Pam Nock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the pleasure of meeting webmaster Danielle,her husband and adorable daughter Eva today. They recentlyrelocated to western Pennsylvania and stopped by for a visittoday. What a nice family :) I finally met someonefluent in French (Danielle)that we will be able to turn to ifmy daughter becomes overwhelmed with her language studies :)

Pam

That's excellent, Pam! Danielle is definitely a sweetheart. I reallylike her. She was in the process of moving when this forum switchedover to the Wowbb company. Actually, it was the guy from the Wowbb company who works with Danielle that I wrote to and I sent Danielle a copy of it. Not thinking that she'd have the time or perhaps theknowledge of the software, I just thought I'd save her the step.
That's great you guys met! I'm sure she found you to be as lovely as weall do here. Nice to know you have a new friend in the area, even if it it's terribly close by.

:)

Very Cool!

-Carolyn

Mornin Pam! :dude:

This was the message I had gotten from the webmaster about the unread posts.

Hello Carolyn,

Theicons next totopics areyellow when thosetopics contain new posts and green when theyare not. I hope this helps.

Please letme know if you have any questions or comments.

-------------------

Also, Pam, I'm curious about something and wonderif you know the answer. Since the British culture seems tofeed their rabbits more forage than we suggest in America, I'mwondering if there is a difference in lifespan? Do you haveany idea or thoughts about that?

Another thing.Is it a common characteristic forPolish rabbit's ears to touch?AfterBucktook a look at Tucker's ears this weekend, he too thought it was thatthe shortness of thehair onhis ears was duetowhereTucker's earsrubtogether.

Thanks,
-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Mornin Pam! :dude:

This was the message I had gotten from the webmaster about the unread posts.

Hello Carolyn,

Theicons next totopics areyellow when thosetopics contain new posts and green when theyare not. I hope this helps.

Please letme know if you have any questions or comments.

-------------------

Also, Pam, I'm curious about something and wonderif you know the answer. Since the British culture seems tofeed their rabbits more forage than we suggest in America, I'mwondering if there is a difference in lifespan? Do you haveany idea or thoughts about that?

Another thing.Is it a common characteristic forPolish rabbit's ears to touch?AfterBucktook a look at Tucker's ears this weekend, he too thought it was thatthe shortness of thehair onhis ears was duetowhereTucker's earsrubtogether.

Thanks,
-Carolyn

Good morning Carolyn!

Even with the little yellow folders, I still seem to miss a lot ofposts : ( I liked the old rabbit web, where I couldchoose the option of having all the newest posts listed at the top andcould simply click through every single new post and know I wasn'tmissing any. Those were the "good old days" LOL

Diet and lifespan: Certainly obesity can shorten the lifespanof a rabbit by putting more stress on the body systems.However, genetics do play a major role in longevity. Rabbitsare a prey animal and do not have a very long natural lifespan.

In the Polish, it is desired that the ears touch together for thecomplete length of the ear. Shortness of hair on the ear canbe a genetic trait or simply due to the ears rubbing.Friction can lead to irritation of the tissue. This ears mayalso be more prone to problems. (An ear of good substance isdesired). It's also possible that the shape of his ears mayplay a role in how they rub together. Or, simply just thathe's getting up in years and the tissues are not as resilient.

Pam

GreetingsPam!

I'm attaching 6 pictures: 3 of Calbert, Buck Jones'sdaughter's rescued rabbit; and Missy: Buck Jones's inhouserabbit. We were curious as to what you guess would be as totheir breeds. Thanks Pam!! Hope it's not too muchof a bother, but I know Buck would really be interested. Thefirst three are Calbert.

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

I'm responding as you are posting, so there are only photos of Calbert so far :)

His color is Magpie Harlequin. It's possible he's a mixbetween a number of breeds, as other breeds are often brought in toimprove the Harli type. Are Calbert's eyes blue?It's hard to tell from the photo. Blue eyes are not unusualin the Harli.

You can only imagine what a day it has been! "Cigar", ourvery first and very old Himalayan had testicular cancer, so I took himto the vet to be put down today before his condition got toobad.

"Luceee" (Dwarf Hotot doe named after my daughter's good friend) was inlabor and I could feel the stuck baby (she had one deadbabylast night) -- so . . . I am now back from the vet, andLuceee is doing fine after some oxy and calcium shots to helpcontractions so she could pass the large, dead baby. You canonly imagine that she is now in the house and being very pampered :)

Now, I've got to go catch up on cleaning and I'll check back later to view the rest of the photos.

Pam :cool:

Missy is a "frosty" Mini Lop :)Basically, the chinchilla color with the non-extension gene thrown ingiving the rabbit a "frosted" appearance to the coat.

Pam :cool:

Wuups! Sorry!! I remembered that about Missy. Didn't mean to be redundant.

Thanks Pam!

Boy, that's a heck of a day you've had so far on your first full dayhome! Poor Little Luceee. Good thingyouwere home to catch the problem.

I'm so sorry about Cigar. I couldn't think of a luckier placefor a rabbit to end up than in your hands. Being your firstand oldest Himalayan, that had to sting. You'll see thelittle one when it's your turn to enter Heaven. I can'timagine how many rabbits are going to jump on you in gratitude and lovewhen your time comes. Not only the rabbits that you've caredfor but all of our rabbits in the forums that you've helped andgenerously shared your gift of knowledge with. You're indeedan extremely special Lady.

I was thinking about you and Matthew and SandMan this morning and whatyou have ahead of you with that as well. Gosh, when it rains,it pours, ey?!

Thanks again, Pam.

-Carolyn

Thank you, Carolyn, for posting those pictures,and thank you, Pam, for those comments of identification. I dosincerely appreciate the efforts of both of you in this regard.

Gosh, Pam, you are getting socked right and left with traumatic eventsand circumstances. It is distressing to me when bad thingshappen to good people. We will continue to offer prayers foryour relief and thegraces to beabletodeal withthese most difficulttimes, in the mean time.

So sorry for all yourrecent losses and troubles.

Buck :(

Buck Jones wrote:
Thank you, Carolyn, for posting those pictures, and thankyou, Pam, for those comments of identification. I do sincerelyappreciate the efforts of both of you in this regard.

Gosh, Pam, you are getting socked right and left with traumatic eventsand circumstances. It is distressing to me when bad thingshappen to good people. We will continue to offer prayers foryour relief and thegraces to beabletodeal withthese most difficulttimes, in the mean time.

So sorry for all yourrecent losses and troubles.

Buck :(

Thank you Buck. I count my blessings daily. Myproblems are trivial compared to the difficulties othersface. We are all indeed very lucky.

Pam

Carolyn wrote:
I was thinking about you and Matthew and SandMan this morning and whatyou have ahead of you with that as well. Gosh, when it rains,it pours, ey?!

Thanks again, Pam.

-Carolyn
I did get the good news that a friend has a tiny Netherland Dwarf buckthat looks like "Sandman". Matthew and the bunny will get tomeet each other in a couple weeks and we'll see if things click betweenthe two of them.

Pam

I hope the little one's personality is just like Sand Man.

Do let us know when Sand Man's burial happens. I'd like to send a prayer, a kiss, and a balloon up to him.

-Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

I was hoping to have the services sometime this week. My sonRyan worked so hard to make the nice cross to mark the graveand I would like Matthew to have "closure" before he gets the new bunny.

Pam

Couldn't agree with you more.

Just a suggestion if I may? Get a balloon, and I will too, have Matthewhold it knowing that it will get to Sand Man and release it intoHeaven. Watch it until you can't see it anymore, and tell him it's onit's way to SandMan. He'll know that SandMan will get two balloons thatday, and who's to say he won't?

-Carolyn

Back