•·.·´¯`·.·•The Tater Tots Family•·.·´¯`·.·•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's looking okay. I must admit I am not sure if he was unwell or not. He seemed to make the same type of tooth grinding when i was petting him so I am not sure he was grinding them in pain as he seemed quite content. I gave him a small dose of simethicone anyway in case since he had a nice round belly but I'm not sure that's a problem either.

I on the other hand, have just woken up. I remember nothing about the past few hours. All I know is Jeff is home. Lol.

Trist, sleeping is my favorite thing too. That's why every year, my mother gets me a PJ :biggrin2:

Grace, can I come? Hehehe. I'm sure it will be fun.

Brandy, I'll be getting photos of Rolo real soon. As soon as I can breathe enough for it :)

I slept through most of yesterday evening. Woke here and there but was too groggy to remember any of it really. Then, late in the evening, I woke up angry. I knew the buns hadn't been taken care of yet so I got dressed and went out. I got really really upset with their dirty hutch so I cleaned it all out myself. I got pretty upset with Jeff to be honest. I told him I didn't want his help. If he had wanted to help he could have taken care of this before. In the end, I know they are my rabbits and Jeff just doesn't think of certain things. I shouldn't be relying on him in the first place. We ended up talking and he said he'd take over the cleaning and I said I could do the feeding as long as the litterboxes are clean. He also offered to deal with the hay. I will try this final attempt. If the cages get that filthy again,I am rehoming them. There is just no excuse for them to be living in less than desireable conditions. Please understand that while I say this, it really wasn't that terrible. It's terrible for a proper rabbit lover's standards. None of the bunnies are in bad shape. No one has urine scald etc. Just a lot of poop piled too high in one corner. It's just that i want better for them. I think you can understand that.

Anyway, I had a nasty asthma attack. I am medicated as much as I could without inhalotherapy right now. I feel like crap but I'm bored so I'm on the laptop. As much as I feel like crap, I still feel giddy. I don't know how that works. Lol :pI feel badly for getting mad at Jeff too. I do appreciate what he does. It's just... You know, men. They don't think sometimes. They can't see anything needing done even though it's rightin front of them at times. I get tired of having to push someone. I feel like a terrible nag :(I hate being the meannie all the time. Lol.

So in bed I am today. I still can't control the asthma. Get wheezy as soon as meds wear off so it's something to keep an eye on. Hopefully, if Jeff manages to just clean the litterboxes every few days, I won't get like this anymore. I think we just had it all wrong. He was more focussed on food and water. I can't help with that if the cages smell. So if he cleans the litterboxes, I can do the rest quite easily. So hopefully this will work out now.

On the other hand, it'll be just Rolo in no time. Maybelle is free range. She's been outside in the garden for weeks. She just naps and sleeps in the shed. Other than that, every morning, I open the door and she runs out, goes into a binky frenzy and just does what she likes best. She does pee and poop in the shed. Lol. We're going to get her a cat litter box. So really it will just be Rolo to deal with. That will help a lot. Maybe it will help enough that I will be able to do some cleaning as well. THat would be nice.

Trying hard to make everything work out for the bunners as well as for Jeff. :)

:hugsquish: It must have been the day for it. Last night we had a fight over the bunnies and their care too grrrrrrrrr.

You know I was thinking about your allergies as I read this and although I don't have any except for timothy hay which only makes me sneeze and get itchy eyes..I did end up in the hospital with a lung infection a few months ago and I had to take hours and hours of inhalers and have an oxygen mask..

I thought how awful it is that you have to go through such severe symptoms. When I was in the hospital my oxygen level was at 70 something and I felt like I was drowning. I could not get enough air.

So, although I don't have this problem, I can relate because of that one time.

Men can be so dense. It seems nagging comes with the territory because their brains are wired so differently than ours.

My first husband knocked over a plant once and instead of cleaning it up, he kept walking over or around it. He wasn't a lazy guy just in another world ;) It was the same with our cat box or letting the dog out first thing in the morning BEFORE he had his tea.. grrr. then he would wonder why she would pee on the floor.

I hope you can rest and have a peaceful day. xo

Awww Trist, I'm sorry you guys got into a fight. I read on your blog. Bah! The weird thing is Jeff never complains. Not a peep. Nothing.About anything.Lol. It's a bit odd. That's why I always feel so bad I guess. :expressionlessBut yeah, about the plant thing... Totally get what you are saying. Nothing irks me more. :X

I am sooooooooo disturbed right now. I would sooooo love to chat about it but I don't think it's proper on the forum. LOL. I'm just soooo confused. Hehehehe. Oh my word, ignorance is bliss sometimes!

I'm still deaded but relaxing and just having my mind bombarded with some strange facts... Lol!

Eep!

There were lots of fireworks going off this morning so I hurried to the shed to grab the bunnies. I think I got to them just in time being Giggles was absolutely terrified. My poor girl :(I was worried she would have a heart attack on me. Anyway, I grabbed the nestbox and rushed them in, leaving them in the bathroom while Jeff and I cleaned the kennels we had left outside so we can put them in.

Maybelle? Not impressed by the fireworks... Lol. She rushed right past me and ran into the garden and started binkying and running around as usual. It didn't matter that they were going off nearby. Nope, she couldn't care less. Giggles and Smores were cowering on the other hand. Maybe she's deaf... Lol. Anyway, we just let her run around until she went in for her afternoon nap. We'll bring her in this evening though.

Now, picture this... Jeff and I are outside washing the kennels with the hose right? We had separated the halves for a thorough cleaning. Of course, water accumulated in the kennel. Now, you would think normal rabbits would not go for a swim in the middle of winter. Maybelle, being anything but a normal rabbit, hopped right INTO it. Not only did she hop into it but when I proceeded to asking her what in the world she was doing in the water, she started splashing in it - splashing all over Jeff. Once she was satisfied that she had splashed him enough, she hopped on out of the water, hopped over to me, and then proceeded to flicking her feet and shaking herself so that I would be splashed as well. As if there was any doubt about her doing this intentionally, she hopped off, flicked her head and then did a few binkies in celebration.

:grumpy:

She's been quite the brat. She's been twirling around my feet and honking which is rather cute but she's also been quite aggressive. I went to bring her a carrot and some carrot tops and she attacked them. Once she got a sniff of it, she yanked the carrot tops from me. I tried to give her the carrot by laying it beside the carrot tops but she growled and attacked, boxing and biting :expressionlessShe bit the carrot and wouldn't let go. I'm glad she got the carrot and not my finger. I am thinking we should get her spayed soon. I think it'd be safer for all involved :p

Anyway, I have Momma and Rolo inside with us for now. I can't wait to see Smores tonight. I got some allergy pills to bring with me if needed :biggrin2:I'm going to bring him a nice carrot. Hehehe. :)

Should have pictures soon!

Yay pics! I love picss.. I am taking some today too if I EVER get this place of mine as clean I need it for pictures LOL
toys toys everywhere arggh.

Bunnybrats, I love bunnybrats :)

[align=center]HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!!![/align]
[align=center]WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST AND NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR THIS YEAR! LOTS OF LOVE, HEALTH, HAPPINESS, AND MONEY! [/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]:magicwand:[/align]
[align=center][/align]

For anyone who might be interested, I have posted videos of last night's fireworks in the Netherlands :biggrin2:

You can find them here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOW2gMSjJqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOW2gMSjJqM[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6i0j2nIADo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6i0j2nIADo[/ame]

Happy New Year!
Wish we had fire works, they are illegal here. I am going to watch your videos when I get on my computer. :)

Happy New Year, Grace! Fireworks are illegal in Canada as well but here in the Netherlands they are allowed from January 31st to Jan 1, 2:00am. It's lovely watching them :)

[align=center]Whoooooooooo wants piiiiictures????

First up, the bunnies (Sorry Maybelle isn't included as she was running around the garden and was much to dirty to bring in )...

Giggles:

DSC02706.jpg

DSC02705.jpg

DSC02713.jpg

DSC02714.jpg

DSC02719.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

Rolo:

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02709.jpg

DSC02710.jpg

DSC02717.jpg