For the Love of Curls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokankai

Reaction score
I finally decided to start a blog for my little bunny "Curly" (which is a temporary name for a couple more weeks). I'll be calling Curly a "he" for now...but because, haha.

I first acquired Curly from the Humane Society of Utah when I got a desperate plea that they had received a mother rabbit and her kits and did not have a foster home to care for them. Seeing as I was on my way home with my OWN bunny (Theodore, my barely 3lb Holland lop) I almost turned it down. But of course I couldn't give up the chance to raise another litter of rabbits, so I agreed. They had the mama (a very poor quality black lionhead), her two 4 week old kits, and 4 4 day old kits. They actually had a THIRD litter at the shelter already that was a month older than the others. The runt kit passed the day after I brought them home, but the others have been thriving. I recently returned the two older siblings (Chester and Cecelia) after weaning them and now the other three are 3 weeks old.

Anyway, as Curly developed I noticed something was weird about his fur. It came in waves which was very different from his siblings' fur. As he's grown his curly locks have just gotten cuter and cuter and I decided to ask about adopting him. They said YES, and that's where we are today :).

They're only now starting to display their little idiosyncrasies, but so far Curly has been outgoing, friendly, and very playful. He loves playing with Theodore and I'm hoping bonding will go well when the time is right!

I've been taking pictures on a regular basis to track their development, and that's what I'll be sharing here!

Growth from 4 days to 3 weeks!

4 days
DSCN3276.jpg

1 week
DSCN3322.jpg

12 days
DSCN3377.jpg

13 days
DSCN3385.jpg

And then I lost count...haha
DSCN3539.jpg

DSCN3591.jpg

DSCN3588.jpg

3 weeks
DSCN3669.jpg

DSCN3641.jpg

I love love love him! So cute. Question how did the mon have two four week old babies? Did they get surrendered with her and then the shelter found out she was pregnant again?

She got turned in with 3 of her litters. One at 8 weeks, one at 4 weeks, and 1 at 4 days. My guess is that they didn't take the male out and she just kept getting pregnant over and over again :(

Bahaha, you'll have to pry him from my cold, dead fingers first!

I_Heart_Fraggles, you actually do have an advantage because I'm from Vancouver, Wa and will be moving back there :p

I have spoken with Sas who is having computer problems and can not visit the site right now. But we have decided to team up for the bun-napping of Curly. She is buying a truck and as soon as she has the big plastic bunny ears placed on the hood then we will be on our way. Can't wait till you get to Vancouver :)

Theodore is just so sweet with those little bunnies. Curls will have such a good big brother to show him a lot of things as Curls is growing up.

So glad for both of them.

K :)

Back