Midas and me :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
establishing dominence is a good thing, once they have it figured out itll get better

Don't let Midas hump her face...she might bite his thinger

ETA: Saw the pictures just now. and grooming is a GREAT sign :) and so it laying next to eachother

fuzz16 wrote:
establishing dominence is a good thing, once they have it figured out itll get better

Don't let Midas hump her face...she might bite his thinger

ETA: Saw the pictures just now. and grooming is a GREAT sign :) and so it laying next to eachother

LOL at "thinger" :biggrin2:

Yeah I kept throwing him off when he got the face and kind of "guide him" to the right end. I'd let him hump her for a few seconds and then push him off and pet her. I almost think she liked it! She wanted him to pay attention to her so bad!!

LOL had no idea how else to word it

but that sounds like how Mimzy was. They never fought and bonded quickly so hopefully they do the same :)

I think this is going to be a hard bond. Sasha and Midas got into a pretty nasty fight tonight (he lost some skin). She is so hard to figure out.. she doesnt show any sign that she is going to bite and then she just turns her head really fast and tears into him. Poor little guy :/. Ill have him checked out on Monday by the vet when we go. His penis is also very, very red (and looks bloody, but no blood is actually coming off.. if that makes sense). I dont think she bit him down there (I've been very good with prohibiting face humping), but its possible I guess...another thing to get checked out.

I was really hoping this would be one of those easy bondings.. but seems like it is going to be a very hard one :(

I just hope his penis is ok!! (Brenda warned me!!) I didnt even see it happen, she is so quick! He is acting fine (currently napping) but I cant help but worry. My poor baby!!

Good thing he's going to the doc...

I wouldn't do anymore bunny dates for a while. I would let them see each other thru the panels of the cage. But I would wait a week or two before you have another date.

Maybe week one, don't let them touch. Week two, let them touch thru the panels and then week 3, have a bunny date. Just go a little slower. ;) Just a suggestion. :)

hopefully its not what i warned you about! o that would be horrible. poor guy...

and April gives a good suggestion...give them a bit more time getting to know eachother through the bars. sorry your having such bad luck...i hope midas is ok.

So I just got back from the vet. Vet said Sasha looked good (teeth,ears,eyes were fine) but that it would be good to do a fecal test. She said I can bring her back anytime to shave her and check for a spay scar. She looked at Midas and said his genitalia was red and inflamed, but it doesnt look like a bite, but more like "rug burn" from humping Sasha too much. So she gave me some topical anitbiotics to put on it every day for ten days.

My dilemma now is whether to adopt Sasha or not. I am REALLY worried about the risk to Midas, although it might already be too late. Several rabbits from the shelter tested positive for E. Cuniculi and one has passed away from head tilt. She was in the same house as these other bunnies and allowed in the same play area. I am worried she is going to give Midas head tilt and then its going to cost me hundreds and hundreds of dollars to save them (the test for e.c. is 200$!!). If she has been exposed to it, wouldnt that mean that Midas has been as well (since its airborne)? I just dont want to adopt Sasha to have her get sick in 2 weeks and maybe die.

I wish the shelter would test her for E.C. and pasteurella before they adopted her to me (doing a fecal test would be great too!) but I dont know if they do that.

This is hard!!

jessicalovesjesse wrote:
I hope everyone checks out healthy!
I would be very unhappy with a shelter if they sent a sick animal home with me and my bun got infected...

:yeahthat: I agree!!

Tell Steve the only way you will adopt is ifthey will pay for the test first. The only bad thing is Midas has been around Sashaif she's infected :( I can't believe they'd do that, and not tell you before hand.

I guess testing her is pointless. All bunnies have been exposed and have antibodies already. Tonyshuman gave me good information :] She said they should both be fine, so my mind is at ease. I just can't help but worry :expressionless

Steve and them have been really, really awesome. I think I'm just being crazy! This is just such a big decision.. and I want to make sure it's the best one for me (and Midas).

--So far the best few days Sasha has had perfect litter box use!! So exciting!!! :bunnydance:

Midas on the other-hand, is now being a turd. He is still using his litter box, but will pee right beside it to show me his disapproval of having a girl in HIS cage.

bunnylove817 wrote:
I guess testing her is pointless. All bunnies have been exposed and have antibodies already. Tonyshuman gave me good information :] She said they should both be fine, so my mind is at ease. I just can't help but worry :expressionless

Steve and them have been really, really awesome. I think I'm just being crazy! This is just such a big decision.. and I want to make sure it's the best one for me (and Midas). You have time to think about it.

--So far the best few days Sasha has had perfect litter box use!! So exciting!!! :bunnydance: That is awesome!! :)

Midas on the other-hand, is now being a turd. He is still using his litter box, but will pee right beside it to show me his disapproval of having a girl in HIS cage.
I would give Midas some more time. I think they're gonna be good together if you go a little slower. You have to remember Midas isn't use to other rabbits. Sasha is.

yeah, im not doing any more bunny dates for a week, and then I think im going to do a car ride... and then maybe a bunny date ever other day or every 3 days.. just to see how it goes.

Definitely slowing it down though.. they both need some adjustment time.

I'm in it for the long haul though :]

:highfive: I forgot about car rides. Good idea.

Lexi (my little girl you met) was happy to see Sasha's pic's on here. And when I told her you had Sasha, that made her happier cause she met you. ;):)

whatever you decide i wish you luck
there are a lot of bunnies out there that need help and if your heart doesnt feel right with Sasha...if she doesn't call out to you then maybe you should look at others.
If she does call out to you and everything you should get her. :)

Quick update-

Midas's thinger is all better. I think he just irritated it humping her to much! I'm going to keep putting the antibiotics on it though.

I'm on my way to the humane society to finalize the adoption. As soon as I saw her binkying across my living room, I knew she was the one :]

and on another note, I dropped out of school today. I dont really know if that was a good idea, but I was just so unhappy and I felt like it was pointless.. i wasnt driven anymore. So I'm taking a leave of absence until I decide what I was to do with my life.

Back