2 litter boxes for 2 bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cinibunny

Reaction score
Ok i was wondering what i should do for my two baby buns. We bought a huge corner box because we thought we where only getting 1 bun but it ended up in 2. Anyway can both of them share the litter box the rest of their life or should i get two boxes for them to use sepratly?

Thanks!:carrot

Thanks for the reply! I have been putting both their poops in the litter and actually they are very well pottied trained already i only had 2 accidents outside the litter box from box of them! Very smart buns. I just thought it might be better to have 2 boxes when they where older but wasnt sure if they could share the 1 when they are older buns.

Thanks again for the reply!

As long as they don't outgrow the litterbox, they'll share it just fine. My two buns shared a litterbox until they grew too big to both comfortably fit in there - then if one was hanging out in the litterbox, the other would have to pee outside it. So I upgraded to a bigger cat-sized box and never had any more accidents.

Sounds good!!! i got the biggest corner box they had in the store for buns so if they do outgrow it ill get a bigger one later its good to know they can share it their whole life if its big enough thanks!

You can use a single litter box, if both buns decide to use the same corner. It also depends if you are free roam or cage. My buns are free roam and I have 6 litters boxes around the apartment. My litter boxes also carry the hay they eat, so they can munch and use the restroom at the same time. I have found that you can't pick where they are going to pee, but you can put a litter where they have decided to use the restroom. Every corner that they decided was going to be a pee spot, I threw a litter box right in the spot and they ended up using the litter box on their own. A lot of trail and error, but this is what works in my household.

Latest posts

Back