Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gordon wrote:
I love Guinness, but at $5 a pint, I rarely drink it, anymore.

I do like gin & tonics, too.
I also love Guinness! I only get it a couple times a year, though, as it is expensive.

For my birthday, I bought myself a bottle of Hendrick's gin. So good! (I usually get plain old Tanqueray.)

I also somehow forgot to add that I loooove wine! Right now I'm really into Italian Pinot Grigio. Or medium-dry Chardonnay. I don't like anything super-dry or super-sweet. I generally drink several bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau when it comes out.

My husband used to be a Scotch drinker, but now he mainly drinks Bourbon. I liked it better when he drank Scotch, lol!

I love bulmers! It's my favourite drink, sometimes I'll have alcopops like Smirnoff.

I cook with Guinness a lot - I'm making a pork roast with it right now! I really enjoy Harp, Miller Genuine Draft, and a certain Czech beer I cannot recall the name of at the moment. As far as beer goes. I don't drink a lot of beer though.

My favourite drink would be whiskey and coke, I like Jim Beam, Jack Daniels.... Bushmills. I enjoy a good margarita or mixed drink sometimes, but usually if I have a drink in the evenings after working it's Jim Beam and Coke. Of course Crown Royal is good too.

I sound like an alcoholic! I do enjoy alcohol for the taste. But don't drink very often, although I enjoy a drink in the evenings especially in winter after a long day of working in the bush hauling wood.

I usually drink beer if i'm drinking. I try to drink local beers or I like to test out beers from weird countries. Our liquor store carries over 400 kinds of beer, so I have a long way to go trying them all out. Some have been good, some have not :yuck

For hard liquor I drink rye and coke, vodka slimes(vodka, 7up and lime),coconut rum and pineapple juice or spiced rum and ginger ale. But I dont' drink too much hard liquor as it makes me turn bright red after only a few sips, so I stick to beer. I also don't like drinks that are too sweet.

I do like to have a fancy mixed drink every now and then. Nothing can beat a good pina colada, but i"m a sucker for anything coconut:biggrin2:. A good slushy margarita is also yummy.

Haha, my three favourites are Butterscotch Schnapps, Martinis and Coconut Rum & Coke.
Have you tried butterscotch schnapps in ginger ale? It tastes like a red skittle. So good!

pinksalamander wrote:
Sambuca... I do sometimes drink sambuca but its really strange. Black sambuca is gross. Raspberry sambuca is yummy.

My friend drinks Goldschläger which I cannot STAND although I love the idea of drinking gold! I usually have Sourz shots. Don't like tequila either!
I don't like them either, they are disgusting, Sambuca actually makes me gag lord knows why I drink it. I never order it the shots I just drink it and ask what it was after! xD Apple Sourz is definitely one of the nicer ones though, nice as a shot or with lemonade. Tequila is just fun to take with the salt and lemon, I need a glass of water or WKD to wash it down though. I can't handle my drink at all. D:

A lot of you are beer drinkers! I can't stand the stuff! Not much of a wine drinker either.

Wine - a Merlot is the favorite red; a good oaky Chardonnay is my favorite white.

Denise

I had the pleasure of being a waitress/part time bartender for a few years... the vast array of flavours you can make in shots was always mindboggling for me. Mixed drink are also so much more fun to make!

I drink a Tall Blonde (fitting :D) with equal portions amaretto, cointreau, bailey's and kahlua, topped up with milk.
Also love Superstar: Blue curacao, Red sourpuss, and Sprite
Whiskey sours have a special place in my heart.
Rye and coke gets me pretty tipsy, so I take it easy there.
I don't yet have a good wine palate... lack of exposure to variety. I'd really like to cultivate an appreciation though.

Wow... now I want to get back behind the bar again!:D

Coronas and chocolatini! Coffee and cream liqueur is also delish but I've only ever had a truly good one in Australia strangely enough. Unbelievable! Ice wine is a nice treat, but definitely a once in a while thing due to the price!

Don't drink at all.

I'm not a big drinker. I would usually prefer to have a glass of juice or soda instead of something alcoholic because alcohol just doesn't taste good to me. If I am going to drink though, I prefer girly drinks like strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas. Probably my favorite though is a Malibu Orange, which is just coconut rum and orange juice. I also like the Lambic beers (raspberry in particular), apple beer from the Moose's Tooth in Anchorage, and other girly drinks. The only "real" beers I like are white/wheat beers (same thing) because they aren't bitter... but even then, it's simply an issue of tolerating the flavor rather than genuinely enjoying them. Drambuie is my absolute favorite liquer that I actually enjoy on occasion.

Last night I wasn't tired so I went to Eric's fridge to get some milk (visiting our son) and found some Bailey's w/ coffee flavor (something like that?).

I put about 1 tsp. in a glass of milk - wow - slept like a baby...just enough to help me relax.

trailsend wrote:
I cook with Guinness a lot - I'm making a pork roast with it right now!

goes well with beef - ok now i want a beef and guinness pie:biggrin2:

hubby's new computer and i cant work out how to put my words separate to the quote:pssd:

TinysMom wrote:
Last night I wasn't tired so I went to Eric's fridge to get some milk (visiting our son) and found some Bailey's w/ coffee flavor (something like that?).

I put about 1 tsp. in a glass of milk - wow - slept like a baby...just enough to help me relax.

Sounds a bit like a White Russian. I like those; especially if I'm watching The Big Lebowski. :p

BethM wrote:
My husband used to be a Scotch drinker, but now he mainly drinks Bourbon.  I liked it better when he drank Scotch, lol!

Tried Scotch once, many moons ago, didn't care for it, at all. Not a bourbon or whiskey drinker, either.

Guinness and good quality wines(red or white) are my choice most of the time.

The Guinness really needs to be the pub-drawn variety, or if bought in the store, it has to have the nitro widget in the bottom so when you open it, it gets that frothy head on it. --Really does something for the entire flavor/experience of it. Guinness from a bottle without the widget is bitter and ordinary.

NorthernAutumn wrote:
I had the pleasure of being a waitress/part time bartender for a few years...
I did some part time bartending too.

I have a full cabinet of alcohol,but I seldom drink. There's even a bottle of Dom Perignon that remains unopened.
I can make anexcellent Pina Colada/Chi Chi with fresh pineapples, coconuts, bananas, and ice cream. :biggrin2:

Not much of a fan for beer or wine, but I do like ice wine.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
NorthernAutumn wrote:
I had the pleasure of being a waitress/part time bartender for a few years...
There's even a bottle of Dom Perignon that remains unopened.

My mom wants to know if she can come over?

Pet_Bunny wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:
My mom wants to know if she can come over?

If she brings Teresa with her. ;)

Maybe I could get you to try some fruit wine.
She LOVES Teresa.

I can only answer this for my wife, since legally I am not allowed to drink. In this country at least! I'm amazed at how every where else it seems 18 is the legal age, and over here it is 21. In a year I will answer for myself. :p

But for the wife, she loves White Russians. I don't get it, but she loves them.

Latest posts

Back