The Nethie Boys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we clipped Billy and Ronnie's nails. I took the opportunity to snap some photos of both because I think they look cutest when they are upside down. As always, the bunnies were NOT amused. ;)

I'm no good at captioning pictures, so feel free to make your own captions! Here's some shots of Billy:

DSC06808.jpg

DSC06809.jpg

DSC06812.jpg

DSC06820.jpg

DSC06822.jpg

DSC06823.jpg

DSC06825.jpg

Ronnie began his disapprovals even before the nail clipping...he knew what was coming.

DSC06837.jpg

It didn't stop our plans:

DSC06850.jpg

DSC06853.jpg

DSC06854.jpg

DSC06860.jpg

After we were done, Ronnie was still a little upset:

DSC06866.jpg

DSC06877.jpg

LUCKY! I want one!

tonyshuman wrote:
well i'm out of the running for bunny-napping these two now. my bf got a sweet little blue otter nethie this weekend, so i have my own cutie snuggle bug!:biggrin2:

Let me think now, what exactly could I do to get even? maybe I shall pee on their pillows! or chew up their favorite shoes..... or maybe bite them at my first chance! They should be afraid......
DSC06820.jpg

Juliew19673 my bags are packed and I'll be waiting in my area for you to come get me, however we will still need to give 15% of my residuals of film/photo income to Little Bay Poo, but my disapproving looks will more than make up for the cost of saving me from this Hell"....

"Ronnie juliew19673 here,am booking plane tickets for us both as we speak"..:run:

Also, Happy Gotcha Day Ronnie! - your so lucky to be SO loved and glad that you were "got" by the slaves that have you.. :)

I must say your guys are the cutest! Your video's are wonderful! I had to watch all of them. The nethies are just adorable. I've got to keep my eye out for one at the rabbit rescue.

EEEeeeee!! ronnie and billy on their backs!!! too cute for words!!! i dont get it, billy is so hyper (right?) and you still manage to get him to lie quietly on his back? i haven't managed to do that with my bunnies, they kick and flip themselves over whenever i try, and i get the silent treatment from them after that lol!

to cut their nails, we need 2 people: my husband carries the bunny, while i cut the nails :p

somebunny wrote:
EEEeeeee!! ronnie and billy on their backs!!! too cute for words!!! i dont get it, billy is so hyper (right?) and you still manage to get him to lie quietly on his back? i haven't managed to do that with my bunnies, they kick and flip themselves over whenever i try, and i get the silent treatment from them after that lol!

to cut their nails, we need 2 people: my husband carries the bunny, while i cut the nails :p
Ditto for me and my hubby regarding the nail cutting. :(

Ronnie and Billy are cute in the upright position; they're downright adorable when reclined. :biggrin2:

somebunny wrote:

Hahaha! What you see with the still pictures is Billy "seemingly" calm and composed. But what is really going on is the kicking, flipping himself over, and general spazzing out that comes with nail clipping. He's gotten a little better with it over time so there are longer periods of calmness where I can actually work with cutting a few nails, but inevitably he will freak out at least 3 times during a session. It's definitely a two person job. :)

The funny thing is Ronnie looks completely terrified in his pictures, but he is actually much better to work with than Billy...although maybe it's because he's scared stiff! Billy is more of an ANGRY bunny. He's very vocal. When we were finished clipping his nails he went into his cage, promptly stomped at us to let us know he was pissed, and then sat himself down in the back of the cage to fix his ruffled fur.

oh yes! Yohji does that too! as though by holding him, we humans have defiled him in some horrible manner! he spends forever grooming himself after we put him down! :X

I want to know who did that!!!!!

juliew19673 wrote:
In case you didn't see it yet (even though it did state that they had your permission) Billy has a portrait on LOLbunnies..

http://lolbunnies.deviantart.com/art/Billy-Bunny-87045869

To cute - Billy the bunny Rockstar!
Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool to have someone offer to do a portrait of Billy! I even ordered a couple of mugs with the print on it because I thought it would be a nice little keepsake. They should be coming in the mail in a few days :) When they come in I'll have to get a picture of Billy sitting next to the Billy mug ;)

As a side note (and I'm probably only writing this because I'm a little frustrated today) my lovely mother expressed her feelings at my stupidity at letting someone make a portrait of Billy and putting prints up for sale. I was only trying to make small talk with her (as I'm constantly failing at engaging her in normal conversation without me coming out emotionally wounded). I thought the Billy portrait was a nice neutral, trivial topic to bring up. WRONG.

She told me not only should I be getting merchandise for free, but I should also have made the person who did the portrait PAY ME for the right to use Billy's likeness! I don't care about money...I only ever wanted people to enjoy watching my bunnies like I enjoy them, and I certainly never wanted to charge anyone for it! And no, she is not a business woman...this is just one example among hundreds where she felt the need to turn things around to make me feel stupid. I cannot remember a single time when she has been supportive of anything I've ever said or done. I'm sure there were times, but they are so outweighed by negativity that I can't recall them. :pullhair:

Ok, rant off.

some Mothers can definetly be your worst critic; I bet she was treated the same by her Mother (usuall is a pattern as afew of my friends have your same problem)..

As for Billy, yes I wouldfeel it to be quite the compliment that someone wanted to do his portrait - he is that well known on youTube. Can't wait to see the photo of Billy next to the Billy Mug.. Kinda feel bad for Ronnie being left out - so perhaps I'll work on a Ronnie portrait - I can do stick figures pretty darn well!

Most people pay to have that done. An pay they do. Alot actually.

Latest posts

Back