the one who told her you wanted some photos for the forum...she didn't know you were setting her up like that.

Bad bunny....bad bad bunny.

:p
[/align][/align]

Awwwww what precious baby loppies! I need one of them, then I can have mismatched triplets :D They are so cute. How are Popcorn and Charlie doing? Charlie is extra cute, I too think he may have some mini rex in him. Something about him. He looks like a chunky mini rex mix. I like his tiny spots.

aw Peg, I love looking at your bunny photos. :) And I have to say, Charlie is adorable! What a cutie.

Also have to laugh because, keeping with tradition of things seeming to overlap in our lives (sort of) I read the post that your son got a new job - BIG congrats on that!!! - and that he was apartment searching. My son is also now looking for an apartment .... well, still looking; I see your son got a place :) ... Unfortunately for my son, his circumstances are a bit different. He recently broke up with his gf and is moving out of their shared apt. And it's been tough; prices in TO are high, it's probably going to cost him around $1200+ a month for a tiny one-bedroom in a not-so-nice area of the city. However, it is funny that my son and your son were kind of mirroring one another like that...just for different reasons.

btw, what sort of job does your son have? Is he going to be a computer techie?

Bassetluv wrote:
aw Peg, I love looking at your bunny photos. :) And I have to say, Charlie is adorable! What a cutie.

Also have to laugh because, keeping with tradition of things seeming to overlap in our lives (sort of) I read the post that your son got a new job - BIG congrats on that!!! - and that he was apartment searching. My son is also now looking for an apartment .... well, still looking; I see your son got a place :) ... Unfortunately for my son, his circumstances are a bit different. He recently broke up with his gf and is moving out of their shared apt. And it's been tough; prices in TO are high, it's probably going to cost him around $1200+ a month for a tiny one-bedroom in a not-so-nice area of the city. However, it is funny that my son and your son were kind of mirroring one another like that...just for different reasons.

btw, what sort of job does your son have? Is he going to be a computer techie?
It always amazes me how often our lives overlap in various ways and at various times - whether its getting a puppy at the same time - to other things that we've experienced.

Eric has worked at McCoy's Lumber for a little over 3 years. He started out as a cashier.....and eventually wound up as the administrative person.....basically he handled the cash deposits, working on getting bad checks paid, and all sorts of paperwork type stuff.

As he told me when he was down over Father's Day - he was content where he was at - he finally had a group of friends that he felt comfortable with and he felt he'd mastered his job to the point where he was good at it and his boss was pleased. He felt at times like he was in a dead-end job in a dead-end town....but that he was content where he was at until he felt like God wanted him to move.

We also talked about how he'd put in his application for the help desk position at the corporate office. He'd done that a few weeks ago because his manager, Mike, was encouraging him to move to corporate if a job opened up and try to work a career path from there since Eric had no interest in becoming a store manager or entering management training. When he was down here - he'd not heard from them about his application.

Well - fast forward that two weeks - they called him right after Father's Day to do the interview and it lasted 90 minutes. The last half hour or so was spent chatting about Alaska and Maryland as Marcus, his future boss, learned that they'd both been in Alaska and Maryland around the same times!

Then he got a call asking him to come up to San Marcos for an interview - they would pay his mileage and put him up overnight.

Needless to say - when he had the interview last Monday he was offered the job right after lunch.

He was so discouraged Monday night - it seemed like he just could NOT find an apartment anywhere and he couldn't reach Mike to ask for an additional day of vacation to continue looking. He decided to call his pastor for some advice and he was really encouraged to keep trying because this was such a good opportunity for personal and career growth that he shouldn't just give up.

He wound up reaching Mike on Tuesday and getting the extension and finding the apartment late Tuesday afternoon. The company cut him a check for his moving expenses (a bit over $1,000 after taxes were taken out) and he put down the deposit for the apartment on Wednesday morning.

He is going to be getting a 1 bedroom (to me its more like a studio apartment) here at Englebrook. I'm a bit concerned because his apartment will be $570 per month and he only makes $11.50 per hour at his new job (he was making $9.25 before).

However, he has to do what is right for him....and this is what he wants.

As far as his new job - he will be working at the help desk where the employees call in from the stores if they have a computer problem. There are 6 people on the team and some are part-timers and others are full-time. His schedule will be flexible and he might wind up working some Saturdays. He has a 12 month commitment to the job.

One of the reasons we encouraged him to go for it is that they are getting him training to become "Dell Certified". I have no idea what that means....but I'm sure it will be good for his resume.

Eric starts on August 1st and turns 27 on August 2nd.....I wonder if they'll pick up on his birthday ahead of time and do a cake or something.

Art is going to go up to Alpine next week to help Eric pack and move.....

Guess that's about all....sorry to hear your son faces such high rent prices - OUCH! I hope he finds something.

I mentioned to Eric the possibility of getting a two bedroom and having a roommate but there was NO WAY he was going to do that.....oh well...what do moms know?

:D

Well - a couple of short updates.

First off - if Charlie isn't a mini-rex...(based upon my past experiences) - then he is the energizer bunny in disguise. Man does he have energy....I open up his cage during the day and he bounces back and forth between my table and his cage....can I bottle his energy for myself?

Secondly.....I had a doctor's visit today and I'm somewhat disturbed by it. In fact, I'm very very disturbed.

Last year I went and had bloodwork done because I suspected I was pre-diabetic or diabetic. The doctor I saw (military hospital) wasn't overly concerned about it...the numbers were "a bit" high...but not too bad.

So today I go in to see about renewing my prescriptions and I wind up seeing the chief of staff because my doctor has left and the new one isn't in yet. Turns out he's pretty disturbed from reading my medical records....he says I WAS pre-diabetic last year and should have been getting help/treatment for the last year.

The good news is - I've lost five pounds since then.

But we're going to need to do fresh bloodwork and then I need to schedule an appointment with the person who works with diabetics and pre-diabetics to work on their diet and lifestyle changes.

Have I mentioned that my hands have been tingling A LOT for the last month???? I was thinking it was from typing so much on the computer.....turns out it might not be that - and my headaches and vision problems can be related to this also.

I'm pretty stressed at this moment.....ok.....very stressed.

Peg *hugs* I hope your bloodwork comes back good. Even if you are diabetic there are so many things that can be done now. It's a relief that someone is picking up on the possibilities so you get help. I'm scheduled for bloodwork and I'm worried that my sugar levels are not going to be good either.

I'm so very happy that things are working out for Eric. I understand what you mean about sterssing about his finances. I think if he can stay disciplined and stay focused, he can make it alright. I am guessing this is a starting rate too and I hope that he can get a raise quickly enough to help ease the pressure. :)Good for him for taking the risk and wanting to expand and move forwards.

I'm sorry about your health. Diabetes is no fun thing. I have sugar issues myself so I know how things go. Like Brandy said though, there is so much information out there now and really it's mainly about making choices and being careful not to overdo things. The most important thing is wanting to be well so that you can accept that things might have to change.

I hope you get the care you need to get you feeling better :)

I was going through last year's blog (more on that later) and decided I needed to repost this.

It is from Barbi Brown's website and was posted w/ her permission...

[align=center][align=center][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]YOU'VE GONE TO THE RABBITS WHEN....[/font][/align] [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"] [/font][align=center][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][/font][/align] [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"] [/font][align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You spend more time in the Rabbitry than the house.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]The mailman brings more show catalogs than mail addressed to "Occupant".[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You have a phone extension in the rabbitry.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You spend more time cleaning nest boxes than cleaning the house.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You lay awake at night thinking of rabbit names.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You plan your vacation around the ARBA convention and your Breed's National Show.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You spend every week-end at rabbit shows and your in-laws are beginning to wonder if they'll ever see the grand kids again.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your rabbit meds cost more than the kids doctor bills.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your very first rabbit is now a great-great grandmother.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You have "your own line".[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You turn down a dinner date with your boss because a new doe is about to kindle.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You spend more at the feed store than the grocery store.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You've visited more Rabbitries than National Monuments.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You 8 year old can recite every breed of rabbit but doesn't know the President's name.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You ask for a rabbit fur coat for Christmas but want the rabbit in it.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]For your Birthday you want a roll of wire and j-clips.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You have more rabbit dates than people dates on your calendar.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]The man at the feed store knows you better than your hairdresser.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You can pack 10 carriers in the back of a compact car but can't load suitcases for vacation.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You'll drive 400 miles at 2 in the morning for a rabbit show but going across town to your mother-in-law's for dinner is "too far".[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You know every herb a rabbit likes but haven't a clue what to use with tomato sauce.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your electric bill in the barn is higher than the house.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your rabbits have air conditioning but you don't.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your rabbits have their own freezer for water bottles.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your kids can calculate probabilities of litter colors but are stumped in science class.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your greeting cards all have rabbits on them.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your gift packages all have rabbits on them.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You have pictures of all your rabbits only a few of your first born son.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]Your spouse refers to you as "the person who takes care of the rabbits."[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]You have a smoke alarm in the barn but not in the kitchen.[/font][/align] [align=CENTER][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"]It's midnight and you're exhausted but take one last walk through the barn to be sure all the babies are in their box.[/font][/align][/align]

TinysMom wrote:
First off - if Charlie isn't a mini-rex...(based upon my past experiences) - then he is the energizer bunny in disguise. Man does he have energy....I open up his cage during the day and he bounces back and forth between my table and his cage....can I bottle his energy for myself?

Charlie reminds me of my Chippy.
The same energy..... and very similar markings.

I hope you get all your medical stuff straightened out.

Earlier today I was going through last year's blog .... wow - by this time last year I had about 3 times the number of pages this one has.

Either my life has become boring (which could be true) or I just haven't posted as much....

Anyway - a short update about Charlie and Popcorn before I go get some stuff done....

Its hard to believe we've had them a week already. I open Charlie's cage during the day (and sometimes during the night) and he jumps on the table beside him and plays and then jumps back and forth between his cage and the table.

So far Popcorn (who I keep wanting to call Snowflake after my first rabbit) has only been out of her cage once. She's learning to let me pet her (as long as I don't rub her ears she's happy - which is funny since so many of my rabbits like ear rubs). She no longer attacks me when I put food in her bowl and as long as I only put my hand into the cage a little bit - she's fine. I have to let her sniff me first.

Don't know how much I talked about this before - but most of the does are no longer in the living room/rabbitry area - due to the dogs. Last night Nyx stood up and begged me to pet her - so I brought her out here for about half an hour and gave her banana. CJ was playing in the rabbitry so Nyx stole her cage and didn't want to leave it to go back to the girls. I'm seriously considering getting her a cage and keeping her caged here in the living room when I'm not home but letting her free-roam when I am out here. I don't know....I hate to take her away from the other girls and she seems to like them - but she also likes being with me.

I may just bring her out to be with me a couple of hours per day and then put her back....and of course make sure she gets treats.

Anyway - I have stuff to get done so I'm gonna get off here for now. I'm about to make myself a form and take it to be photocopied when I get some stuff faxed in a bit. I may take a photo of it and share it here...

That's all for now...

I'm so excited about what I created today.

I struggle with homemaking - sometimes it is due to working outside the home - sometimes it is due to poor time management - sometimes just due to laziness.

I have been successful in the past for periods of time - but then we'd move - or something would change and things would go downhill.

One of the ways that helped me be successful was to have a daily to-do list that I could cross things off of (that motivates me) and toss at the end of the day.

So I created a new one for me....since I don't currently have a printer - I did it by hand and then photocopied some for .02 each a bit ago.

[align=center]
IMG_0099.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=left]Since I'm not sure just how well it shows up - I took photos of it several ways and will share those too.
[/align][align=left]The left side is mostly personal while the right side is homemaking...[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
IMG_0103.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
IMG_0104.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]and for closer looks[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
IMG_0100.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
IMG_0101.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
IMG_0102.jpg
[/align][align=left]I can explain any questions....I am going to start using this but NOT tell Art and see how long it takes him to notice...[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]I know how successful this was for me in the past - so I'm dancing a jig...[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]
[/align]

That's a neat to-do list!

I know what you mean about the up and down-ness of housekeeping habits. I'm guilty!!! How can it be that my home was SO much cleaner when my children were really little??

Frankly, I think a lot of it is due to the bout of mental and physical health challenges I had for awhile (for several years, really). Not only did I get out of good habits, I didn't even have the energy to tackle the bare minimums most of the time. Then...when you do feel a little better...you look at the mountain of tasks to be done and you get overwhelmed. :(

I think you are smart to go back to something that worked for you in the past. If parts of it don't work as well anymore, you can always tweak it. And you can add categories if you need to. I ALWAYS have to have a "Calls to Make" category, and I tend to split my lists up into Morning, Afternoon, and Evening also.

I like your "Encouragement" and "Personal Goals" too...if we don't put these things on our lists, they usually don't get done.

I am praying for you as you begin to rebuild these good habits! Particularly, I hope that Art notices not only the changes in the appearance of his home, but also the changes in his WIFE. Balance, peace, and composure are very attractive qualities!

Well - Art just came home and LOVED the changes in the bedroom.....he was so happy.

He couldn't help seeing my new to-do list though....well...I'll let you see what we did.

[align=center]
1499_212357_070000000.jpg

My nightstand

1499_212357_070000001.jpg

1499_212357_070000002.jpg

And Zeus' reactions...

1499_212357_070000004.jpg

1499_212357_320000000.jpg

(I can't believe I misspelled that~~)

[align=left]Yes, that IS Popcorn and Charlie in our bedroom. Zeus is just gonna have to get used to sharing "his" room.

And my to-do list is hanging up over my nightstand so every day I can grab a new sheet after I have my quiet time.

I'm SOOOO Psyched and Art is so happy too....

[/align][/align]

BTW - if anyone is reading this tonight shortly after I've posted it....prayers would be appreciated...

I forgot to take my blood pressure meds today and I started feeling really bad around 9 or so.....found my blood pressure machine which I was going to put on the empty spot on my nightstand....turns out my bp is 165/93.

I'm about to head to bed - I've already taken aspirin....

But my head hurts really bad - especially behind my eyes.

I can hardly wait to sleep...

Latest posts

Back