The Life & Times of Felix 'n' Clementine!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we introduced little Bigby to our house! He's a texel guinea pig, mostly brown with a couple of white patches. :)

I had to google texel guinea pig, and oh my, what fur!

I'm fairy sure that photos are now in order :D

His fur is lovely! His previous owner kept it shorter, but I think we'll grow it out a bit. :) A woman was giving hers up except for 2, because their family had too many piggies.

tumblr_n8p3t5zGEB1qadoszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n8p4cmuOhU1qadoszo1_500.jpg

On an unrelated note, my housemate has gastro. This is particularly worrisome for me - I have OCD which is mostly spurred by emetophobia (fear of vomiting) so I'm terrified of catching it myself, or having my boyfriend catch it. :(

He's like a little fuzzy teddy bear :D

Gastro sucks! I hope you can manage to avoid it, unfortunately it seems to be one of those things that is highly contagious. Best of luck!! It's been two years since I had it, and I don't intend to have it again any time soon :p Can I ask what sort of OCD it triggers, is it just excessive hand washing that sort of thing?

He's so fuzzy! He loves burrowing - I was holding him earlier and he snuck his way down my jacket sleeve. :D

I hope he picked it up from food or something, apparently that means the strain is less contagious. My OCD is mostly excessive cleaning of things, particularly being worried about food/food poisoning/mishandling etc. I saw a therapist for part of last year and I've improved a bit - I couldn't imagine having two rabbits and a guinea pig a couple of years ago. I'm still really scared of physically being sick though. Hopefully my housemate recovers quickly and we won't get it. :pray:

That's pretty cute that he did that :)

I've never heard about that with picking it up from food before in regards to it being less contagious, I hope for your sake that it's the case.:pray: I wouldn't wish gastro on my worst enemy. Maybe if I had OCD for cleaning my apartment might be a little tidier on a regular basis, lol. An OCD in that regard does have a plus side. :p

Bigby is SO adorable!! I just want to wiggle my nose in his little teddy bear face. :p

Oh no, your poor housemate. Sending all the immunity vibes to you! I'm a real wuss about illnesses myself, but my immune system is just terrible so I'm always catching stuff.

That's pretty cute that he did that :)

I've never heard about that with picking it up from food before in regards to it being less contagious, I hope for your sake that it's the case.:pray: I wouldn't wish gastro on my worst enemy. Maybe if I had OCD for cleaning my apartment might be a little tidier on a regular basis, lol. An OCD in that regard does have a plus side. :p
Haha I wish mine at least meant that I'd keep a clean house - my house isn't all that clean at all. Anything I eat off, or anything that touches my food is super clean, and before I use the kitchen I'll clean it well, but in terms of the floor etc I'll do them once a week like normal. :p

Bigby is SO adorable!! I just want to wiggle my nose in his little teddy bear face. :p

Oh no, your poor housemate. Sending all the immunity vibes to you! I'm a real wuss about illnesses myself, but my immune system is just terrible so I'm always catching stuff.
Aw that sucks! My immune system is probably balls since I'm so overly cautious about hand washing, but I don't actually get sick that often, surprisingly. My boyfriend gets colds more often than I do.

He's so fluffy. :) We just had a little cuddle on the couch and he loved burrowing under my tank top sleeve, and sitting there on top of my shoulder with his head poking out. Little weirdo! Felix and Clem jumped up to see what the fuss was about; Clem got bored and jumped down, Felix had a bit of a sniff and then chinned my hand to show that he was still the boss.

5r9HSdE.jpg

"Go away mama, this is my box!"

VCSnoBu.jpg

*ferocious yawning to protect box*

ZFP9mox.jpg

"See? I am in charge here!"

EzDWBUr.jpg

"Is that clear?"

Og0ELBc.jpg

Meanwhile, little Clementine snoozes in her favourite part of the cage.

Jj40Ggc.jpg

*sassy princess face*

IciP7Hn.jpg

Bigby for good measure!​

I'm trying to decide if that's Felix's in charge pose, or "plans for escape" pose :p He knows he probably has a litter tray right? lol

They are all so gorgeous. :)

Have you managed to avoid gastro?

I'm trying to decide if that's Felix's in charge pose, or "plans for escape" pose :p He knows he probably has a litter tray right? lol
:p

He has tried to escape previously, jumping on things to jump over the gate, but he's jumped onto the box and pillow a few times in the last few days and he tends to sit there for a bit, and then jump down. I think he likes to be tall.

Felix is just so cheeky and cute! And then little Clemmie just sleeping. They're both just precious. :D

They are Sooo cute! I love the pic of Clemmie! and of course Felix also!!!!! I'm glad to see they are doing ok with the new addition.

I've been keeping Marilyn apart from all the rabbits because of her stitches but she is adorable also and will actually let me hold her sometimes!

Good luck with the new crew!

Vanessa

Hehe, Felix and Silver both have that classic cheeky nethie nature! Clementine is a lazy lump sometimes. She's the queen of DBFs!

The buns haven't formally met Bigby yet. I think I'll wait until he's a bit bigger. :)

Felix reminds me of Trix.

Clemmie is awesome!!!!

Love your little Guinea pig, as well.

OCD's getting on my nerves tonight - I'm glad I have my fuzzbutts to keep me company.

Our dishwasher is broken, and won't be repaired until the repair company order in a spare part, which could take 5-12 business days. In the meantime we're doing dishes by hand, which is something that sparks problems with my OCD. :( I like the dishwasher because of the high heat and length of the washes, whereas washing my hand doesn't feel nearly as sufficient to me. My boyfriend did some dishes earlier (amazing boy!) and piled them up in the dish rack, but I haven't specifically cleaned the dish rack in a while so now I'm concerned about all the cutlery that was touching it.

Therapy helped me a fair bit last year, but things like this really still get to me. Not to the same extent they used to, thankfully, but more of a constant niggling in the back of my mind. I'm avoiding using any dishes, cutlery, etc. until the dishwasher is fixed, so I'm eating takeout a lot and I'll probably buy plastic cutlery - same stuff I did last time it broke. I just can't stand the idea of my boyfriend getting sick because I didn't clean the dish rack properly, because we never really use it for cutlery/plates/etc.

I also spoke with him tonight about the two of us moving out after our current lease is up. Living with my current housemates exacerbates my OCD; they're not the cleanest people, I could go on and on and tell some gross stories but I'll spare you all the details. I also clash with one of them a bit in terms of personality and I really don't enjoy living with them, at the end of the day. :( Nothing against them as people, I just don't think we're compatible housemates. We've all lived together for about 3 and a half years now, so no one can say I didn't give it a go. The problem is that moving out is going to be way more expensive, and we're saving to move to Melbourne in a couple of years. I just don't know if I can put up with it for that much longer. We're paying $430/wk rent as a group right now (so $107.50/wk each) and the minimum houses we'd be looking at as a couple are in the $350 range, bringing it up to $175/wk. It's a lot more money, plus the effort of finding a place that will take the bunnies and Bigby, too.

I'm just a bit frazzled tonight. :( Time to hang out with my fuzzies, eat some roast veg, and watch Law & Order I think.

O____O

Felix was standing on top of the NIC condo, chewing on some wooden toys and eating them, so I went over to move the toys away. I gave him a scruffy little pet and he didn't move, so I took the chance to pick him up... the little guy didn't even fight! We had a good snuggle for a minute, before I set him down on the couch. He flicked his legs at me and jumped away so I know he didn't love it, but what a lovely moment. :)

In other news, I'm thinking of adding a 3rd storey to the condo for Bigby (and a potential piggie mate)! I did just buy a new hutch but it's not going to be big enough for him as an adult, much less TWO piggies, so I'll probably try to sell it if the condo idea works.

Latest posts

Back