Gracie's Beautiful Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:!!!!!!!!!

They are adorable Peg! It's been so many years since I've had babies of my own (y'know what I mean...bunny babies :p) and these pics make me miss having them. The runt of the litter definitely looks like he/she's struggling to keep up...he could probably use a lot more flesh on his little body. I do hope he makes it (will cross all fingers and toes and say a prayer for him). Is it possible to get him in for a few extra feedings alone with mom?

I've never seen newborn baby Cal's before, so am wondering about their coloration...I thought the ears and nose would be a darker pigmentation? Or is it just the hair that turns? (I'm just curious about that :biggrin2:)

Congrats on the new family!! And I'll definitely keep rooting for the little guy too :hug:

Aww look at those sweet little babies...they are so cute...

i can see what you mean about the smallest one...poor lil dear..i hope it's going to be ok.

I hope the little one makes it. :hearts

They were so big when they were born! :shock: The littlies I saw yesterday were teeny weeny! But they are soooo cute. :D

Runt baby made it through the night and had a HUGE ping pong belly this morning.

Two babies made it out of the nest...one was found and put back in the nest...Robin couldn't find the other one so she called me in....

The baby not only made it out of Gracie's pen (which was in the closet)- but all the way across the room into George's cage....(I guess it wanted to meet its daddy). Baby was fine - daddy was relieved when we took baby back to mama.

For Amy....the baby was in the corner of the closet near the bedroom door - and made it all the way over to where the head of your mattress was (probably was about where your pillow would be)...

It made its way past several lionheads (who never hurt it) and either past Jenny (a large doe) or Gabby (the other Cali doe)....and into daddy's cage..

We've had a talk with baby about staying in the nest....I can just imagine once their eyes open soon.

Ooh - the baby had nursed too...and had a nice full tummy (for its travels) and the other one that made it out of the nest - I don't think it could've moved 'cause its tummy was so huge we think it ate for two!

Awwww! How sweet is that!? Daddy was good to his baby and didn't hurt it?!

and I am so glad the little runt is starting to do better! Do you think that maybe since they have such short gestations that maybe one egg gets fertilized later and then you get a little one that is born a couple of days early and that's why?

Holy cow, Peg. I can't even believe that the baby made it that far. It was totally trying to travel it's way on Georgie's back all the way to Arizona...

:biggrin2:

Bo - I wish I knew the answer to your question...but I don't. Sorry.

Amy - yeah - I couldn't believe that the baby made it that far - through NIC pens...and not getting hurt by anyone. I was amazed.

Here are some pics from today - I also did videos but my computer is giving me fits...I am going to try again in a bit to upload them and if worse comes to worse...I'll do it tomorrow night..

This morning - after being fed
DSCN4015.jpg

Runt baby this morning
DSCN4018.jpg

Runtie again...
DSCN4019.jpg

This morning - early am....the one with the little black mark (in bottom right corner) is "Explorer Bunny"
DSCN4025.jpg

Tonight...
DSCN4029.jpg

The one off alone is explorer bunny again - wanna see what she/he does??
DSCN4032.jpg

Yep - tries to come out and play...
DSCN4033.jpg

Are you sure I can't come out???
DSCN4034.jpg

But I'm tired of sleeping with my brothers and sisters...
DSCN4035.jpg

Can you guess what this one is thinking of???
DSCN4036.jpg

Aw.....who could resist that face??
DSCN4037.jpg

and wait till you see the videos....

Peg, I am like in *happy tears* right now. Those babies are so charming and they just make me giggle. Oh, my boy Georgie makes the best babies ever.

;)

Oh if you think the pictures are cute - wait till you see the videos....you'll see them stretching - and dreaming of nursing and all sorts of stuff...

I'm uploading the videos now....to photobucket...

ARG! At least one of the videos is too big for Photobucket...

But....ready for some cuteness overload??

I love the videos! You're really popular, with that phone ringing all the time ;)

Are their noses getting darker? It looks like it with some of them that you held up, and a couple look like they're getting darker hair on their ears too!

Haha Bo! trust you to do something like that :laugh:.

The babies are lovely, it's not a breed I have ever seen much of so it's neat to see how they look when they are so little. Curious though, did the mama bunny not pull hair for the nest? I'm guessing it's pretty hot there anyway so that they don't need any.

That little runt baby with the yellow crusty skin flakes (at least that is what it looks like) is exactly like what happened with the runt baby in Dodges (RIP) second litter. Dodge was a large lop eared rabbit I had when I first joined here, she had one litter then we think one of her sons mated with her. Anyway this second litter was 7 babies, and after a couple of days I could see one looked weird, it was skinny, ribby, small, and had a yellow crust all over it.

The little dude made it through, thought he was always smaller than the rest.

Good luck with your little runty, he's gonna be just fine I hope :innocent.

Edited for about 50 typing errors! :grumpy:

Back