I have BIG news!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwh looks beautiful Jen!!

I wondered what it meant on facebook I'm in love with Priston mill i was like huh? HEHE!

I hope they have a date free that you want too!

Thank you!

Also, my whole thing about my parents insisting that we do it cheaply etc- I told my mum what the cost of that place was roughly and she said it was very reasonable! And not too much at all! :shock::shock::biggrin2::biggrin2:

I feel like a great weight has been lifted..... Now, if they have a date, we can book, and get onto the fun stuff! :D

So, went this morning to look at dresses with one of my Maids of Honour and another good friend, as my other Maid couldn't make it.

I pointed out the one I liked, and tried on about 7 others. They were all nice, but I still wanted to see what the other one looked like....

OMG! It is SO nice! It's sort of corseted so it pulls me in- my tummy disappears and I have a WAIST!!! :shock::shock: :p

So, I've ordered it!!! We just need to call up and pay half, and then pay the other half when we collect it.

AND.... this is the big news....

Steve spoke to the venue this morning. They are booked up every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday until 2001.

BUT,
they had a cancellation come through this morning for Saturday 12th September! THIS SEPTEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo

So, they're pencilled us in! And we have an appointment to go and look at it properly and meet the wedding co-ordinator this Thursday morning! YAY!!!!!!

I cannot believe how well this has turned out so far. I am just praying nothing goes wrong. The dress I want looks great, and it's cheap (lol) and the venue we want just HAPPENS to have a cancellation on one of the dates we wanted!

This is me ==>> :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

OMG JEN!

I am so happy you got a good date you are happy with :)

And excuse me?!?!? Where are the dress pictures??

I'm sure its beautiful!

I can imagine you like this :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

mouse_chalk wrote:
Steve spoke to the venue this morning. They are booked up every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday until 2001.

Don't you mean 2010 :biggrin2:

But WOWEE Thats a long time, I bet its beautiful inside!!

Becca wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:

Oops! Nope, I meant 2011!!! :shock: A LONG time!!

Thank you! I'm so excited!!

mouse_chalk wrote:
Becca wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:

Oops! Nope, I meant 2011!!! :shock: A LONG time!!

Thank you! I'm so excited!!
AHhh Becca I read 2001 and like WHAT?? She's a few years behind us. LOL.
Jen I hope you 2 like the venue.

We're going to look at the venue in the morning and meet with the wedding co-ordinator!

I'm so excited! We spoke to someone today who's parents have been to a wedding and a golden anniversary party there recently and apparently they can't stop raving about what a lovely place it is.... YAY!!!! :D:D

So are you gonna honeymoon in San Francisco?

TinysMom wrote:
So are you gonna honeymoon in San Francisco?

We would LOVE to!

We've been thinking about possibly trying to do a twin-centre holiday- staying in San Francisco for about 5 or so nights and then going onto somewhere else beachy and hot so that we can chill out for about a week. We went into a travel agents yesterday and priced up 5 nights in San Fran followed by a week in Maui which sounded sooooo nice, but VERY expensive! :shock::shock: Might have to rethink that one lol...

We've worked out the costs etc with my parents and we're paying for half of the wedding ourselves now. Which is what we expected, but the costs do seem to add up lol.

But....

WE'VE OFFICIALLY BOOKED THE DATE!!!!

12th SEPTEMBER 2009!!!

How exciting? It's exactly 6 months away!

We have got lots to plan. We've got a meeting with a possible florist on Monday morning though, so we're getting there already :)

We can't wait!!! :D

I know many people aren't reading this anymore, but I think I may keep it going as a kind of blog to myself of our wedding planning. Setting the date is a big, big thing to us. We're beyong excited about it. It'll be nice to have a look back afterwards and remember JUST how much planning went into it as well lol...

mouse_chalk wrote:
We've been thinking about possibly trying to do a twin-centre holiday- staying in San Francisco for about 5 or so nights and then going onto somewhere else beachy and hot so that we can chill out for about a week. We went into a travel agents yesterday and priced up 5 nights in San Fran followed by a week in Maui which sounded sooooo nice, but VERY expensive! :shock::shock: Might have to rethink that one lol...
Daytona Beach is lovely and we can also supply you with rabbits for the week. Disney and all the other attractions are only an hour away.

I'm still reading!!! Please keep updating...it's so exciting. I think you should come to the East Coast....not to be selfish or anything, but then we could do an RO reception!!!! Just a thought...

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
I'm still reading!!! Please keep updating...it's so exciting. I think you should come to the East Coast....not to be selfish or anything, but then we could do an RO reception!!!! Just a thought...
:yeahthat:

How awesome! YAY! I missed this thread I think, oops! I thought I had replied.

You're getting married on my dads birthday :p. Mat says we are getting married 12th December...some time around the year 2030 haha!

You'll be a beautiful bride.

Aww thanks you guys! It's good to know that people are still reading this far in- I know how a really long thread gets sometimes- I'm very guilty of that myself sometimes lol! :blushan:

Of course you get to see the venue!

Here is where we're getting married:

http://www.pristonmill.co.uk/tythebarn-gallery.html

If you look at the gallery pictures- there's a sort of mezzanine balcony- that's where the ceremony is held. Then downstairs is where the reception is, and then they move the tables out of the way a bit for the evening party. There's a bar there as well. The gardens are BEAUTIFUL. Lavender bushes all the way around with a sort of pergola? I can't remember the name..... There's a stream that runs down one side, because there's another building for weddings called the Watermill which is also beutiful, but sadly not available that day. It's smaller though too....

They put wooden tables outside, and there are benches too. And they have lanterns in the evening too! So pretty!

Here are a few pics:

Where the ceremony is held:

Tythe-Barn-D-5.jpg

Barn from the outside:

Barn_Gardens-1.jpg

Look at all the lavender!

Tythe-Barn-arch.jpg

Empty barn and the balcony:

Barn-E-1.jpg

Table layouts for the reception (suggested):

Tythe-Barn-D-4.jpg

The barn at night:

NightTB2.jpg

The photos don't do it enough justice I don't think..... It's just BEAUTIFUL the whole way through. The barn is so light and airy, plus there's a whole load of space under the balcony, and then behind that there's a huge lobby with cloakroom and toilets etc.....

We cannot wait!!! :D:D:D

Oh, and our colour scheme is probably going to be a dark purple/grape colour. Because that's the colour of the sash on my wedding dress! I can't post it here because Steve might accidentally see if he reads this thread (he reads a lot more than he posts lol) but I'll post a link to it instead- he can be trusted ;)

Here's my dress!!!!

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk87/snowbarn84/SASH-3-600.jpg

I say honeymoon in New York!

Jen.jpg

:)

Back