yummmy yummmy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boo

Reaction score
hi all!

i was wondering what's yourrabbit's favourite food:D

can you tell what does your bunny likes to eat the most?

i have found out that Ethel is crazy about petersilla and carrots:)

and a question.... how much carrot can a 3-4kg rabbit eats a day?

thx in advance

Hi Boo...nice to meet you! I have a question foryou, too: What is petersilla? I live in Canada but haven't heard of ithere (it could be I'm just not familiar with it).

My rabbits seem to love the flat-leafed Italianparsley betterthan any other green - well, almost. Carrot tops are probably tied forfirst place when it comes to their preferences. After that they loveRomaine lettuce, kale, carrots, apples, etc. However, some ofthesethings I feed sparingly. Carrots and apples tend to behigh in sugar content, so I feed them as a treat rather than a dailysupplement. They might get half a carrot each two or three times aweek, and half an apple (without the core/seeds) maybe once a week.Kale and Romaine they will get three times a week, and carrot tops andparsley (not the curly type, they don't seem to like that) they willget almost every day if I have it on hand. They also get unlimited haydaily, along with their rabbit pellets.

What kind of rabbit is Ethel? She sounds about the same size as my two rabbits. :)

BlueBelle loved bananas,lettuce, andcarrots as well as some dried cranberries (crasins). CupCake well, itshard to figure out which is her favorite food. She eats everything. Butshe really seems to be a fan of bananas, pineapple, lettuce, carrots,crasins, and sometimes broccoli. You know it might be easier to listwhat she doesn't like, which right now seems to be cucumber. She stillate it but she didn't seem to like it all that much.

Lissa

thanks bassetluv:)

petersilla is simmilar to carrots, but you rarely use the root, maybefor soups. more likely the upper part is used as a spice to soups andother dishes. upper part of it i also feed to Ethel:Di maynot know the right expression, but i was pretty sure it is calledpetersilla:?

i dont know which breed she is... she has one ear up and the otherdown, but if she wants she can raise both ears up... erm.... i betterpost a picture of her right?:Di will during the nex week because i donthave digital camere now:(but she is the same colour as thislittle fella:headflick:

No...never heard ofpetersilla before.Maybe it's something native to your country? Or it could be calledsomething completely different here...

The bunny icon you posted is of a Dutch rabbit...the Dutch has thosedistinct marking patterns and can come in many colors...your girl couldbe a cross. I hope you can get the chance to post pics of her; wouldlove to see what she looks like! :)

Devon and Amber love mint, basil, parsley, craisins, and papaya tabs.

ahhhh i feel stupid now:whatevah

parsley! in english is called parsley!:ideai checked on google to see how it looks like...

oh my oh my.... i tought it is called petersilla...

ok ok i will hide myself now:D

I've never tried parsley. But judging by howmuch your rabbits like it I think I'll give it a try with CupCake andsee if she likes it too.

Boo~ Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes. And when you come out of hiding could we see some pictures of Ethel?

Lissa

Boo wrote:
ahhhh i feel stupid now:whatevah

parsley! in english is called parsley!:ideai checked on google to see how it looks like...

oh my oh my.... i tought it is called petersilla...

ok ok i will hide myself now:D

My buns love parsley! And don't worry about not knowing thename. From where you live, I would guess English is not yourfirst language. You're much better than I am with German!

LOL...don't feel silly Boo...there's tons ofherbs and veggies here that I either am not familiar with, or they goby more than one name. Well, your bunny would be right at home withmine then...parsley is right at the top of the list! (btw, I kinda likethe name petersilla better; just makes it sound more elegant somehow :))

My buns like:

Apple

Carrots

Lettuce (they'd eat a whole head, if I let 'em!)

Parsley

Guinea pig food
(it's really cute. they'll eat from the piggies' bowl, piggies will eat from the buns' bowl...) :)

BunBun will eat just about anything, but heespecially loves carrots (or course), cilantro, baby bok choy, andbananas (I'll occassionally let him have a couple nibbles off ofmine!) Mallory is more picky, but she loves the carrots too!

Pipp HATES parsely. She acts like I'moffering her a cat turd.

Her favourite food (by far) is oats. I give them to hersparingly, one flake at a time and she's bouncing off thewalls. She'san oat junkie.

I'm weaning her off pellets and getting her to eat mostly veggiesbecause she seems to behaving urinary tractissues. Her favourite veggie at themoment (that she's allowed to eat) seems to be cauliflower.She also likes bok choy. (She loveskale,brocoli, carrotsand carrot tops,butshe can't have much of those). She'll eatromaine, but doesn't love it. She hates spinach, but likescollard greens (which she also can't have due to the calcium content).

I just tried her on beet greens and chard, but her enthusisam is lessthan overwhelming. She liked the sunflower and pea sprouts(which I hope are good for her, haven't looked that up).

She's not much on herbs -- no go on dill or mint, anyway. Nobunny here really likes herbs.

And of course she loves anything sweet. She gets a tiny bitof apple as a treat. (Oh, and she won't eat hay :disgust:)

Dill doesn't like any veggies, although I can get him eating some leafythings with stems, like parsley, sprouts, carrot tops and a bit ofdill. I think beforeI got him, he'd neverbeen given any veggies. He doesn't seem to know what theyare. (He's almost three, he had a rough start in life).

Dill'sformer next door neighbour, Darry (she was in the cagenext to him, but theynever bonded), got the hang oftheveggie thing right away. She's in 7th heavenaround here. Eats everything (exceptzuccini). Or at least I think she does.She's bondedwith Radar, so theyshare.They trade off nicely -- what she doesn'tlike, he does and vice-versa. (Except zucchini.Nobody eats the zucchini).

Radar's favourite food seems to be hay, and he's gotDarrywolfing it down as well. Radar's taught her well. :)

Sherry, the foster bun,doesn'tseem to be much ofaveggie eater, either. She mostlywantsher (cheap) pellets. Butshelikeskale. Alot.She'll also eatparsley andjust a fewof the leafy greens. And a bit ofcarrot. (She won'ttake anything out ofmyhand, oddly enough, although she lovesher pets!).

They all love their apples. :)

sas :), pipp :bunny19, dill :bunnyheart,darry& radar :toastingbuns, and sherry :bunny24 thefosterbun

Mocha looovvess her carrots, she only get onebaby carrot a day, but she goes crazy for it, is that too much carrotfor her? And she loves her alfalfa and romaine andcilantro!! But if she is hungry enough she'll eat anything!

bbgrl20 wrote:
Mocha looovvess her carrots, she only get one baby carrot aday, but she goes crazy for it, is that too much carrot forher? And she loves her alfalfa and romaine andcilantro!! But if she is hungry enough she'll eat anything!
It's always best to rotate all the veggies so you don't feed them anyone thing for more than three days in arow,andcarrots would fall underthat. They are high in sugar so they're notrecommended as a steady diet item, anyway, and only as a treat if yourbunny gets other things with sugar or if she's overweight. :)

sas and the warren:) :bunny19l :bunnyheart :toastingbuns :bunny24

Pipp wrote:
Herfavorite food (by far) is oats. I give them to her sparingly,one flake at a time and she's bouncing off the walls.

Reminds me when Pebbles was younger..... I would give herOxbow Bunny Basic/T one pellet at atimeas rewards, and for her to get use to us.

Pebbles loves any type of treats. Any fruits likeapples, bananas, papayas and watermelon.Vegetables she would go for the soft andgreen leafs but leave the stembehind. Too much vegetables gives her asoft stool though. Carrots are a favorite,but toomuch carrots makes her pee a orange/reddish colour.
Hay is not a favorite, but she will eat it as a last option.

Then there are oats, sunflower seeds,papaya tablets,anything containing Alfalfa,craisens, andZupreem AvianMaintenanceParrot FruitBlend Food.

As Buck would say, "Yeah, the sound of them chompin' away at the nuggets is worth any price, isn't it?LOL."

Rainbows! :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Reminds me when Pebbles was younger..... I would giveher Oxbow Bunny Basic/T one pelletat a timeas rewards, and for her to get use to us.
Figures that yet again Pebbles would be the perfect bunny for thesething. :rollseyes: I can't get anyof mybrood to eat the pellets that are good for them.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Then there are oats,sunflower seeds,papaya tablets, anythingcontaining Alfalfa, craisens,andZupreem AvianMaintenance Parrot FruitBlendFood.

Heh! Better watch it, she might fly out of her pen!Oh wait, do parrots fly? Well, maybe she'll start talking toto you!

sas and the warren:) :bunny19l :bunnyheart :toastingbuns :bunny24

Latest posts

Back