Blog for the Bun-Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
I figured that I might want to update this since we have another bun in the apartment! Yup, we picked up our foster bun, Baraboo White, on Wednesday. I drove down to Gurnee, IL (TreasuredFriend drove, I was merely a copilot) and met up with the volunteer who brought Baraboo up from Chicago. She looks more like a mini-rex than previously thought. We originally guessed that she was an English Spot, due to her markings, but now I think she is a mini-rex.

I've been asked a lot already "what's with the goofy name?". Well, here's the story for those of you who may be wondering. Originally, we were told that our foster bun was going to be a "he". My boyfriend, Will, wanted to name him, and he chose "Bear" as the new bun's name. Will wanted to name him that BADLY. In May of this year, Will's best friend from high school (he went to high school in Michigan) passed away in a car accident. His friend's nickname was "Bear". I had wanted to name the bun "Baraboo" after the town in Wisconsin (near the Wisconsin Dells). Since "Bear" and "Baraboo" were close enough, we decided that Bear would be short for Baraboo. Will then added the "White" part on the end because he wanted to call him "Barry White" as another nickname *sigh*. Then, we got a call that said that "he" turned into a "she". We kept the name Baraboo White, but now call her "Berry-Boo" or just "Berry". I've caught Will calling her "Boo-Boo" once or twice :p. That's the story, in a nutshell.

Anyways, she's been adjusting well. Toby would not leave her alone (he would run out to her cage and hide under it), and she wanted to see what was running around under her cage. We introduced them, and there was no attacking, just a lot of "bunny lovin's". We separated them, but are feeling fairly good that they might bond and we could adopt Berry-Boo.

That's all I have for now! I will keep everyone updated! :biggrin2:

I promise I will post pictures once I can! My laptop is at Best Buy (jerks) and I can't get the pictures onto my roommate's computer from my camera. :grumpy:

Awesome! I can't wait for pics. Go poke Best Buy into fixing your laptop faster.:stikpoke

So how old is she? Is she in/past puberty? If not, her opinion of Toby might change once the hormones start flooding in. I really hope this works out though because it sounds like they're off to a great start.

Haha! I have TONS of pictures, but I am in a miniature holy-war with Best Buy (specifically the Geek Squad). I want to grab them by their little clip-on ties and kick them in the *cough* nevermind...

Here's some photos! :biggrin2:I got over to my mum's house to upload them! Enjoy!

This is Toby disapproving of me from under his cage.

Here's Berry-Boo in her carrier on the way up from Gurnee, IL.

Berry-Boo in her litter pan/bed. She decided it's her bed. :p

Toby cleanin' time! (to me, it looks like a DUCK AND COVER pose)

Berry-Boo in her igloo bed. Her stuffy (Moosey) is on the left.

Toby binkied!

Berry-Boo discovered her twin in the hall closet mirror.

She binkies too! I caught it at the end, so it just looks like she's running. :(

She has HUGE ears!

Oh wow! Is she ever beautiful! And she really does look like a rex. Maybe a Standard from the size of her ears? Those are the bigger ones, and IMO that means they're better. More to love.:p

How big is she next to Toby? She looks purebred to me, BTW, although as I've found you can get rex babies from normal furred parents if they both have the gene for it. I don't see any English Spot, she has a normal color pattern for "broken" aka multi-colored rabbits.

BTW the guy down the street from me works at Geek Squad, he drives one of those little Bugs even. So now you know where one lives...

Toby is just the cutest lil' bug!!!!:pMaybe that is the breed of rabbit I need next...so much personality and disapproval.

Berry looks awesome! What a pretty pattern on her back and face. She looks soft too!!! Maybe once Berry and Toby are bonded, they would like to come over for a visit ***places both buns on nabbing list***

myheart

Haha! I shall attack all Wisconsin Geek Squad members! Mwahahaha!:biggrin2: *cough* Nevermind...

Berry-Boo is about 3 1/2 months old (we figured) and she weighs 3.35 pounds. She was in at the vet on Thursday (09/11/2008). We were guessing Mini-Rex, and she's the same size as Toby. Her satellite ears make her look bigger lol. She's less fluffy, too. :p

At that age and weight, she might end up being a "maxi" mini rex, meaning that's her breed but she is large for it. Standard rexes, if I remember right, are more like 7 lbs. Or a cross between standard and mini because I know that happens sometimes too.

Whatever, she's still fantastically cute!

I had to add this, here's Toby's "satanic disapproval" look. Watch out for those hellfire bunnies! :p

P.S.: I almost felt my soul being ripped away from this disapproval.

Dang-it! Our foster-bun, Berry-Boo, is making our roommate itchy. He has been congested for awhile, but we noticed it after Berry-Boo got here. I don't know if it makes much of a difference, but I guess the rex hair might be making him itchy. This sucks. :(

please keep the photos comin' even if your roommate is itching. Could he have switched fabric softener?:p He's congested from something else I think...

Sept 15th disapproval; LOL. Yay Toby for his great actor talents! His white moufy lipstick smear is priceless.

Well, I dropped Berry-Boo off at the vet for her spay this morning. Julie was along with me and we will be picking Berry-Boo up tomorrow afternoon. I wish I could have got a picture of Berry-Boo at the vet. It was the ultimate in rabbit disapproval.

Thank you, MyHeart, for your concerns! :)

I got a call from Julie and she said that the vet said that everything went great! :D I'm relieved! Julie and I will be picking Berry-Boo up from the vet tomorrow afternoon! I know I am going to be snubbed and only see her butt for the next week or so :p

Of course, it's a few days after we finished her NIC run that attaches to her cage. I guess she'll have to wait, until she is all healed up that is, to binky! By the way, she does some of the highest binkies I've ever seen! She has cleared the back of our couches (no lie!) They are short couches, but still... I'll try to get a picture when she's able to run around again! :D

Edit: Also, I'm a jerk and bought Toby a Halloween costume at Target today. Will picked out one for Berry-Boo. I'm not going to say what they are, but I will post pictures once I get them! :devil

kherrmann3 wrote:
Edit: Also, I'm a jerk and bought Toby a Halloween costume at Target today. Will picked out one for Berry-Boo. I'm not going to say what they are, but I will post pictures once I get them! :devil

I wish we had a pouty-face smiley.... Then I could use it when I say with the most whiney voice possible, "I want a bunny that I can dress up!!!!!"

Can't wait to see the pics! :biggrin2:

myheart

myheart wrote:
I wish we had a pouty-face smiley.... Then I could use it when I say with the most whiney voice possible, "I want a bunny that I can dress up!!!!!
Ha! The key is to get a costume that they can't move their heads too much in, it saves your fingers lol. Trust me, Toby disapproves of the whole idea of being dressed up. He likes to burrow into my nice, clean clothes that I just folded, though. So, I guess he's a cross-dresser! :p

Edit: By the way, your Dutch buns are absolutely adorable in your avatar pic! :rofl::bunnyheart

I just wanted to give you an update! She's doing well tonight (so far). She has eaten pellets and hay, and has been drinking a lot of water. She has left some pellets in the litter pan, but I haven't seen any urine in there (she is sitting in the litter pan most of the time and eats the hay). Her tummy looked red (like blood) earlier so I took her out to look. It was just iodine or surgical goo from earlier. She didn't want to go back in the cage so she stayed out with me. I kept her cuddled in her towel and she napped on the couch with me. I had her tranced to check out her tummy earlier because of the red gunk. Everything looks good still. She seems happy and relatively pain free. I can tell she's a little out of it though. She is napping more than usual. I don't blame her. Poor baby.

Here's her post-op pictures. Don't worry, I took the flash off to not harass her :p
Stretchy Time!

Chillin' in the litter pan...

Can I help you?

Uhh... Hi?

Snuggled up in her favorite towel and relaxing on the couch with foster-mom.

AHH! I forgot Toby! (almost lol)

Here are his new photos!

No girls allowed!

I was folding the laundry and pairing up socks. He decided the socks were better off flung all over the floor, not in neat little piles.

"What? I'm helping."

Back