Zeko and Checkers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
Back last fall I was having terrible luck with breeding which started a year before. I decided I had to at least take a break. I kept Candy, Mousse, Becca and Almond.Candy had just turned 4 years old and had changed, she got very calm and sweet which was not her at all. All signs pointed to uterin cancer, personality change, lack of energy and constantly getting sickand nothing was able to be done but make her comfterble. She died about 4 months after changing but we believe she had had it since she went sterile two years ago. I had planned her last litter but she never got pregnant so she movd inside.

Last month I decided to get back into breeding if all went right. I shopped around for breeders however everyone with quality holland lops had quit within a few hours of me but one. I contacted her and after a week I picked Z(zeko) and Chess(checkers) and we met.

Z is that loveable, calm, kind and layed back buck everyone loves. He is so tiny and adorable, luff. Chess is crazy :twitch:Not mean but all over the place. She tries to fly when you pick her up, yep, I own a flying bunny!

Yes, I got them for potential breeding however it all depends on what happens with them. I also plan to get 1-2 more holland lops for breeding in june from a great breeder I know.

Z, short for Zeko, shaded tri color holland lop. Very gangly

febz1.jpg
febz2.jpg
febz3.jpg

Chess, I am not much for the name Checkers, shaded harliquin holland lop. From THF saynora sire. Very gangly

febchess1.jpg
febchess2.jpg

Samantha

When I saw I had a chance for tri color I had to take it. Chocolates and tri colors are my favorites in holland lops. I have a broken chocolate doe which I plan to breed but she is a bit older and it has been almost a year since she had babies so I am close to saying no.

I will get more pictures tomorrow if weather permits. My cousin is coming up to help me repair and put the hutches, at least one of my three five hole hutches, so I might be busy all day. Got to disenfect everything afterward too. The hutches are one 2' x 2' hole andfour 1'8" x 2' so the four small ones will be opened into two big ones.

They are cute! My two new Hollands have THF Saynora does and bucks in their lines and I am looking forward to see what we produce when Juno is old enough.

I love the picture of Z with his head down.

Denise

Latest posts

Back