Midas and me :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hln917-- They said she was a britannia petite mix. I posted in another section and the general consensus was that she is a nethie mix with maybe a little bit of B.P. but who really knows. She is my little mutt :D:D

what do you use on the shelving for traction? the blue stuff?

and shes so pretty! she looks at home and comfortable already

hmm...did you cut them to fit? thats not a bad idea, but are they hard to keep clean?

and id worry about the buns eating them...

yeah i cut them to fit. They can be decently hard to clean, but they are really easy to replace (and cheap!!). Midas doesnt really eat fabric, so I dont have any issues (we will see about Sasha!)

hopefully not :) i think ill check out wally world for some floor mats made of just cloth that i can wash when they get peed on and what not

i see so many creative things on here like what you did! im just not that creative lol

Beautiful bunny's. Its not a bad life being a bunny slave, my herd treats me well, sometimes they let me pick their treats. Sorry about getting sick, that bites. I think David owes you a nice sit down dinner.

Dave

UGG Sasha is making me angry. She will not use a litter box.. AT ALL!! Its one thing to mark her territory, i get that, but she is peeing in the same like 3 spots. Ill move her litter box to where she is peeing, and then she will be right beside it. It's driving me insane. Im cleaning up pee 4 times a day, not to mention her pee smells really, really bad (worse than Midas has ever smelled) and its like white. It's driving me crazy!! Any thoughts/ideas? I'm putting her pee soaked paper towels in the litter box, but its not working.

On another note, I get my kleenmamas hay Friday! Woo hoo!!

I love your rabbits!
My female stopped using her litterbox too..for about 2 months then took it back up again.
Hopefully that is what happens to you.

it may have to do with her not being spayed-i saw this in your other thread. non spayed rabbits pee everywhere...mimzy is horrible about it...shell just be hopping along and pee in the middle on the cage -.-

use vinegar to keep her from smelling it and going there again
can you make the cage smeller at all?

it may also be because its a new place...its only been a couple days, maybe itll pass?fingers crossed for ya

bunnylove817 wrote:
UGG Sasha is making me angry. She will not use a litter box.. AT ALL!! Its one thing to mark her territory, i get that, but she is peeing in the same like 3 spots. Ill move her litter box to where she is peeing, and then she will be right beside it. It's driving me insane. Im cleaning up pee 4 times a day, not to mention her pee smells really, really bad (worse than Midas has ever smelled) and its like white. It's driving me crazy!! Any thoughts/ideas? I'm putting her pee soaked paper towels in the litter box, but its not working.

On another note, I get my kleenmamas hay Friday! Woo hoo!!

Be patient. I know it's hard to be patient but I knowSasha can do it. :)You know what I mean ;)She's been thru alot. Your doing the right things. Soaking up the pee and putting it in the litter box.

Use vinager and water. (Half and half) where she's peeing to take the smell away.

:hug:

Ive been doing that :/ but I almost feel like its making it worse (she wants the cage to smell like her..maybe). I put in an extra litter box where she was using the bathroom. I also blocked Midas off from going down to visit her. I figured if they cant see each other then maybe the stress will decrease a little and she wont be so angry! Other than that they are doing wonderful :]

I'm a little concerned with Sasha though... Her urine is very cloudy (looks like milk actually) and its seeming to get worse and I dont know if thats normal, but I have a vet appointment Monday to have a general check up, so we will see what he says.

If her urine is in a drying stage it's gonna turn white. As long as it's not thick.I think she'll be fine though:)It's good your taking her in for a check up though. Puts your mind at ease.

I think putting 2 litter boxes in there was a good idea. Are you putting hay in her litter boxes? I would try that. :)

So I had to rearrange the cage. So right now Midas and Sasha are not allowed to see each other or interact for a day or so. I was thinking that maybe the stress of everything was possibly affecting her litterbox habits (and making her territorial) so I blocked off the middle section of my cage so now they have a floor inbetween them. I also cut Sasha's cage in half (its now a 2 grid by 3 grid cage)and put two big litter boxes in there so she has to jump in them. If she starts using the litter box I will remove one and then eventually let her have the rest of the cage. It's just going to be a slow process :/

thankfully I'm patient :)

She has been really good other then that though.. She lets me give her head rubs and has even let me hold her a bit (although she flipped out at first, but no bites so I'm happy!!)

I think she is going to do well her, I've just got to give her (and midas) time to adjust. :)

That is GREAT Sasha let you pet and holdher w/o nipping.:)I really think she's been put thru alot(before you)and she just needs time to adjust. ;)

Let us know what the doc says.

Unfortunately it takes time for bunnies to adjust. I've read alot on RO and sometimes it can take awhile. I'm glad your patient. :biggrin2:

First bunny date

So I put Midas and Sasha together in the bath tub and they seemed to do better then they have before. It was basically a hump fest. Sasha wouldnt stop humping Midas (I kept pushing her off and petting them both) but then Midas like "woke up" and showed her what was up. The rest of the 20 minutes was Midas not wanting to stop humping Sasha (there was some rough grooming going on as well). Sasha only nipped at Midas once (I think he was getting to aggressive) But this is a good sign correct?

Also, after making Sasha's cage smaller and putting a second litter box in her cage she used her litter box for the first time!! Woo hoo!!

Ill have pictures (and maybe a video) of the first bonding session here soon :D

Back