Pam Nock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He's got a bunch of different colored balloons!

Each year, one of my kisses gets to him. :)

No sadness, Dear Heart. He'll give them back to me. In the meantime,he's got something to hold onto, and that's the only way I can get amessage to him in Heaven.
:)

They're only a thought away, if not closer.

-Carolyn

ThanksBunnyMommy.

It's hard to let theballoon go, but it's exciting when yousee it get so high.One of myfavoritepoems seems tofollow the idea.

I am standing on the seashore. A ship spreads her sails to the morningbreeze and starts for the ocean. I stand watching until she fades onthe horizon, and someone at my side says, "She is gone!"

Gone where? The loss of sight is in me, not in her. Just at the momentwhen someone says "She is gone," there are others who are watching hercoming. Other voices take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that[/i] isdying.

-Anonymous

Carolyn wrote:

I am standing on the seashore. A ship spreads her sails to the morningbreeze and starts for the ocean. I stand watching until she fades onthe horizon, and someone at my side says, "She is gone!"

Gone where? The loss of sight is in me, not in her. Just at the momentwhen someone says "She is gone," there are others who are watching hercoming. Other voices take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that[/i] isdying.

-Anonymous

That's so beautiful Carolyn,

Thank you for sharing it . . .

Pam

Oh ... my ...goodness ... what a BEAUTIFUL andthought-provoking poem. I'm feeling a little full afterreading it.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

If you don't mind, I'm going to add it to my poetry collection.

I'm glad you both liked it. I've writtenit in a lot of sympathy cards and always get a special comment about itafter people read it.

Of course, BunnyMommy, Tucker and I would be honored that you saved it.

-Carolyn

Pam?

Sherman (BunnyMommy's baby) has developed the sniffles again after being fine after taking the medication for 10 days.

Can he live a long life if he remains on the medicine indefinitely?

-Carolyn

Some medications can be used long term.I prefer to see at least a short interval of breaks from the medicationevery so often.

I can't recall if Sherman hadblood tests or if a pathogen wasidentified. That helps to determine which medication would bemost effective.

However, there are times when noknown pathogen can be identified.

Pam

Thanks Pam, I'll copy this and put it in the postthat BunnyMommy was following up the issue on. "It was calledLessons I've learned in taking care of a sick bunny." or somethingalong those lines.

-Carolyn

Hi, ladies. Carolyn, thanks for looking into this for me, and Pam, thanks for providing an answer.

No, Sherman didn't have any blood tests the last time. He wasonly diagnosed symptomatically. That's why I'm anxious to gethim to the physician that I've set an appointment with thisweekend. He's very thorough and I'm certain will be running abattery of tests.

The antibiotic that was prescribed for Sherman this last time was a10-day course of Baytril. It cleared him right up, but now,as I've said, the symptoms have returned.

Although VetRx isn't a cure, it can help to relieve the symptoms. (Vicks is just as effective).

Pam N.

Oh, Pam, thanks for this tip! I'll look into this!

Can VetRx be purchased locally?

Are you speaking of regular people Vick's?

VetRx can be purchased through most rabbit equipment suppliers.Yes, I was referring to Vicks for people :)

Pam

MorninPam,

This morning, I found out that Buck Jones' daughter can't take backCalbert. He's a very sweet rabbit and I'm seriouslyconsidering taking him in.

My biggest concern is effecting Tucker's lifestyle. Calbertis a very mellow, loving, and sweet little guy. When Buck washere with him last month, Tucker and Calbert didn't seem to care onebit about each other. They'd go nose-to-nose smelling eachother through the cage. No boxing. For two males,Buck, the Mrs., and I were quite surprised.

What is the likelihood that two males can live together in onehousehold happily? I know it's not often that two males getalong, but I'm wondering what your take on this would be.

Thanks.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back