For the Love of Curls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This update isn't about Curly, but his mom. I think she might still be pregnant and about to give birth...to her fourth litter that I know of in a row. She has been heavily scratching the bottom of the cage and collecting hay, and her belly is very large. I can't seem to feel anything in there though. She feels bloated and I can feel her ribs protruding (probably from the constant pregnancies and nursing).

I have a feeling these new babies won't be around for very long. I think if I were to let her nurse again it would literally kill her. She feels so skinny with a huge belly :(

Ooooh poor mama. =/ I hope she makes it. That's the part of breeding animals that I do not like.

hahaha on to Curly, I love his mustache. So cute!

(OH and that little white one is adorable <3 )

Well, it sounds like I don't have to worry too much about mom anymore. The shelter asked me to bring them in when they're born and that they'd find them other arrangements. What the means, who knows, but I can't afford to worry about them unfortunately :/

You should be proud. You did your job tenfold. And you did the correct thing for all parties.

It's just mind boggling how this happens where a doe is constantly bred and constantly pushing out kits.

Hoping Mom and new kits do well. And hopefully after this last kiddle she will be spayed and finally have a life with pet parents.

This type of issue is what gives a good breeder a bad name.

K:)

Here he is at 4 weeks! He looks like a lamb :D
Today I noticed he had yellow goop around his eyes and did some dry-sneezing while diving into the food bowl. Is this something I should worry about? His activity level is normal (he's a spaz!) and poops are normal.

I tried sexing them but they're still pretty ambiguous, so a few more weeks and we'll know for sure! I'm hoping for a boy :)

DSCN3709.jpg

DSCN3707.jpg

DSCN3705.jpg

DSCN3701.jpg

The sneezing and eye goop is something you might want a vet to check out.

MMMMmmyy he is cute! Are you keeping his name Curly? If he is a he and you are renaming him you should think about naming him after someone with a big mustache. Heheh I'm in love with his mustache.

I'll probably rename him/her when I know for sure :p

I emailed the foster coordinator and asked what the protocol was for sick fosters, so we'll see what she says.

IT'S A GIRL!

Actually, they all are! I just sexed "Curly" (now named Ariadne because I freaking love that name) and her siblings and they are all little girls :D

Also, more good news, the goop is gone and was only there for that one day. They still have crust in the corners of their eyes because I haven't picked it off yet, but no runny eyes or noses and no sneezing!

New pics will be up tomorrow :)

Q-tip is leading an expedition to your house. She will befriend the bunny formerly known as Prince--er...Curly...and convince her to come home with us. She will tempt her with free run of an apartment and a timid parrot to torment. Beware, the Tipster has plans in motion.

Seriously though, that's possibly the cutest rabbit I've ever seen (DON'T you dare tell Tippy I said that).

Yay, I love that you named her that! That's my nickname. :D She is so cuuute!

And that means I go right to the head of the bun-napping list! :p Move over, Katie, she's MINE! heheh

MagPie wrote:
How do you pronounce that?

I just can't get over how cute she is. Like a little stuffed animal.
Ditto on the pronouncing of her name. She's a sweetie.

But I would still let a Vet look at her just to make sure. I always think better safe than sorry.

I don't understand!! why is her fur soo cool like that?!
She is soo pretty and I know katie took dips in napping her
and all... But I remember katie mentioning that she knows her limits on how many pets she can handle and as it was 2 was her limit :) sooo....... I guess I'd like to say
SHOTGUN! :)

Warning: MAJOR PIC SPAM
I can usually weed out the pics I don't want to post, but I just got so many great shots that I couldn't resist :biggrin:

Ariadne is quite the little lady! She's gorgeous and sweet to boot! Here's what I got out of her today. I think she's used to the fashion scene because she sat very nicely for me!

First, an update of her coat:

Slicked back
DSCN3737.jpg

Fluffed up
DSCN3735.jpg

DSCN3753.jpg

Cheeks <3
DSCN3740.jpg

I love her face in this one, haha
DSCN3743.jpg

And extras!
The fur on the bridge of her nose is pretty straight and sooo fun to rub
DSCN3739.jpg

DSCN3749.jpg

This is how she let me know she was done for the day,LOL. It needs a caption but I can't think of anything
DSCN3756.jpg

She's so sweet! Truly thanks for sharing the great pics!

I think the last one she's saying, "Ok enough with the camera Mom. I'm seeing spots." I've gotten that look too. lol

You're welcome ^_^. I just love sharing how she's growing and changing.

In a little over a week I'll be weaning the babies from mom, they'll be 6 weeks old. I'll keep the siblings together for another week and then send everyone but Ariadne back to the shelter. :)

Latest posts

Back