zuchinni

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
I searched around, but can't find anything about wether zuchinni is safe for the bunnies.

We always end up with way more than we need or can give away. I'd hate to waste it if I can give some to the buns.

Anybody?? Anything??

Thanks Jenn!!

We always grow too much. Even if we only put in a few plants.

Thanks for the link, too!! I've got to get my gardens started soon andI noticed a few things on the list that I used to grow before..."THEBUNS". We're gonna do a "just-for-bunnies" garden this year so I thinkwe'll add in some of the old favorites.

~Jim

lucylocket wrote:
what kind of vegetable is it

ive heard of it but dont no what it is

is it like kale as that is a sort of curly cabbage

varna xxxx
Hi Varna!

The green ones are zuchinni and the yellow ones are summer squash

Good post JimD........Good reply babybunnywrigley.

My wife couldn't fine the answer before either. But now we will try it with Pebbles.

Do you serve it peeled or unpeeled? :p

Rainbows! :D

So what are you putting in your bunny garden? Ihave started with spinach, leaf lettuce and parsley. Carrots don't growwell here for me. Also, I had read that you can let your rabbit "graze"in his own garden patch. I have an outdoor play cage to use for thisand have laid out the bunny garden patch to fit. However, Max isgetting to be pretty pudgy, will they overeat if you let them graze?

I'm planting all kinds of stuff this year --corn, sunflowers, peppers, carrots, lettuce, arugula, parsley, chives,peppermint, squash, peas, and zucchini. Hope i haven't leftanything out. :p I also got baby chicks, so I will have freshveggies and eggs this years -- yum.

Oh, don't forget rabbit poo makes a good organic fertilizer.

Jenni Chickens wontstart laying eggs till about August, , first eggs are alwasy thecutest there just s tiny lol and makefor wonderfull pickeled eggs!

Can rabbits eat peppermint? I have somethat keeps coming back every year. I use organic box and cage litterand dump all of it in our compost pile. My husband just dugout a big bunch and spread it in the garden. Looks like goodstuff this spring!

Jim and anyone else who would like to try this *

when Zuccini takes over andproduces an abundant crop , do whati do !!

Make Pickles ,

i use a sweet mixbrooth for them , cut youZuccini like you wold cucumbersfor sweet pickles ( sliced) I use Mrs Wages Sweet Pickle mix ,just follow the directions forthe broth set them upin canning jars as you wouldregular pickles , let set for a weekor more , refridgorate to chill, serve , My kids cant getehough of them , i put up 24 quarts ayear and by the timethe holidays come round iam out of them and have to settlefor store bought lol,I havent ried Dilling them yet,, thats this years project tose how they come out,

Also for a sideveggie dish , i take zuccini , summersquash , mushrooms , potatoes , onion,red or green peppers , a few smalltomatoes from the garden andput all this into a 2 lb bread pan ( alluminum,) with a enoughbutter , salt pepper , and a hint ofItalian seasoning, ( sometimes ialso use hot peppers ) , coverand set on the cool side of thegrill till cooked tendercrisp. then in thishouse i serve with a goodfrench bread or crusty rolls ,its also a great stand alone meal donethis eay too . Enjoy!

Jenni : No theytaste just like the big onesonly smaller , using them forpickling you can get more to a quart jarthan you can the bigger eggs , thats theonly difference ,

Itreat :, im not sure if Mintis good for rabbits iwill do a check and see what ican find,
I checked and accordingto the link posted above Mintis a bunny safe food! yeaaaa , now i kow where mineis ending up lol .

Latest posts

Back