Yours, Mine, and Ours

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LedaHartwood

Reaction score
Like the Brady Bunch, I’m sure some couples came into their relationships with some baggage. Furry, scaled, or feathered baggage.

Anyone have a roommate, partner, lover, or just any significant other that you own pets with? And that you own a separate pet that is yours, or they have a baby that is specifically theirs?

When Curtis and I started dating, he already had his dog, Minnie, a Chihuahua. I had my cat, Aurora. Almost classic?

Here’s my list------ It’s a long one. Though I’m sure some people here could beat me...

*MINE-
(Cat) Aurora
(Bunnies) Little Brother, Mya, Piper, Frankie
(B.M.kingsnake) Kane
*HIS-
(Dog) Minnie
(Bunnies) Orion, Ginger, Juniper
(C.S.kingsnake) Loch
*OURS-
(Bunny) Xaiver
(Cat) “New Kitty”
(Dog) Aiden

We're still in debate as to who owns Crusoe........ We both want to be greedy with our love and claim him....

I came into my current relationship with Tony, and shortly thereafter got Muffin. The bf decided he wanted his own bunny(ies) and got Benjamin in June. I got two hammies in June, and I said one was the bf's except all he did was name her (Ms. Piggy). Mine was Petunia. Poor Ms. Piggy died in September, and I got another hammie to be Petunia's friend (of course they hate each other, so they live mostly separate lives), who is Munchkin. Then (and I feel guilty for saying it here, because I've been meaning to make an announcement but haven't because I haven't had time to take pics yet), the bf got a little lady friend for his Benjamin, a little black otter nethie that he adopted last Sunday! She is currently being called "Frijol/Frijoles" or "Frita/Frida." So we have lots of animals, but none are "ourse," they're just "yours" or "mine." I think it's funny that I've given the bunny addition to my man!

Ahh, poor Will. He had some family pets (dog, cat, budgie) when he lived in Michigan. When he moved here and lived with our roommate's parents, they had a cat (that looks IDENTICAL to his parent's "Sly", but their cat is named "Abu").

By the time we moved in together, here was what our respective "crews" looked like.

I came with...
- Tobias L. Bunny
- Scooter, the three-legged dwarf hamster
- 46-gallon freshwater fishtank
- 38-gallon saltwater fishtank

Will came with...
- Little Fish Guy, the red betta-fishy
- some very obscenely shaped cacti
*Note = the fishy and cacti were gifts from me. He said he was lonely lol*

Our roommate, Sean, came with...
- Beastie, the dwarf hamster (one of my babies from a litter. Scooter was a half-sibling.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NOW, this is our crew....

Mine!
- Tobias L. Bunny; rabbit
- Squishy; lop-sided-face dwarf hamster (Scooter's younger brother)
- 46-Gallon freshwater fish tank
- 15-gallon saltwater fish tank (downsize!)
- Oscar; by bright blue betta-fishy

Will's
- Little Fish Guy

Ours (Will's and Mine, respectively (by name))
- Berry-Boo; foster-bunny
- Scooter & Ms. Peepers (Roborovskii dwarf hamsters)
- Psycho & Meepers (Zebra finches)

I am pretty sure that is it! lol

Well with us it seems to depend on the day, when they are bad they're all mine. When they're cute, Robert claims the Biscuit and the dog.

I came into the relationship with Fluffy, my 6lb cat. I've had her for 14 years. The rest I would call ours. Even though I had to do a ton of begging to get him to let us have them!

I came into the relationship , at the time, with a love bird, gosh i miss him still to this day. Hubby came into the relationship with nothing. Now he only claims one of the dogs as his,lol, and the rest are mine, he says i wanted them. The cats are mine i wanted them , the rabbits and lizard are mine, i wanted them, sometimes the kids are just mine too,lol!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Well with us it seems to depend on the day, when they are bad they're all mine.
You get that, too? Will is notorious for saying that. Even if they aren't being naughty, he'll just start crabbing about "too many animals"... Is there such a thing? (I understand crazy-cat-ladies have too many, well, crazy-insert-animal's-species-here-ladies have too many "babies" in general).

They're here, too bad for Will :D

I came with:

Bo my blue tongue skink (mine)

Jax my leopard gecko (his)

Kashi my dog. (I got her 3 days before my wedding) (his)

InJuly he before we got married in oct he got:

Ringo (who became mine instantly)

Samantha (who became mine after I moved in since than she passed away.)

Ours:

Connor (MINE)

Teresa (ours)

Dallas (ours)

Elvis (MINE)

Wyatt (his)

Logan (mine)

Elijah (his)

Mace (his/RIP)

Merlin (mine)

Chibi (MINE)

Apple (ours)

Now if we seperated they all go with me but he gets visitation as long as he continues to help support them. Yes we have discussed it.

They are all mine :p. Ryan loves our pets, but he definitely isn't a fanatic.

Dog: Actually, Sammy is both of ours...but I do most of the work of taking care of him. Sammy is such an easy dog. We have a dog door, so we don't have to take him out. I just basically have to feed and water him, and that's it, lol! We both play with him. Ryan calls Sammy "our son" :D.

Cats: Zaide (our kitten, RIP) was Ryan's. Juju is most definitely mine and is a mama's boy. This new kitty we got tonight, well, we will see who he belongs to, lol!

Rats: Mine, mine, and all mine. Ryan is allergic to them when they scratch him, so he steers clear of them. It makes me sad, but they just aren't his "thing".

Bunnies: Mine! Brody "was" Ryan's...he picked him out at the local fair last year, but he quickly let the novelty wear off...so Brody Naughty Bunny is mine. Morgan and Marlin were mine from the start!

Oh, we also didn't have pets when we got together. Well, I did have a betta fish that lived 3 years, named "Blub Blub" (RIP), but Ryan's mom basically stole him from me :p.

When we got together in Sept 2005 (and for the 2 years after that...)

Me: no pets!

Him: no pets!

We got Mouse and Chalk together, as very much a joint purchase, in Oct 2007. We both fell equally head over heels with them and they were both 'ours'.

Then in January 2008 we got Barney and Snowy. We both knew we were ready to get more bunnies but hadn't decided which or where from. We had seen Barney and Snowy who had been in the adoption section at P@H for nearly 3 months, and Steve was all for getting them. They were all he talked about! I wanted them too but was scared of them being too old and not adapting to our household... (needless to say, they did!!)

Anyway- now we have 4 rabbits and they belong to both of us. We actually fight over them at times! "Chalk says she wants to hug me" "No, she wants to hug me!" etc, etc....

We have discussed splitting up, should it ever happen, and we would both build the same cages in our new places and would have one week/2 weeks with the bunnies, then the other person would have a week... in theory anyway, that's how we have it worked out! It's my biggest fear that one day we'll have a big row and he'll take them lol!! But luckily, I don't see us splitting up any time soon :)

Steve and the bunnies are my family.... :):):):):)

Aww, that's so cute that everyone has a "joint custody plan" just in case of an unfortunate event. If Will and I were to split, I'd get everyone, no "child support" either :grumpy: He'd probably just take his betta.

Let's see, I came into the relationship 2 1/2 years ago with the two tiels (Arthur and Luca). The other pets are the bunnies Rory (mine), Skyler (mine), Phoebe Mae (mine) and the new cockatiel, Harley (mine). Okay I guess they're all mine! Thanks for putting up with them all, dearie :big kiss:

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Okay I guess they're all mine! Thanks for putting up with them all, dearie :big kiss:
They should make that into a Hallmark card.

"Thanks for dealing with my pets, Darling. Now go get that pooper-scooper!"

I came with a redfoot tortoise, Rosie.

We adopted our pair together. They seem to like me a little more than they like him. At least, Amelia tolerates me better, I don't know if she "likes" anyone but Nick. Nick will allow me to pet him on occasion, but won't let husband touch him. Amelia is a very naughty girl, and each time she does something, I get to hear, "guess what YOUR rabbit did?" Then I "punish" her by giving her pets and loving on her.

Tobi gives husband kisses, but not me. She is more likely to bite me than him. She is most definitly "his."

I suppose if we ever split up, he would get Tobi, and I would take Nick and Amelia.

ermmm...does my non-bf includingfamily count:p?

~Mine~

Jamie

12 gallon freshwater fish tank-2 angels, 2 danios and 3 panda corys

~ours~

Pickles

and

Prince(both cats)

Pickles is 11 so he might have died by the time i leave. Prince is 7 1/2 and very much *my* family kitty-he likes me best, sleeps with me, etc. he's the cat i trust so much that i'll put my hand in his carrier t drag him out even if he's hissing. it still hasn't been decided if i'll get to take him, but by the time i have some where to take him to Em will probably have a cat of her own and she can just stuff it, i needs my baby(i'm glad they don't come on here..........:D)!

I have 2rabbits that are mine :Ddont understand it though as every lad ive dated have run a mile when ive told them about the buns :?

meh i come as a package :Dand if they dont accept them they dont except me ;)

I do wonder where all you lucky bunch find your bunny loving other halfs!

W5Skittles wrote:
I do wonder where all you lucky bunch find your bunny loving other halfs!
The internet. lol - Not kidding. I met Will on yahoo! messenger. I wouldn't say he LOVES rabbits, but he tolerates them. ;) I've told him to sleep on the couch before so Toby can sleep up on the bed (when Will would do something mean to Toby). He rarely ever did, nothing major either. :p

Side note: he got mad while at Farm & Fleet when he saw the "rabbit hutches" they sell. He got REALLY upset. I've never seen him get that way, even watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet. Something must have sunk in?

All of the animals are mine. When my kids were little you could ask them about Elf and they would say, "That's Mommy's bunny!"

Kirby is mine, too. I had to beg for a dog for 5 years to get him. :p

Lol..... it's funny- me and Steve got together, and were together for 2 years before we even thought about bunnies! I mean, I've always quite wanted one, and I always loved them, but I wasn't a huge 'crazy bunny lady' or anything... Then when we started seriously thinking about getting one, it was a joint thing. We did all the research and stuff together. Right from the beginning we shard the care as well- taking it in turns to clean them out and feed them etc....:) We both decided that we would get them, and we both fell in love with bunnies at the same time. He loves them as much as I do. It's kind of funny how it worked out!

I love the fact that we're almost a little family- me, Steve and the 4 bunnies. It makes me feel quite safe somehow lol.... I know that sounds silly :p

Latest posts

Back