Pam Nock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Pam,

I've spoken to Kathy Smith, the author of Rabbit's Health 101,and told her that you had highly-recommended her book. (Iordered it of course.) Told her that you're very muchrespected by the rabbit community and are an ARBA Judge. Shewas thrilled with your referral. It made her day.:) She was just estatic, and wanted me to let you know howmuch she appreciates your opinion of it.

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

I'm thrilled to hear you ordered the book -- it's an outstandingreference. I'll have to get around to purchasing the newestaddition, but the older one I have is also very good.

The book is one of the best medical references on rabbits that you can purchase for such a reasonable price.

Pam

Hi Bluebird,

How often and long do you have to treat with listerine, and where onthe rabbit do you put it, just on the ears? I was justcurious.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
When I first got the bunny purse above, Tucker was so jealous. He gaveme millions of kisses and wouldn't leave my side. He was a good boy,without needing correction for about 2 whole nights. :shock:

He's waaayyy over that now. :X

-Carolyn

Hi Crissie5000,

I meant that Tucker didn't get in trouble. Since he was agood boy, he didn't 'need correction.' He didn't need to beyelled at because he wasn't doing anything wrong.

-Carolyn

Crissie5000,

Nope, Tucker is my male rabbit. :) He's going to be 3 years old inJune. I was just joking by calling him my son because he's a boy.

Pam,

Strangest thing. Last night, I noticed that Tucker's other ear has whatthe first one had weeks ago. I rubbed some Vitamin E Oil on it, andit's looking 80% back to normal today.

I'm completely baffled.

-Carolyn

Buck,

The only thing I can surmise from this is that his ears are touching and it's creating this issue I have.

I'm completely at a loss.

Thank you so much for troubleshooting.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Pam,

Strangest thing. Last night, I noticed that Tucker's other ear has whatthe first one had weeks ago. I rubbed some Vitamin E Oil on it, andit's looking 80% back to normal today.

I'm completely baffled.

-Carolyn

That's strange -- keep us updated.

Pam

Pam,

I'm thinkin this issue of Tuck's ears has to do with where the earsmeet, and possible irritation of the skin at times. Maybewhen he gets hot or something, it acts up. Am keeping an eyeon it.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Pam,

I'm thinkin this issue of Tuck's ears has to do with where the earsmeet, and possible irritation of the skin at times. Maybewhen he gets hot or something, it acts up. Am keeping an eyeon it.

-Carolyn
Could very well be. Heat and moisture from holding the earsdown could cause some irritation or bacterial/fungal growthonthe skin.

Pam

That makes complete sense to me, Pam.Thank you for acknowledging myquestion, as you always do andwe all appreciate so much. Will pay close attention to whatyou've said and watch for such conditions.

By Golly, I think you may have Got It! :)

-Carolyn

The only complaint I have about this awesome forumis the fact that I inadvertently overlook a number of posts.(and don't want to appear rude if someone has asked mesomething). Is there an option to choose for "unread new"posts? I chose the "recent" option, but I'm still overlookingconversations (for example, I didn't even see the thread about Buckuntil today).

Pam

Hi Pam,

Good point. I go through the same thing.

I'll write a note to the webmaster and see what we can do.

Thanks for the thought.

-Carolyn

Back