Gracie's Beautiful Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just make sure he or she doesn't go early.

I am not home right now - but I have to share that Gracie's babies are growing like crazy....yesterday I saw her in the nestbox with them four times during the afternoon. I'm not sure if mama just gets bored and hops in with them - or what...

I hope to have videos tonight or tomorrow - I already took some videos - just need to get them off the camera!

I need to burn a dvd of my photos so I can delete them from my machine - so I can upload MORE photos to my machine....I'm so low on space I can barely function right now....

Anyway - here are some photos from this week - I have videos uploading to photobucket right now too...

DSCN4044.jpg

DSCN4048.jpg

DSCN4050.jpg

DSCN4053.jpg

DSCN4064.jpg

DSCN4070.jpg

DSCN4071.jpg

DSCN4072.jpg

DSCN4079.jpg

DSCN4083.jpg

DSCN4084.jpg

Yes.....the baby is alive. Yes...it is fine. I tranced it shortly before taking the video...

Ahhh baby bunny toes!! :inlove:

They are beautiful Peg, and getting so big. I have never seen a Californian bunny, what size do they get too?

Last videos for tonight (although more are uploading to photobucket)...

It looks like they're uploading in reverse order....so the ones up above were today's and some of these are older..

I'm heading to bed....more tomorrow..

Runty is still with us - here are some pictures from tonight - I hope to take pictures and video tomorrow of the babies - even if only to show the difference between them and Runty..

Robin an Runty - the baby is giving her kisses....
DSCN4156.jpg

Runty....
DSCN4160.jpg

Gotta practice giving the butt....
DSCN4167.jpg

Can you find the babies?
DSCN4171.jpg

How about now?
DSCN4172.jpg

Did you find this one?
DSCN4173.jpg

Look at those little feet......
DSCN4174.jpg

Let's play a little game...can you find the baby's nose in this picture?

DSCN4180.jpg

What about this one???
DSCN4186.jpg

The winner gets..... the privilege of knowing they saw cute baby noses!

Oh my gosh, Runty is sooo cute! His little eyes are open now :inlove: I know I keep asking this, but do you think he'll make it? I forget, how old are they now? How much tinier is he than the others? C'mon, little guy or lady!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Oh my gosh, Runty is sooo cute! His little eyes are open now :inlove: I know I keep asking this, but do you think he'll make it? I forget, how old are they now? How much tinier is he than the others? C'mon, little guy or lady!
Runty is maybe 1/4 the size of the others - maybe 1/3. I'm leaning closer to 1/4 though now that the others are growing so fast.

Do I think Runty will make it? Honestly? I don't think so.

BUT - I'm going to give Runty a chance - I will probably leave Runty with mama for 3 months or so (even after the others are gone) - and if Runty is a girl - she may live with mama if Gracie will allow it.

I find myself wondering if Runty is like he/she is because of the fact that Gracie and George are brother/sister. I don't know how much inbreeding there already was in their lines....so I don't know what could have caused Runty to be so small. I suspect there are internal issues. I am going to try to start supplementing Runty with Critical Care or something in a couple of weeks.....

I wish you could see Gracie right now - she's sleeping in the nestbox with the babies curled up beside her - but her mouth is going and her nose is twitching 'cause she's dreaming about something. I mean - its really moving - you'd think she was talking in a movie or something.....

Meanwhile, the babies are starting to get a bit restless and they wanna PLAY....

I do think Runty is starting to realize it is different than the others. For instance - it can't hop back in the nestbox by itself....we have to help it back in. The others are in and out as they wish.....

Can you find Runty in this picture? (By the way - life's no fair - my camera battery just gave me an "exhausted" message...).

DSCN4189.jpg

Aw, I really hope Runty makes it and is healthy. You can really see how tiny he is compared to the others in that picture. Maybe I should try to keep myself from being so smitten with him/her though in case he doesn't make it. That would be so nice if Runty's a girl and can grow up and live with her mama.

I really hate to post this....I'm going to be posting pictures and videos later on...

Runty is not going to make it through the day - I suspect sometime in the next hour or two we will lose Runty.

Runty can not keep his/her body temperature up at all....and basically - Runty is sleeping and will probably pass away in his/her sleep. Runty went to a far end of the cage (alone) to die....I now have him/her wrapped up in a washcloth and comfortable in my bedroom.

I find myself torn here....one night Zin and I debated whether or not to put Runty down because Runty was so small and I wasn't sure it would make it through the night. Art pushed for me to give Runty a chance....because we hoped with extra feedings it might make it.

Now that the babies are growing so large and Runty isn't growing at all....especially after looking at them and playing with them today....I'm going to let Runty pass. I don't think there is anything I can do about it.

For those of you who cared about Runty...I'm sorry for your pain....I know I'm in tears here thinking about losing Runty. I'm SOOOO glad Robin took Runty out and we got the photos (did I mention Robin got peed on too?). We'll always have those photos of Runty....

I will update when Runty is gone. Should I do a Rainbow Bridge thread - or not?

I think you should. He is a very special guy. He is loved very much by so many.

Latest posts

Back