Rabbit with unusual testicles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomas22

Reaction score
Does anyone know what that is? Should I be worried? Any help would be appreciated.

His testicles did not look like this a couple months prior, so I'm really confused why it suddenly became much larger and reddish on the tip.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
How old is your rabbit? Is he still eating and behaving normally?
He's about a year old.
He showed signs of both unusual movement and eating habits around the time I first noticed his testicles, but it only lasted for a few days and since then, he's seemingly behaving as normal.

To me they possibly look normal, maybe more purple than I'd expect. Though I don't remember if my rabbits ever looked that color prior to neutering or not, or if that means anything is abnormal like blood flow being restricted to them for some reason, which could potentially not be a good thing.

Larger size may be he's fully matured now, or maybe you've seen his testicles when he's had them partially retracted (rabbits can suck them up into their abdomen), and there he's letting them all hang out.

Maybe @Preitler or another member that breeds rabbits, can better share if those look normal to them. It's just been too long since I last had an unneutered male rabbit.

But if you're concerned it's abnormal, it's best to consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet. If they are abnormal, the vet may recommend having him neutered.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Indiana

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Spaying_and_neutering_rabbits

Since the both look the same it's not likely an injury or something.

Anyway, how warm is it where he is? Do they look like this all the time, even when he shouldn't be warm? I rarely see them full out like that, my buck and house bunny just had one large testicle, and I never even noticed. Can't tell for sure if it's normal, or not.

Does anyone know what that is? Should I be worried? Any help would be appreciated.

His testicles did not look like this a couple months prior, so I'm really confused why it suddenly became much larger and reddish on the tip.
My male is neutered but when I was a kid, I had two male Netherland dwarfs and your photo looks vaguely familiar. I am guessing it is normal? His behavior may change now that he has matured and his testosterone levels are up.

Since the both look the same it's not likely an injury or something.

Anyway, how warm is it where he is? Do they look like this all the time, even when he shouldn't be warm? I rarely see them full out like that, my buck and house bunny just had one large testicle, and I never even noticed. Can't tell for sure if it's normal, or not.
His temperatures are normal and yeah they've looked the same since I noticed the change. As you guys said, it's most likely natural. Thank you so much for the help @Preitler @JBun! I was extremely worried for the past few weeks. If I do notice any more changes I'll take him to the vet.

i think it's important to have them checked by a veterinarian to rule out any underlying health issues.

Latest posts

Back