zip it or no?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AquaticRex

Reaction score
ok. so i put down a bag of 100 zip ties and went and set up a new NIC cage for my bun, since he's going to have to go back in tomorrow and i want to have it ready. well it is 3 length, 2 wide, and 3 high (the height is only for now). well the magic disappearing zip ties went missing as soon an my thief of a room mate moved out (why he would need the ties i have no clue. and yes i know he took them since i found the bag with my initials in his closet when i did a room clean). so my question is do i absolutely need to zip tie it all together? or is the connectors ok for now? cause i've literally met my allowable budget and can't get any more for another week.

As long as the connectors are tight they should be fine for now. Korr's cage has the connector with some zip ties mostly on the shelves. It has been sturdy for at least 2 years since I last re did it. His cage is 2X3 and 4 high, so yours should be fine.
You still might want to put some zip ties on it for security when you get the money for them.

Most dollar stores do sell zip ties, usually in a 60 pack for about $1. Be careful as some are not as good as others, but they are cheap. Sometimes the brand is the same as the ones at hardware stores. Bring the package or write down the brand details and see what is avaliable near you. Zellers also seems to have $1 packs too.

all 10 of my buns are in NIC cube cages that have been built ,..,,then broke down ...rebuilt a dif way...broke down ...repeat...repeat...its been trial and error for us..if ur only using the connectors you have to be so careful if u bump the cage...our 60lb dog came running into the house,slid across the floor and pretty much took out the Nic cage that she ran into..thank god my bun wasnt hurt just scared the poop outta him..hehe..like the other poster said temporarily for now yes it will work..but PLEASE PLEASE dont leave it like that..i have even popped some of the connectors apart on accident when i opened up the door for them to come out...so all the cages that still have the connectors on them have also been reinforced with zipties now,,,]
every cheap pack of zipties that i have bought have broke either when i zipped them or within a week of using them..believe it or not i even bought a bad batch at home depot...i have the best luck with the black zipties that they sell in the automotive dept. of walmart,..,dont buy em from any other section..cuz they are dif..
.good luck with ur build:)

yea there is no way i'm leaving it like that. the first think i plan on buying is zip ties. if a certain someone didnt have sticky hands then i wouldn't have this problem. funny thing is, my door has a lock on it, i'm curious on how that certain someone got in... and i don't mean the door handle lock. i have a pad lock on my door cause of ppl poping it open before.

Latest posts

Back