The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having a dishwasher is probably really the only thing I miss from home. While cooking gets frustrating sometimes when you just don't have the energy, dishes are something that I can't stand. Becuase even if you wash them all and have the sink perfectly clean, I know that within a couple of hours, there'll be at least one dirty dish and especially later that night after dinner. It makes it feel like it's not worth it and it just frustrates me. I always use super hot water in my washing and rinsing water though, and despite hating doing the washing up, I prefer to do it rather than someone else so that I at least know they're cleaned properly.

I'm so glad that you got to have a cuddle with Felix :) It's so great that he just let you pick him up, even if you got feet flicked afterwards.

I understand the issues about the rent, I'm thinking I may have to increase my price range a little in order to find a place I'm comfortable with. Right now I pay $275 a week which is pretty cheap in our area for the condition of the place. I'd like to keep it under $300 if possible, but have been sort of looking up to $320 just to see what the extra will get me. I can afford it, but I probably wouldn't be saving much money anymore. Fortunately, I really don't spend much money on things, essentials and food. I buy more things for Bandit than I do for myself, lol. And I'm sure that if I cut back on chocolate and iced coffee a bit I could manage, haha.

Perth is so expensive when it comes to renting. :( Most of the more affordable places we could theoretically live in are studio apartments or units, which might be a bit too small for the two of us, the bunnies, and Bigby.

I can't wait until we move to Melbourne! It's so much more affordable, especially considering how close we'd be to the city. We're looking to rent a place that's on the outskirts of the CBD, and hopefully still near the tram line, and a lot of the properties are comparable to our area now which is a good 40kms from the CBD.

Wow, really? For some reason I would have thought Melbourne would be much more expensive. What's Perth like anyway? I've always been interested in it, though I've never actually been there for some reason I always pictured it a little like Adelaide.

It's a very long place - the 'Perth' area encompasses around 40kms north and probably around the same distance from the CBD, so you can be within the Perth area but still be quite far from the city. There are some good areas and some bad areas, but generally it's not too bad. A bit quieter than the other cities, probably because it's so far from them. I used to live in Brisbane and it's pretty comparable, honestly. I've never been to Adelaide so I can't compare it to them, but Melbourne and Sydney are way busier and bustling (which is something I like in a city!), so I'm excited to relocate over there.

Apparently Perth and Sydney are the most expensive renting areas in Australia. :(

It's does sound a little like Adelaide, it's very long too because we've got the hills on the eastern side so the city is kinda stretched top to bottom to compensate. I'm not a busy city (or simply a city) kind of person, so Adelaide suits me pretty well in that regard.

I knew Sydney was super expensive for living/renting, but Perth being so also does surprise me.

Made a mini little cardboard playhouse for the bunnies, but they keep eating it. :( I'm worried about leaving it in there too long in case they ingest too much cardboard, especially Clem.

Ingesting cardboard is definitely something to worry about, as too much can lead to a blockage. Are you sure they aren't just shredding them and maybe ingesting a tiny bit? Do you have any apple or willow sticks you can give them? If they are craving fiber, this can help. Or if they just need a distraction, the branches can help provide one.

Apple and willow sticks aren't something I've seen around here, but I'll definitely take a look for some. They do shred the cardboard, but I often see them chewing while they do it, so I think they are eating it.

I found some apple sticks online! I just have to have a read to see if I'll be stuck with any import fees for Western Australia, since I know there's a fee to import hay and several other items.

I also ordered some more NIC grids - I'm going to add another floor to the buns' condo for Bigby. :) It'll be completely separate but it will be a lot bigger and nicer than the small hutch he's in right now. I'm also going to pick up some wood and dowels soon, and re-do the bunny part of the condo. Probably add an extra floor in for them somewhere, replace the cardboard with wood so it's more stable, and make some proper fitted fleece covers for the floors. It's about time I dragged out my sewing machine again; it'll be nice to have a project.

Angelic Felix!

tumblr_n93qtt24r61qadoszo1_500.jpg

:)

Awww. I love that picture of Felix. He is SUCH a cutie pie. Boy do I miss Stache. Please give Felix (and Clemmie too) a pat from me.

The bunnies are being a PAIN IN THE BUTT tonight. :banghead

They won't stop jumping onto the top of the couch, which would be fine, but they've chewed a hole in it and keep trying to jump up and eat the threads out of it. Felix also managed to find an old bit of salad (ugh why isn't my house pristine :() and ate it and now I'm freaking out that he'll get sick. LI'L BUNNIES. WHY.

If bunnies were humans, they would be in trouble; they are bunnies, after all!!!!

I embrace the goofiness bunnies provide, myself...

Those photos of Bigby... so cute!!! :D

They do sound like they're being little pains, but thank goodness they're also so good at being cute :p

Bigby's playing in the bunnies' area tonight! :)

They're not exactly playing together, but no one's attacking anyone or anything, which is great. Felix and Bigby sniffed each other a bit, but otherwise they're mostly ignoring each other. He really seems to be enjoying having more room to play!

The bunnies are being a PAIN IN THE BUTT tonight. :banghead

They won't stop jumping onto the top of the couch, which would be fine, but they've chewed a hole in it and keep trying to jump up and eat the threads out of it. Felix also managed to find an old bit of salad (ugh why isn't my house pristine :() and ate it and now I'm freaking out that he'll get sick. LI'L BUNNIES. WHY.

Brooke was outside yesterday for half an hour and ate rotten apples which made her sick. I had to take her to the vet and get meds for her stomach! I'm there with you!! I think she's better today but yesterday was heck on her! Her stomach was bothering her and she could not get comfortable..I hope Felix is ok and everything works out!

Vanessa

Oh no, Brooke! :( I'm glad she's doing better today. Thankfully Felix seems to have been unaffected, behaving normally and eating as normal.

Latest posts

Back