Your Favourite Alcoholic Drink

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:trio

"I can make anybody pretty. I can make you believe any lie. I can make you pick a fight with somebody twice your size! "

lol Made me think of that song.

I :hearts Amaretto Sours, Cape Cods, Jack and Coke, margaritas, Blue Hawaiians, Pina Coladas, and countless others. lol

All time favorite though is the MOJITO!

Beers: I like Negra Modelo, Corona, Indio, any kind of Shiner especially hefe-weizen, Blue Moon, and the usual Budweiser.

All time favorite STELLA ARTOIS.

t.:p

I don't really drink and because of that I was always the key master for years. But if I have one it's a frozed drink of some kind or Cranberry juice with Grey Goose Vodka with a lime.

yyuuummmm White Russians, now i want to go make one,lol.

I use to LOVE Jack Daniels,lol, Jack and coke, but i cant drink that kind of stuff now a days.

Screw drives, YUCK , who would think a few night having one...................... well make that several too many of those that i would never be able to tolerate the smell or the word SCREWDRIVER,LOL

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Screw drives, YUCK , who would think a few night having one...................... well make that several too many of those that i would never be able to tolerate the smell or the word SCREWDRIVER,LOL
Oh, I can only imagine. :p

White Russians were the first alcoholic drink I ever had. Pretty good, but I tend to get waaaaaay too drunk if I drink mixed drinks.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I can make anexcellent Pina Colada/Chi Chi with fresh pineapples, coconuts, bananas, and ice cream. :biggrin2:

Um....care to share how?

Pretty please?

I LOVE mojitos! Although I rarely have them, because we don't really keep rum at home. They also have lime in, which I'm not allowed at the moment :(

If I have a drink at home I'll tend to have a glass of wine- I looooove red wine but I'm not allowed it at the moment either :( South-American wines like Malbec, Carmenere etc are my absolute favourites. When it comes to white I pretty much go for Italian Pinot Grigio all the time.

I also love cider- pear cider is my favourite but I'll drink strawberry, or apple as well. Being in the West Country there are loads of local ciders etc and I love trying different ones. Where people will say that they want a nice cold beer, I will say that I'd like a nice cold cider! :)

I remember on holiday in Corfu a couple of years ago I really took to a cocktail that was just Southern Comfort mixed with Amaretto- sounds weird but it was yummy! I haven't had it for years but I do like amaretto just over ice. I also like Tequila, and margharitas as well but again, I rarely have them. Steve did introduce me a few years ago to dark rum mixed with ginger/root beer which sounds really odd, but it's sooo nice!

Steve had his stag do on Saturday night, and because he's not much of a big drinker, people saw it as a challenge and kept buying him shots of rum all night. He's still recovering 3 days on. :rollseyes Him and his best man were not in a good shape Sunday morning (he stayed over here) and I had to make lots of cups of tea plus bacon sandwiches all morning to save them lol, despite being genuinely (i.e. not self-inflicted) sick myself!

Not to go off thread but congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals to you and Steve! I think champagne may be in order and give Dotty and her friends a pat from me and the crew across the pond!

Denise:highfive::toast:

It depends on what I'm doing and the season for my favourite drink. If it's warm and sunny, I love a Mimosa (Champagne and fresh orange juice) or a white Zinfandel with or without a dash of soda.

In winter, I like cola with either Amaretto, Tia Maria or Kahlua.

And a beer like Coors light, Kokanee or Corona light goes down well anytime ;)

Jan

TinysMom wrote:
Um....care to share how?

I start with aPina Colada base (frozen or syrup), which I add 1/3 cup of fresh pineapple, 1/2 banana, coconut shavings, 1/2 cup of ice cream, water and ice. I blend it in a Vita-Mix blender.

The pineapple gives it the fresh fruit taste.
The banana makes it smooth.
The ice cream makes it cold, rich, and filling.

And the secret ingredient that gives it the great taste is a drop or two of Vanilla Extract that everyone comes back for more. (The same stuff we use for out bunnies.) ;)

You can add rum to thePina Colada or vodka for Chi Chi.

Tah-Key-Lah.....(aka: tequila ;))

The "over-the-top-shelf" kind......none of the cheap stuff.

Got to have it with a sangrita aperitif.
***Carolyn let me in on this tradition. It was one of Buck's favorites.***

I like margaritas and several of the local beers. My favorite breweries in WI are New Glarus and Capitol Brewery--they always have something I like, and I love Goose Island beers too--especially the 312! It used to be that you could only get 312 in Chicagoland, but they sell it here in Madison too! I also like red and white wine. If I want to get toasted, I'll have a gin and tonic.

I don't drink much, but when I do, it's strawberry daquiris for me! We used to like Release Valves when we were in college....too strong for us old folks now!

Mostly, I just drink Pepsi...straight...LOL!!! Alcohol just makes me sleepy anymore...getting old aint' for sissies!!!!:p

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
I don't drink much, but when I do, it's strawberry daquiris for me! We used to like Release Valves when we were in college....too strong for us old folks now!

Mostly, I just drink Pepsi...straight...LOL!!! Alcohol just makes me sleepy anymore...getting old aint' for sissies!!!!:p
i am the same way now i drink one drink and i am ready for bed, and you are right it is not for SISSIES,lol.

i forgot one i use to drink many moons ago, it is called a doctor pepper, it is a mug of beer and a shot of Amaretto , i think, fill the shot glass up with the amareto and the mug of beer, drop the shot in and drink down i remember it tasting like dr pepper,lol

My current favorite beer is La Fin Du Monde or pretty much any beer made by Unibroue. I also like Blue Moon, Shock Top, Sam Adams, Newcastle or Corunna when I go out. I also like wine, my current fav is pinot grigio but I like reds too.

I don't drink mixed drinks too often but I've enjoyed my neighbor's summertime specialty which is a coconut rum with pineapple/mango juice that is wonderful. Also good if you add a bit of sprite to it. I've been known to drink a margarita on the rocks once in a while too.

Michaela wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:
Sambuca... I do sometimes drink sambuca but its really strange. Black sambuca is gross. Raspberry sambuca is yummy.

My friend drinks Goldschläger which I cannot STAND although I love the idea of drinking gold! I usually have Sourz shots. Don't like tequila either!
I don't like them either, they are disgusting, Sambuca actually makes me gag lord knows why I drink it. I never order it the shots I just drink it and ask what it was after! xD Apple Sourz is definitely one of the nicer ones though, nice as a shot or with lemonade. Tequila is just fun to take with the salt and lemon, I need a glass of water or WKD to wash it down though. I can't handle my drink at all. D:

A lot of you are beer drinkers! I can't stand the stuff! Not much of a wine drinker either.
Raspberry Sambuca spritzers are gorgeous.:DI also agree with you Michaela about Apple sourz, one of my friends is addicted to them and seems to have passed this onto me! They are so sour though.;)My favourite drink has to be a nice vodka, lime and lemonade though. I don't really like beer or wine, although I can drink Rose.:)

Latest posts

Back