Blog for the Bun-Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, she's caged most of the time. She's let out for a few hours a day, but she lives in her condo most of the time. She tends to eat our carpeting and can escape from her exercise pen pretty quickly. Her condo is 75% carpeted, too. I don't know how she got them, either :?

Will said that he will be sad once she goes, but he will be OK. We tried to introduce Toby and Berry-Boo again, and Berry-Boo yanked a chunk of fur out of Toby. He's OK, luckily he's molting, so it looked worse than it was. I just don't think it's going to work :(

EDIT:

"Food? For me!?"

Nom nom nom!

OK, so, this evening is NOT going how I planned. I was going to make Korean bulgogi for dinner. It was going to be delicious. I was going to start it at 4:45pm. Will calls, he won't be home from work until 6:00pm. It is 6:15pm and he isn't home yet. :grumpy: Anyway...

I decided I was going to start making my pumpkin pie tonight (while cooking the bulgogi). The crust turned out all wrong (too much flour while rolling it out) and it kept crumbling. I added water, too mushy. More flour, more crumbles. I had started to preheat the oven before this. I smell something burning. Oh, great. I live with two guys, and I am terrified of what I will find on the bottom of the oven. I open the oven door and BLACK smoke billows out. I turn on the fan above the stovetop. It doesn't help. Ten seconds later, the fire alarm is going off at the end of the hall, I run and trip over my shoes into the wall, and the alarm is SHREIKING! Poor Toby (the bedroom door is open and has a gate) is right by the alarm, cowering under the bed, then racing around the room. I can't find a notebook to fan air over it for a few seconds, so I am deaf by the time the alarm stops. Hooray, tinitus!

The apartment is thick with smoke. I have to open the porch door (with no screens) to let some nice air in. Next, I will probably wind up with a raccoon in my apartment.

I try working with the pastry dough again. I almost had it, then it fell apart when I got it in the pie tin. I started screaming, stomping and cursing. I threw the dough on the counter, yelled at it, then through it back in the bowl.

I sat down and checked RO. Delusional's itteh bitteh bunneh binkeh committeh literally saved me from having a breakdown.

It probably doesn't sound like much, but this all happened within a fifteen minute time frame. I swear I am going to kill that pie crust later tonight. I will kill it dead.

First of all, Tobey and Berry-Boo are cute buns! I think Berry-Boo wants to stay with you ;)
Second of all, I have a gay roommate too, and he is hilarious and one of my best friends now.
Third, and lastly, I would KILL THAT PIE CRUST DEAD as well. It will make you feel better :p

I wound up going to Pick'N'Save and getting the frozen, pre-done, pretty-pressed crusts. Thank you, Pillsbury! :) BBUUTT... Because we dawdled so much, the pies are still baking! It's 10:58PM and there are at least 20 minutes left on the stupid things. Why couldn't my grandma just let me bring the Ocean Spray jellied cranberried? I'm good at making those! ;)

I am glad I don't really cook or bake :shock:! Did you ever find out what it was in the oven that was burning? I hope one of they guys weren't warming up their tighty-whities in there and forgotten a pair :p. The idea of pumpkin pie makes me wanna heave :?, glad it's you smelling it cook and not me. Did it turn out ok in the end?

I got excited just now when you said about ocean spray, we get that brand here yay! It's always stupidly exciting for me when I see I have access to something that someone so far away does, I'm such a nerd. Their bags of craisens are really espensive though, I think $6 for a teeny weeny little bag.

Toby is such a hunk, I love his colouring :inlove:.

Aww, thanks, NZminilops! I don't know your name, though :p:(

Why don't you like pumpkin pie? It's delicious! My aunt's foreign-exchange student from Cairo, Egypt liked my pumpkin pies! :D

Oh, and the mystery carbon-substance on the bottom of my oven is most likely cheese. SOMEONE named Will got a deep dish cheesy pizza the other night (it was delicious) but I think some of the cheese melted off. Eventually, we just turned up the heat and cooked the crap out of it. The pies turned out OK, though :D

Yeah, I only buy the jellied cranberries from Ocean Spray. I used to get their juice, but yeah... I just don't anymore...

Toby has been very good with his potty habits lately. I think I offended him by not giving him his early morning head pets like normal. I have left him out ALL day for the past week with no real problems. He peed on the carpeting twice, but it was right outside his litter box and it was only a small marker. Right now, he is standing guard on his round foot stool by the bed. He sits there and surveys "his" territory.

He also has made a habit of sitting near the open (cracked) window. It's been getting cold here, and I don't know if this is bad for him. He has PLENTY of other areas to lay, why would he go near the cold window? Does he like the cold or fresh air? Any ideas, anyone?

EDIT: Toby and his Santa-suit made it up there! Hehe! I'm so proud lol (and tired, don't forget tired!)

www.lolbunnies.com

I don't know your name either, I'm Michelle, I always think of you as Mrs Toby in my head! You replied in my blog where I said my name but I'm pretty forgettable.
:embarrassed:

I don't like pumpkin and can't imagine it in a pie :shock:! Pies should have steak and cheese or mince (ground beef?) and cheese, yum, and lots of black pepper sprinkled in :p. Here pies are normally small single serve things and you buy them at convinience stores and gas stations, they sit in hot oven things called pie warmers. Chicken and corn pies are yum, mmm, I wish I still ate meat :(.

I'm dying for some junk food so I'm skimming over the bit about the pizza before I cry and eat the laptop :p.

I'm glad Tobys' toileting habits are getting better! Not sure why he'd want to sit by the cold window, or why you even have a window open if you are cold, you strange punkin pie eatin' crazy people! :headsmack Sakura loves to sit at open windows too and smell the air, I think it's some sort of desire to get outside with her.

Ahh! As soon as you mentioned it, I remembered your name! DUH! I'm terrible with names. It took me a few months to remember all five of Will's siblings lol I'm Kelly, by the way lol (pleased to meet you! :p)

Pumpkin pies are like a sweet dessert :p It is basically pumpkin mush (puree) with egg sugar, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and evaporated/condensed milk. They are very tasty. Don't knock 'em until you've tried 'em! Most of our pies here are desserts (apple, cherry, blueberry, pumpkin, etc.) There is pot pie, which is chicken, veggies, goo, and crust. The goo is like a chicken broth sauce. I call it goo. Yeah...

It is 12:11AM, and all I can hear is Toby chewing on the bars of his cage... Here is our conversation...

Kelly: *click click click typing click click*
Toby: *click click click chewing click click*
Kelly: *click click* Toby, I swear...
Toby: *click click CLICK CLICK*
Kelly: I'm going to kill you!
Toby: ...
Kelly: That's better... *click click click*
Toby: *click*
Kelly: *click click click click click CLICK CLICK CLICK*
Toby: *click click CLICK CLICK CLICK thump*
Kelly: GAH! *throws balled-up sock at cage*
Toby: *click*

Ugh. I just gave up and gave him a treat to nibble on. As long as I am awake, he wants to stay out and party with me. :grumpy:

I am just going to make a separate post for these. I don't want the previous post to get too long... Yeah... More Berry-Boo!

Whatcha got there?

Vogue!

I disapprove of your captions...

Whatcha doin' over there?

Stretch and hold 2... 3... 4...

Whee!

Epic binky fail in 3... 2...

She has such dainty feet!

... AND under the couch again.

MORE TOBY!

"I'm helping mom sell stuff on eBay!"

"What did I do...?"

Perfect Toby pose...

"NO! You pay attention to THIS bunny!"

"Where did all my head scratchies go?"

Toby and his mini-dewlap (do males even get a "dewlap" or is that just extra skin?)

Toby is gorgeous and I will let you into a nethie secret the ones that are classed as big ugly does or bucks always have the best nature ;)He really is beautiful and when I was reading down i saw you saying you don't know what eye colour he has it will be blue/gray seeing as he is blue crossed with BEW :)stunning mismarks they are soooo cute :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Pumpkin in a desert :shock:, now I've seen it all :p. I do like spicey pumpkin soup though so not sure why I don't like pumpkin itself.

The binky pictures of Berry-Boo are so good :shock:, I can never get anything like that of Sakura :grumpy:. She has got lovely daiinty little feet hasn't she. Your comments for the pics are hilarious too, haha, I especially liked the strecth and hold one.

I have to agree with Polly about the Big Uglies having the best personalities :biggrin2:. Especially any that are blue in colour ;).

I know what you mean about the good in chicken pie, it's yum. A pie that's in some sort of dish with a pastry lid we call a hot pot.

Ohh, I'm hungry now! It's not even 3:00pm and I want to make dinner! It's jalapeno chicken fajitas! Will made me stop using habanero peppers for awhile. Jerk. It's made with marinaded chicken strips, red & green bell peppers, jalapeno rings, and then normal fajita fixings (tortillas, cheese, sour cream). It's a good, fattening American(ish) dish! The chicken is even marinaded in beer (and some other stuff). Talk about Wisconsin cooking (Milwaukee=lots of beer).

ANYWAYS, completely off topic. Back on the topic of fluffy cuteness. Here is the video of Berry-Boo playing in her Dr. Pepper box from awhile ago. I said I would post it, and then I forgot to.

Here it is! Her food bowl doesn't magically bang on the cage. I flicked it with my fingers to see if she could come out of the box. I thought she was stuck! Click to watch!

Image of her bum sticking out of the box...
100_6686.jpg

Hello! I just wanna say that I've been following your blog on and off and I LOOOOOOVE your bunnies!! I never seem to comment for some reason.... :?

I love the video of little Berry Boo in her box... she doesnt' look like she's getting very far lol!

Can I have them, please? :)

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Haha! You can have them if you can find them! :p

Berry-Boo LOVES her soda can boxes! We open both ends and she uses it as her own edible tunnel! Will has caught her flopped inside of a soda box and eating out of her food bowl! She had pulled the food bowl inside the lip of the box and was chowing away.

Berry-Boo ran out of water over the course of yesterday/last night. She was acting really groggy and I noticed her bottle was empty. I put a dish in there right away for her to drink from while I filled the bottle, and she shoved her whole face to the bottom of the bowl, whipped her head back up really fast, then looked at me like, "why'd you do that?" She snorted and got me all wet. :grumpy: None of it got up her nose, don't worry. She was just being weird. Funny girl...

She loves to burrow. The bottom of her NIC "tower" is nothing but a piece of fiberboard covered in towels. The towels aren't laid in there all nice or anything, we just throw them in there. She digs them out anyway and snuggles under them. She also does this with her fleecy blanket. She chewed a bunch of wholes in the blankie, though, so it's not a proper insulator!

Well hey hey we need a video of this towel digging and snuggling! That sounds like the cutest thing in the world! :D

LOL at her snorting the water.... That sounds like her best version of an elephant impression! :laughsmiley:

This is the NIC "tower" of hers. Her regular cage (2x2 panel cube) is on the right. We just added this 1x2x3 high tower onto her cage not too long ago. You can see her towels and igloo on the bottom.

This was from when we first let her go into the tower. She wasn't quite sure what to do on the ledges. She hung like this for quite awhile, batting her front paws back and forth before finally falling onto the next shelf. She stuck the landing, don't worry.

Oh, and this is just a present that my roommate got me from his Midwest Furfest thingy. It's TarePanda! ^_^

MORE VIDEOS!

Here is Berry-Boo nudging the camera (nudging is one of the things she is best at!)

This is her doing the "funny linoleum walk". She doesn't get around too well on the tile floor in the kitchen :p

Super-Cilantro nibblage! You might want to mute this or ignore Will and I talking to each other. Of course, Will has to be his eloquent self. *eye roll*

These are for you, Jen! :p

Berry-Boo making herself rather comfortable on the couch next to Will. Pardon the racket in the background. Will was watching "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". I think he is deaf sometimes... That obnoxious clicking is from my camera trying to auto-focus while recording. As for that annoying "beeping", those are my zebra finches!

More Comfiness!

Berry-Boo playing around on the back of the couch behind Will. Wait for the finale when she sticks her nose/tongue in his ear lol

... AND, as an added bonus... TOBY MINI-BINKIES!

:shock: Sorry for my horrible typing in my last post! I really need to wear my glasses when I'm on here:p.

I'm gonna watch the vids you posted :biggrin2:, might take me a few years but I'm gonna do it by hook or by crook:cool:.

--- Will was so lovely with Berry-Boo, that was beautiful, I had a tear in my eye! I'm so jealous, I wish Mat liked rabbits :?. Will also looks a bit like my ex but minus the freckles :p.

Michelle, that was a rare moment of Will sitting there with Berry-Boo. Actually, I kind of dumped her in his lap and laid back down on the love seat by myself! I picked up the camcorder once she started playing around by him (she definitely likes him better than me). She loves to groom his beard! It's so funny! :)

Did you try to make that pie yet? :p

I loved when Berryy-Boo was behind Wills' head and he was leaning back against her, then he turns and looks at her and leaned back again, don't know why but that was gorgeous.

No I haven't yet, it's been too hot to wanna use the oven, plus I have megalazyperson syndrome :p. I did print out the recipe you gave me though and looked at it a few times, so I'm almost nearly at the stage of doing something with it!

Back