Your rabbits favourite toy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
What is your rabbits favourite toy? I'm asking this because William doesn't really play with toys. I'm not sure if he just isn't playful or if he doesn't have enough toys.

In his hucth (for the evenings) he has a wooden chewy carrot, a blue ball thing that despenses treats (when i put stuff in it) or just acts as a ball, its one of those things you push down and it springs back up. He also has another ball and a jingly bell carrot. In his run he just has a wooden 'nut knot nibbler'. Which he never touches.

When he is in the run and not hopping about he tends to sit. He will just sit for ages, or hop around. There doesn't seem like enough to do. He never plays with anything. I get worried he is bored.

I'm going to go shopping and get some toys tomorrow, so was wondering if anyone has any ideas, or any ideas for things i can make myself.

my buns LOVE paper towel tubes. when xmas came around and we had those wrapping paper rolls left over, we gave them a couple. they are only bits and pieces now. they enjoy chewing alot, so i try to give them new and exciting things to chew.

Newspaper is definitely the favorite toy for both of my bunnies. Cardboard boxes and pinecones tie for second. I have to be careful giving Billy a cardboard box hideout though, because he will use it to secretly rip up strands of carpet! :shame

Do you have anything like a Goodwill store, or a second-hand store? Check to see if they have baby toys there for cheap. I picked up a bag of baby toys like rattles and a key ring for fifty cents. Naturestee gave up a weeble-wobble penguin for Luna when I brought her home with me. I think Patrick plays with that the most. Luna also likes empty soda cans. She can roll them and pick them up by the tab. I was reading someone else's blog (sorry I can't remember who because I have looked at so many today ogling over all the bunnies:D) and they used a big box to make a "tunnel" and stuck sticks in through the sides of the box so her bunnies couldsit inside and munch on the sticks (very creative :)).

myheart

Macey's favorite would probably be wiffle balls with treats stuck inside. She loves those things. The only toys I can ever get her to play with are balls.

Keiran's favorite would have to be like this vine thingthat's wrapped around the an oval. Most people have them and they are shaped like a vine but an oval was all I could find when I was in a store so I got it, and he loves to chew it and drag it and attempt to throw it, but it's too big, hehe.

Yeah, Baxter! is not much of a toy player either - more "how can I destroy this item?".. Maybe it takes 2 buns to really play with something; If I sit with him and roll his big sisal ball at him he will grab it and throw it - this will go back forth about 3 times and then he just wants nose pets..

I tied some toilet roll tubes together with some twine and hung it up in his hutch but he literally hasn't touched it. He has lots of little jingly balls and things. The only thing i ever see him try to flip or play with is his foodbowl (he prefers to eat his food off the floor than from the bowl so he tips it all out, or digs in it :foreheadsmack:

I'm going shopping today... i said i was gonna go yesterday but got called into work and didn't have any time for anything.

I need to get some more toys and things for the new bunny anyway. And some more wood chippings to fill the pink hutch. The annoying thing is in my town there is only one tiny little pet shop. If i go to Royal Tunbridge Wells there is a really nice big one but it will take me half an hour to get there on the train (including walking to the station, and then walking from Royal Tunbridge Wells station). I wish i had a car!! :(

my guys dont really play with anything either, they are kind of boring,lol.

Toys i have seen them play with are the phone book, a knot nibbler, my kids have some old toys from when they were babies that i have thrown in there. Stacking cups, they really love when i stack them they come over and either push them down with there paws or they pick the top one off and toss it,lol. I have this toy that is a block and it has link-a-doos, which are hard plastic rings that you can attach other toys to, and my one rabbit will grab at the rings and toss it and toss it. I usually put there blocks and sticks in an empty tissue box which they like to dig into and knock all the toys out of then leave,lol. They have tons of toys but they dont really play play with them.

Belle's favorite pass time is to hump Sooty, but i cant lend you Sooty for your rabbit to play with,lol.

I shall see what i can find!

He has a knot nibbler thing which he breifly chewed when he was a baby but hasn't touched since. He prefers to chew his hutch instead.

I will see what i can find, i'm going to the bigger pet shop today before i start work... i'll let you know!

Zeus loves anything he can destroy, or climb. He loves those cardbored houses you can buy online, because he can both climb and destroy them! He also likes balled up newspaper, cardboard boxes with holes cut into them, and fleece blankets (he digs on them and hides under them, it's so cute!).

Barnaby loves toys. He mostly likes things he can pick up in his mouth and either carry around or throw. He's so funny, he'll stand up on his hind legs and throw something with his mouth, then try to catch it between his two front paws. Some of his favorites are stuffed animals, baby keys, willow balls, and pinecones. He also likes to dig in blankets and hid in boxes. Oh, and he LOVES to watch tv.

Hmm.. Nigel's favourite toy is his jingly ball with the bell inside. His favourite game is to carry it up to the first shelf in his cage and hurl it down into his water dish. Then he jumps down to get it, and starts over...

Milo will play with almost anything. He likes cardboard tubes, and he loves to rearrange his fleece blankets (though I'm not convinced that's 'playing', so much as preparing for the ultimate lazy-session, which lasts about 20 hours a day, 7 days a week. ;))

Ollie will play with 'treat dispensing toys' for as long as there are treats inside, and then he gets bored. =P

Alfie loves to run around the living room and knock bottles over. Like big, 2 litre bottles of cola or whatever, we put them around the floor and he charges and headbutts them to make them fall.

Bunny won't really play with anything, he's boring.. =P

And Mango and Daisy show some interest in toys for a while but I can't find anything that holds their attention. Tsk, fussy girls.

I did make the box with the sticks in it for the bunnies to play in, but like all other toys, it got ignored. I think the more free space your bunny has to run, the less they will like toys. For instance, my Muffin came from a shelter and they gave me her favorite toy (a wooden carrot thing that you clip on to the cage). Now that she has unlimited run time, the toy is completely ignored. Tony used to like a baby key ring, and some wicker balls with treats shoved in them (so they have to chew on the wicker to get them out) are still a bit amusing to them (not to mention good for teeth), but I think their favorite toy is the giant cardboard tube to run through or the hay bin (little piggies!!).

My Vitto is like Dragonrain's Zeus. He enjoys whatever is involved in climbing and ripping or chewing apart. He has about a dozen of toys, different sizes of plastic keys, wooden and metal balls, with and without bells in them, small round grass mats, baby rattling toys, wool stuffed bunnies, paper rolls, rope cubes and rope cylinders, you name it. He, most of the times, ignores them, apart from one very light metal ball and one of his plastic keys bunch, which he occasionally likes to throw. But climbing on carton boxes and furniture and secretely shredding paper pieces, and running around and playing games like "seek and hide" is when he's having the time of his life.

Marietta

Mama doesn't play. Ever. They have more toys than the Olsen twins when they were young, but Mama just doesn't play. She likes to climb though. She will always take over the second story and just watch the other two. Patchy though L-O-V-E-S toilet paper rolls and digging. I put an old box with a hole in it and she will jump inside and spend all day in there. I also..acquired... one of those big balls from the playpens at McDonald's and she loves to push it around. FatFace likes anything he can throw or move. A heavy block that he can push around, toilet paper rolls again. Anything like that. But maybe your bun is like my Mama, and just not a toy type bun?

Julie is a toy player. She has a ton and mostly plays all night when we are sleeping. I will wake up and hear her. In the morning she has taken just about every toy out of the toy bed and toys are everywhere. She has 2 stuffed rabbits that she loves to snuggle with and drag around. If you try a stuffed rabbit make sure it is safe for an infant. She loves to lick and clean the bunnies. She also loves balls and small raisin boxes that she can carry in her mouth. Julie sleeps during the day and will not play with her toys but sleeps with a toy little bunny.

Chessie plays with her soda can the most. She tosses it around. She used to chew up toilet paper tubes like mad but hasn't touched on in 2 months. She chewed up her hemp ball (w/ bell inside) but hasn't touched the replacement. She's mildly amused with her cardboard tunnel. She seems to be fickle. She'd rather gnaw on her cage and beg to be let out...

Latest posts

Back