ZEUS HAS ARRIVED!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We pulled into the driveway just minutes ago.....its been a LONG day.....

Zeus' travel crate is in the living room right now and he's curious and looking all around - trying to decide if he's willing to jump out. I really want to play with him but I have so much to do right now to feed bunniies, etc.

We drove over 870 miles round trip .... and he's worth every single mile (those who know me - know I HATE HATE HATE car trips with a passion).

What Zin didn't share was that she and her hubby treated us to lunch at Chili's (I'm tired - I hope I spelled that right) and then they waited with us and kept me from falling apart and then he took oodles of pictures. I'm dying to go through all of them and decide what to share...

I'll write more in a bit - but right now - I have hungry bunnies going, "Feed me, I'm yours...". I don't think it would make a good impression on Zeus for his first night at home if he had to listen to everybun's tummy rumble...

Peg

You're so awesome Peg, I am so happy that this all worked out well and you got your special guy home with you safe.

This thread is giving me a bad case of watery eyes and warm fuzzy feelings :tears2:, I'm gonna leave it before I burst into (happy) tears and get all soppy on you guys!

Oh Peg!! He is so beautiful! I am glad you guys had a safe trip and are once again home! Keep us posted on how things go!!

Robin and Art are working on rabbits right now while I work on telling today's adventures....

First of all - Art was up at 3:30 am and I got up at 4:15 am. The goal was to be on the road by 5 am for what we thought would be a 7 hour trip to Beaumont....I was allowing us 8 hours to get there so we could stop a couple of times.

As it turns out - we were out the door at 4:55 am and we were thrilled at the early start.

The trip was mostly uneventful. I drove maybe 100 miles - but Art drove the majority of the trip. We didn't plan on having to detour from the interstate into downtown Houston....that was NOT fun at all. But we still made it to Beaumont early for our meeting with Ivory.

Ivory however...had some delays (I think there was construction on their end)....I just checked my cell phone and it was 2:41 when she called us and was almost at the entrance (they could see it when she called).

I'd been doing pretty good at hiding my feelings - but I was a nervous wreck inside. Fortunately, after we'd arrived in Beaumont, we hung out with Zin and Richard and the conversation mostly kept my mind off Zeus...mostly.

As I explained to Art early on in the trip....something Tiny had taught me is that animals have feelings of their own...and that sometimes animals just don't like certain people (we had a french lop doe we rescued that hated us - but loved the family that adopted her from us). I was concerned about ... what if Zeus didn't care for us? He'd still have a home with us....and we'd do all we could for him and love on him...but could we make him happy?

Secondly - would I be able to love him after having loved Tiny?

Ivory pulled up and I was so anxious to see him - but really really scared. Still yet - once I opened up his crate and saw his sweet face....I knew I was hooked.

I knew in that instant that while Zeus would never be Tiny and he could never fill Tiny's footprints.....he would definitely make footprints of his own in my heart. I'm already certain that is true.

Zeus did great on the way home. For the first hour he was like a nervous little kid...standing up and then sitting back down and then standing back up again. He wanted to see and sniff everything....as long as he didn't think we were watching him.

Then - about 100 or so miles into the trip - I decided to hold him for a couple of minutes to see how he would do. He was so scared....that I put him back in his crate right away....and he relaxed and slept most of the way home. He curled up under Sasha (the big stuffed bunny Art got me last week) and sometimes he'd move around and I'd see her butt go up in the air.

Right now he's extremely curious - I fear we're in for trouble. While I was typing this and Robin and Art were working on something - he jumped or climbed the two NIC high panel into the rabbitry and was hanging out with the girls. He went outside on the porch and started marking things and when I went to try and catch him - he wanted the girls to hide him. I suspect some of them were considering it.

I put him back in his crate (Robin says I did - I don't remember it - I remember taking him out of the rabbitry but I'm wiped out)....and he's standing up now looking at us mournfully (or that is the way he looked at me a couple of minutes ago.

I haven't yet let him near Miss Bea - largely because I need to be available to referee them if need be.

I will share the photos tomorrow - not sure if I'll post them here or on Zeus' blog.

To all of you who said he reminds you of Yofi....after seeing his escapade into the rabbitry after only being in the house less than an hour....I tend to think y'all may be right....

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
I knew in that instant that while Zeus would never be Tiny and he could never fill Tiny's footprints.....he would definitely make footprints of his own in my heart. I'm already certain that is true.

Thats beautiful, Peg. I know this was the right decision for you. I hope you two will really bond, you need eachother. Hes a very lucky guy.

Congrats again and I cant wait to see more pics tomorrow!

I knew it! I told you when I saw his phtoo, he was going to be the one! That dollbaby is going to be something else!

I'm so happy that he found himself some "friends" already LOL!

I cannot wait to hear of his adventures as he settles into his life with you.

Glad you all had a great day also! Sounds like fun plus I love Chili's! YUMMY!

Just now seeing this.

HOORAY beautiful pictures, beautiful bunny! I can't WAIT to see what happens next with this big cuddle bunny!

Congratulations on a safe trip and a happy bunny homecoming!

Can't wait to hear more stories!

Tracy

:pinkelepht::pinkbouce::inlove::yes::happyrabbit::woohoo:wiggle:agree:thumbup:bunny18:bunnyheart:heartbeat::party0002::bunnieskiss:big kiss::clapping::yahoo:

I cropped these so I am hoping they won't be too big for the forum - I hated to make them small so you had to click on them....

Sorry they're in such a mixed up order....but right now - I'm tired..

I actually did a close up on this of just Zeus and I - but I love the picture of Emily and her boyfriend here....and seeing them smile as they watch Zeus and I really made me feel good when I saw this photo...
croppedagain2286575135_2e04991d8b.jpg

Zeus isn't sure how he feels about his new digs for the trip home....he wants to check things out...
cropped2287398482_7188dc1c30.jpg

I wish we'd gotten more of Emily's boyfriend here....but I love this photo of Emily... Last night I realized I didn't have a thank you card for her - so I made one from one of Tiny's photos and explained in it that Tiny was one in a million - but so was Zeus - and I was so thankful for her help in getting him to us.
cropped2287395324_90ef226884.jpg

It's always nice to know that one kid (Robin) won't be jealous of the new baby....
cropped2287394184_c6b4d96f29.jpg

This is the close up of the shot up above...
cropped2287364230_9b1b7db477.jpg

I just can't resist all these photos - sorry the thread is so picture heavy....and I HATE myself in pictures too and never share pictures (usually) if I'm in them...
cropped2287361656_87ed7172ce.jpg

This is how Zeus traveled to us from Emily....and I almost brought a carrier that size but I was worried it wouldnt' be big enough. When I went to get a medium sized carrier - they were out of stock - and the large ones were above my price range.

While we were driving in Houston traffic, I wished I'd had the better carrier and made a mental note to budget for one before Zeus has to visit a vet or something...
cropped2287351564_d6e60b1cdf.jpg

I was so excited to see my boy coming....even though when Emily took him out of her car - I don't think I really felt like he was "mine" yet...
cropped2287347578_3192fac24e.jpg

Zeus is thinking about his accomodations...did he get upgraded to first class? Hmm...
cropped2286609353_f1658977cd.jpg

I know I have a lot of pictures of me holding Zeus - but the fact is - when we'd go to hold Tiny - he'd bite and claw. That was the only "bad" thing about him...we could only hold him for about 30 seconds before he fought - and we'd have to use one hand to hold his head down. I think it was because when we got him - he'd only been picked up and held for getting checked to see if he was show quality or not and I remember thinking the breeder seemed "rough" with his rabbits.

Zeus....well...he's not totally a snuggle bunny but I don't have to worry about bites...so far!
cropped2286603481_82269c4e53.jpg

One of the things Zin remarked on was the size of Zeus' nose....I just love the look of his flemish head....and his nose.
cropped2286598823_5629a51180.jpg

Do I gotta put him down for the ride home?
cropped2286597537_d88c5b9177.jpg

He is starting to get a bit nervous here - so I'm holding him down a bit to calm him before putting him down.
cropped2286593565_d3dc5c4792.jpg

Ah....we get to see Zin....who didn't want to be in the photos....
cropped2286592149_bb4e87794a.jpg

I had to take a picture of him for Auntie Rosie and send to her email addy. I love the look on his face...
cropped2286590683_84ecbba51e.jpg

Craisin? You're offering me a craisin? (hint: he didn't take it - probably a bit too stressed)
cropped2286588041_4ea76a5008.jpg

This was before I held him - I think it was starting to become real that he was "mine"....I was about in tears (or in tears - not sure now). It was at the point that I uncrated him from his kennel that I realized....I could love both him and Tiny - and it would be ok.
cropped2286586579_bb8b11b3b8.jpg

I suspect there's gonna be a lot of this going on in the future...
cropped2286575135_2e04991d8b.jpg

I'm sorry - I just can't get over how much he let me hold him....
cropped2286572561_6996b521fb.jpg

Giving his new mom "the butt" for the first time....
cropped2286568721_2772c63cb8.jpg

Hey - you mean I can get out of here and stretch my legs?
cropped2286567663_8f48345f54.jpg

I don't know....this place smells different...
cropped2286566475_4d89dfb4b8.jpg

Peg

Beautiful photos. You should start a scrapbook for him.

He's such a beautiful boy- I didnt realize how big he was from his original pics. His face reminds me so much of Apollo. Hes just gorgeous.

:hug:to all for making this happen!

I am so incredibly happy for both you and Zeus! I don't think I've ever seen a rabbit fit so perfectly in someone's arms.. it's just amazing!

This has made my night :hearts.

Doesn't he look like he's meant to be there?! He's precious! You know how they say that animals look like their owners? Well, I gotta say that he looks like Peg. He just fits with her! honestly!

ALSO: I can't believe Zin said something about his nose! I was looking at the photos she posted last night of him and said to myself "OMG Look at that big kissable nose!"

Wait - did I just say he looks like Peg and he's got a big kissable nose....... ? LOL!

AND IVORY, you are so sweet to have gotten him to Peg. We have some really amazing people here. Thank you so much! :hug:

Spring wrote:

I am so incredibly happy for both you and Zeus! I don't think I've ever seen a rabbit fit so perfectly in someone's arms.. it's just amazing!

This has made my night :hearts.

What I said was *Look at his nose, I have never seen a rabbit nose on such a large scale*

All of my rabbits are considerably smaller...

I left the meet and greet wanting a big giant rabbit nose of my own..

I thought it was funny/interesting thatyou said something because that's what I noticed first thing! I just love that nose! I knew it wasn't a bad thing!

So did you get to kiss that nose?

wow, Ijust sawthis!

I must say, I am sooo misty eyed seeing Zeus in mommies arms. I am sooo very happy for you Peg. May you enjoy endless great memories together. :hug:

Oh and WoW, he is GORGEOUS!!! Can't wait to hear more about him!

GoinBackToCali wrote:
What I said was *Look at his nose, I have never seen a rabbit nose on such a large scale*

All of my rabbits are considerably smaller...

I left the meet and greet wanting a big giant rabbit nose of my own..
I suspected that if Zin saw a flemish giant - particularly one that had been socialized - she might wind up wanting one.....

I wish I could explain what it is about this breed......(I know we all have different "favorite" breeds so please understand I'm not saying that flemish are better than others. They're just better than others for me!).

Peg

I have some idea of what you mean, Peg.

Bo is so soft and cuddly and a brat sometimes also like a lap cat or small dog.

Tony is sometimes cuddly but big and more of a gentle, sweetie like a big dog might be.

Latest posts

Back