•·.·´¯`·.·•The Tater Tots Family•·.·´¯`·.·•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool pics, those skittles looks yummy, I love sour skittles.

Please keep Smores in your thoughts...

Smores isn't doing well. He had a small bout of gas yesterday and he seemed to have recovered perfectly but today he hasn't urinated. He's pooped a bit though. Trying to find an emergency vet we can get to if necessary but the road conditions are really bad with the snow... I've syringed him some electrolyte solution and gave him some more simethicone. He's alert though calm and refuses his hay. He just wants to be cradled right now. I'm not 100% why this came on all of a sudden.... I'm thinking the temperature change from outside to inside may be one but I'm also wondering if not seeing Giggles is affecting him as well. The one and only time he's ever had an issue that I remember about is when Ashlynn passed.

Anyway, for now i have him by my side and giving him lots of loving. He's supposed to be going to his aunty's house tonight but I am not sure what will happen now. Maybe he's faking it so I won't let him leave...

I'm finding it hard to let go...I really hope he will be alright.

:tears2:

Oh Nela, I'll keep Smores in my mind and pray for him. :pray: Yes, lots of love from you is what he needs now.
How's he doing today ? Any better ? Any update ?
Gosh, I'm worried about you guys :(

Have an appointment at 2. Going to keep him on fluids til then. He is alert and moving about, not showing any obvious signs of pain. If anything changes we will rush him in. They are closeby...

Poor little guy. *hugs to both*

Thanks Ali :rose:We are leaving soon. He has pee'd just now though so at least he's emptying out a bit. Hopefully, this vet won't be too bad. I'm really concerned about taking him to an unknown vet :nerves1

wishingyouwell.jpg

Love the pics in ur blog! just gorgeous and ur buns are perfect..Smores is my fav i hope he gets better soon..hes such a sweet boy..

if I remember correctly, the netherlands is 5 hours ahead of me so you'll probably be at the vet's soon.. I'll be thinking about both of you *hugs* :pray:

We've been back from the vet's for a bit but just finally able to get on to update as we had to go get food and meds for me. Bleh.

It cost us a whopping 33.50 euros. (sarcasm) That's including the meds too! Woohoo! I expected it to be much more!

The vet visit went really well actually. The vet was super gentle and sweet but best of all, she seemed to know what she was doing. Unfortunately, we don't have any answers as to what the cause is. She palpated him, checked his ears, eyes, nose, temperature, etc. She didn't feel anything at all when she palpated him. Which was both good and bad. She had expected to feel at least a few poops but then again, maybe he had just gone since he had sprayed.

She did agree that things seemed to be a off. There has to be a reason why he isn't eating and drinking as much. Peeing so little is not normal either. All of us bunny owners know how much rabbits pee and poop right? Lol. So anyway, she decided to play it safe and gave us a painkiller/anti-inflammatory drug in the same family as metacam to treat him with for 5 days. She said it shouldn't affect him in any negative way and not giving it to him might be more harmful than actually giving him some. I asked. Lol. I don't like medicating without knowing the cause but in this situation, I understand the reasoning.

She was concerned about possible sludge and stones but felt nothing so for now we are going to treat him with the med and monitor him very closely. (Yay for me :expressionlessI am sooooooo medicated right now to look after him lol) If there is no change, or if he gets worse, we'll take him back in and she will do an ultrasound to see if she can spot anything. Meanwhile, she also gave us what we need to take a urine sample so we can get that analyzed as well if need be.

Aside from me saying that he hasn't pee'd and that he isn't acting quite like himself, she wouldn't have known something was wrong. She commented that he looked really good. Smores spent the visit charming her... She still gave him the med. LOL. Fail :pIf there is one thing I have learned through all this, it is that as much as Smores is a very easy-going andalways happy bunny, he makes a terrible patient. He hates being forcefed and getting meds. Ah well, tough.

He's defintiely not going anywhere until he is all better. We prefer to limit his stress and I would rather look after him until then as well. Sandra has been very understanding so I am quite relieved. Of course, I can understand that the kids might be wanting to have him home so I also feel a bit bad about the timing but these are not things I can control. I keep telling Jeff that Smores is faking so he can stay with us. :p

It makes sense... Last night, we had him on Jeff while we were playing on the playstation and the little bugger would start digging at the towel and wanting to jump off Jeff but as soon as I would move to put him back, he would settle down and close his eyes as if he had never budged in the first place.

Then we go to take him to the vet's and he sprays the whole bathroom wall...

He's a brat.

My brat.

:hearts

Pictures of the lil bugger because we love him so... :biggrin2:

[align=center]Peeking out of his carrier after being forcefed:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02605.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02607.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Being cradled by daddy:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02608.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02609.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Watching us sucking at pinball:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02612.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02613.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02614.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC02615.jpg
[/align]

I think he likes the attention.

Hehehe oh he is impossible not to love. He's both our favorite. It will be very hard for us to let him go but we feel he will be much happier with all the love and attention he will get. That's the only reason. I wasn't even considering rehoming him at all. On the other hand, I am getting worse each day so I think it confirms the decision at this point. The only bad thing, is with him being unwell and me cradling him and trying to nurse him back to health, I feel I am getting more attached... :(

Bad news though...

He's not looking better this morning. Luckily, he doesn't look worse either. Still alert, still moving about... This is so confusing :(I'm hoping he can spray again so I can collect a sample. I was thinking maybe I could bring Maybelle in and put her in the carrier... Surely, they would resume their spraying contest no? :p*Sigh* I hate unknowns... :grumpy:

I am horrified and thrilled to say that Smores has sprayed. I believe he is attempting a guiness record of dirtiest bathroom caused by rabbit. :shock:It's EVERYWHERE! On the walls, on the tub, on the toilet bowl... :expressionlessOnly thing is, it's pretty dried up so I don't think it'll collect right. No pee puddle though... I think he's not peeing enough but at least something is coming out. I'll have to check him more frequently to get the sample... :lookaround

Btw... Did I mention he HATES being forcefed and medicated??? Holy moly! :shock:He's a nutter. It's hard now because I am alone to medicate him. Lol. I think the vet didn't give me enough meds though. I triple checked and he's supposed to be getting 1ml twice a day but it seems I only have enough for half of that. :expressionlessBleh...

Whoosh you scared me! I ran up those stairs I tell you... But no, thankfully it's 1ml.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand:

[align=center]
DSC02619.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC02620.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC02621.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC02622.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC02623.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]:yahoo::clapping::pinkbouce::clapping::party0002::bunnydance:[/align]

Latest posts

Back