Midas and me :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my way back to the vet to get Sasha shaved to see if she has a spay scar. I think I'm going to start bunny dates again on Saturday.. they arent fighting through the bars of their cage anymore and they are actually doing full out DBF's right beside each other between the barrier. So we will see how it goes :]

So Sasha is spayed. It feels good to know for sure :]

I also picked up some bene-bac for my first aid kit.. which now includes -- critical care, simethicone (sp?), pumpkin, bene-bac, and pedialyte. Anything else I should add?

Now off to make dinner :)

bunnylove817 wrote:
On my way back to the vet to get Sasha shaved to see if she has a spay scar. I think I'm going to start bunny dates again on Saturday.. they arent fighting through the bars of their cage anymore and they are actually doing full out DBF's right beside each other between the barrier. So we will see how it goes :]

:)That is great that their laying next to each other. Can they touch each other yet? I would try that first and see if they fight or bite. Hopefully they will groom each other thru the bars. Thats what my bunnies did.

I'm glad it's going well... :bunnydance:

I'm super stressed today :( I woke up an hour late for work and then my car is starting to fall apart (some piece that connects the axel to the wheel is breaking.. and its like $300 to fix). Blah.

Bonding is going nowhere.. Sasha has again started to not use her litterbox. I am so sick of cleaning up piddle! Poo is one thing, and doesnt bother me at all, but piddle is another thing! She's peeing on EVERYTHING (except her litter) :X :X :X

Midas and Sasha are fighting ferociously through the bars and Midas is still being super aggressive. I think he hates me.. which is really hard to deal with. I almost regret ever getting another bun.. It was supposed to make him happy! Not make him hate everything (and everyone) :(

Grr.. Why does this have to be so hard?

Sorry your having such a rough time :hug:It's a waiting game (with the bunnies)and I know that stinks.

Do you still have the 2 litter boxes in Sasha's cage? I would keep 2 in there, if you don't. Sounds like your having good days and bad. Sorry.

Have you tried switching sides so they share their stuff? So they get use to each other smells? I would try that too :)

So I've decided to rebuild the buns cage sometime in the next week or so. I'm going to "remodel" it -change the ramps, make more accessible doors and hopefully make it a bit more sturdy. I need to go buy maybe one more box of grids (I still have to count how many I have). I also need to figure out what I want to do with the bottom of the cage. I'm either going to go get some chloroplast or just make another linoleum floor, my parents have tons (they planned on redoing the kitchen floor, but got real wood instead).

I think Sasha is feeling more at home here now.. she loves running and jumping throughout my apartment. She is just really afraid of both me and David. I hope she learns to trust us sometime.. I'm sure trying to "scare" her into loving Midas doesn't exactly help... which is why I have decided to take a break from bonding them.. for a few weeks or so.. until I feel like they are both calmed down enough to not rip each others throats out.

:wave: I think giving them time will help alot.

Sasha sounds happy, binking around :)Hope you take pic's of the new cage. How's Midas doing since you seperated them?

Keep us updated still on how things are going. :biggrin2:

Funny little story I thought I'd share

So Midas has been out running around for about 2 hours now. He is enjoying his run time (his binkies are so cute :)) So I've been cleaning all day but I decided to take a break and eat an apple. I have one of those apple slicer things that I always use to cut up my apples. Well I'm sitting on the floor not paying attention to Midas, and all of a sudden he jumps out of nowhere, steals my apple and runs away and hides. I didnt even know he liked apple that much! It was the cutest thing :] Of course I then had to chase him and get my apple back.. but he continued to follow me around for the next 10 minutes wondering when he was getting his snack back

So I've discovered another one of Midas' favorite snacks :)

He also likes to stick his nose into Sasha's cage and steal her hay/veggies because she eats to slow.. he is a little bugger!

i missed a lot!!

i keep vet wrap in my first aid kid and a syringe w/out a needle, then a couple needles i can throw on a syringe if needed.
i use that kit for cat and buns though...so i dont know about vet wrap for buns, id imagine theyd chew it off

and about your car...i tell everyone to have at least one car friend, thankfully all my friends are car people so i get parts cheap and fixed cheap. a lotta places will rip you off. charge you 300$ for the part, but 400$ for installation and then mess up something else -.- so shop around

and im soo glad their doing better!

Midas and Sasha still hate each other. They fight any chance they get, except when they are both caged? When they are actually in the cages beside each other they dont fight, they just watch each other. However, if either of them is let loose for playtime they just run back to the cage and fight nonstop through the bars. So I've had to cardboard off the cage when one is out for playtime so they cant see each other (and so they actually get some exercise, they are both full of so much energy!)

Midas is still being a butthead. He boxes with me when I put my hands in the cage and he is always fighting his toys.. not just playing with them, he is dominating them. I think maybe he is showing off for Sasha?

Anywho, we are getting up to 16 inches of snow by tomorrow and I'm excited. I'm going to let Sasha and Midas explore :]

Everything else is pretty good here, my car actually just needed the shocks replaced (I took it to a friend and he said the original guy had no idea what he was talking about) which is much, much cheaper (and my parents said they would pay for it :))

-- I don't know how much I'll be online in the next week or so, Sasha chewed through a power cord to our Modem and now our internet has been on the fritz :X

That stinks that they're still fighting. Hopefully in time they will get along. ;)Did you ever try the car ride?

I am not looking forward to all the snow. Lol. I didn't know we were getting that much though. Wow.

:)Give the bunnies pets from me

Loving the snow. Although driving to work on Saturday took my 2 hours.. instead of my usually 20.

My scary story of the day--

I opened the door to Midas's cage to let him out for run time, but he was content to lay in his cage being lazy. About an hour later I went to go lay down (I forgot I had opened his cage!) and fell asleep. Well about 30 minutes later I woke up and remembered I had let him out and ran to go find him.. He wasnt in his cage, or under the couch, or in his cardboard playhouse.. I was freaking out...and then I heard a noise which I followed into the kitchen and found him in his food bin munching on pellets. He looked like the happiest rabbit there is. I didn't know he could jump that high.

But now he is back in his cage happy with a full tummy. He really does love his food, he would eat 24/7 if I let him :)

Noticed today that Sasha got a hold of my laptop charger as well, but thankfully she didn't get to the wires, just chewed through the rubber. So I'm off to go get more electrical tape :):)

ew i HATE snow. lol

and ya i have had those moments...where i loose a bunny for awhile. its kinda scary. but at least now you know where to find him when hes out :)

and ugh...laptop chargers arrrre so expensive. so your lucky

They are just soo fast!

I need to clean the buns cages.. I gave Midas a phone book and was unaware of the consequences. He SHREDDED the entire book.. there is about 3 inches of phone book pieces over his entire cage.. not to mention its all over my kitchen. Silly bun.

I'm kind of in a bad mood.. I spent the last week setting up a surprise birthday dinner for Dave's birthday tomorrow and everyone is bailing (even his parents) and I feel terrible. I was trying to make it a really special day :(
AND I burnt his birthday cake and had to remake it.

Latest posts

Back