NEW MEMBERS (CLOSED)....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone! I am a new bunny owner...thislittle baby was rescued from a hawk who was about to have him fordinner! We have 12 dogs, 2 cats, 4 guinea pigs, a baby chicken and nowa baby bunny! I am not sure what breed it is or even if it is a boy orgirl...we have only had it for 2 days but it is fully furred and it'seyes are open. I have been feeding it kitten formula twice a day, whichI heard is how the momma feeds, and I have offered hay and veggieswhich it seems to have no interest in so far. It is moving it's backlegs but so far not the front. We think the hawk may have damaged somenerves. It is in it's own cage with solid floor, a t-shirt to lay onand access to hay, veggies and water. I would appreciate any advice Ican get to help this baby survive. Thanks!

Welcome Unicorn39. Sorry i don't know much aboutraising kits but there are lots of people on here who do. Itis very kind of you to hand raise it? Did you rescue it from the hawk?Maybe if you post pictures of the little baby someone will be able totell you the breed.Good luck with raising it!:D

Hi everyone!

I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this place.

We have our first baby :) . We just brought him or her (won't knowuntil the vet appt next week, I guess) 3 days ago. He is 2months old, and a lop.

He's so sweet. He's litter trained now...I can't believe how quickly hecaught on! It happened in less than a day. I'm sure he knows his namenow, as I made sure to use it often in praising him for peeing in hisbox and not eating the carpet!

Anyway. I've lived with cats all of my life, and know very little aboutbunnies. I am soooo terrified I'm going to do something(unintentionally) to hurt him or traumatise him!

Hello Everyone,

I'm newand I'm glad I found this forum. My name isJennifer and I have one bun named wilbur. My husband and Ifound him last year outside our building we were just about to go tothe vet to take in a sick rat girl (we lost her that day) of ours andwe spotted him. He is a holland lop and our first bun and Ican't tell you how much joy he has brought us. He is thesweetest bun and hopefully in the future I will be able to adopt morelike him:) We also have 23 pet rats and a beardeddragon. I have 2 more rats reserved in indiana at a rescue,but still trying to figure out transports for them toTX.I love to rescue rats:) I hopetomake some greatbun friends on this board.

Hello Everyone,

I have been browsing around for a while, but I have never introducedmyself, my name is Sharon and I live in England ( Lincolnshire ) I havea dwarf Lop called Snowball, she is a female bunnie, when we got her wewas told she was a boy.

When we got her last christmas ( 6wks old ) it was snowing and she waspure white at the time and her tail was like a fluffy "snowball" henceher name!. I was going to change her name to a more girlieone, but she new her name, and always comes running when you call her,so i decided to leave it as snowball.

I also had another bunnie which was her sister called Fluffy, but welost her to GI Stasis, which was very sad, but Snowball and I havereally bonded she is like my little baby and I love her with all myheart, but I am sure in the near future I will be getting another Bunny!
:bunnydance:
Love Sharon xx

:wave:hello and welcome ratmom and snowball.

ratmom,what a spunky little guy you have there:)

snowball,you just gotta post some pics of your bunny:)

Hi, I'm new to your awesome forum. My name is Eve and I'm from Australia. I recently got an 8 week old dwarf lop called Rodney.

Hi. I just stumbled across this site, and wish Ihad found it sooner. (particularly the info I'm reading about what todo during GI statis)

I'm currently the proud bunmom to five rascally rabbits: Spanky &Giselle, Hunter & Zealand, and Gunner. (That's Hunter in myavatar). All my buns were rescues! (2 thru HRS, 2 thru local rabbitrescue affliated with HRS, and 1 was a stray) We're supposed to betaking in another rescue bunny this weekend. Hopefully we can trybonding the new bun with Gunner.

I'll post some pics tonight (most of the bunnypics are on my home computer). No, they're not all bonded together(I've tried, and it aint' happening) They've pair themselves off intocouples. (Gunner is the odd man out right now).

Latest posts

Back