young mixed breed bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
Hey breeders! I know Phoebe Mae is a Holland Lop-Mini Rex mix, but I'm just wondering in what ways she looks like a Mini Rex. Is it obvious looking at her that she's both those breeds? She's 9 weeks old and when I got her, she had long, fine hair just like a Holland Lop, but now that hair is coming out and she has shorter, velvety fur coming in. Not completely rexy, but definitely more velvety than your average bunny. Is this a normal age for bunnies to lose their baby fur? Will her fur stay velvety, or is it just temporary do you think? She is so soft! The pictures here don't really show her velvety-ness since it's just started happening and some parts of her coat still have the longer hairs.

PhoebeMae108.jpg

PhoebeMae102.jpg

PhoebeMae113.jpg

PhoebeMae128-1.jpg

PhoebeMae072.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture, but for some reason she really reminds me of Bo B Bunny's Bo in this picture:

PhoebeMae137.jpg

And these are her ears:

PhoebeMae085.jpg

Why is one ear completely solid color (well, it has a patch of lighter orange on the front near the bottom) and the other is speckled? It seems like such an odd coincidence. Is her coloring simply tricolored, or is she orange tricolored or what?

Thanks in advance!

i couldn't say about rexy, but as far as holland goes-

her ears remind me of J's when he has them up

her stance/how she sits and lays reminds me of J too

that's about it for me........she's so cute, i just love her!

:inlove:

I'm not a breeder but I wanted to say that her face looks "rexy" to me. Her little cheeks are rounded and I've noticed that trait on Gixxer and all the other MR's on the board.

Either way, I can see why you are completely smitten :inlove: I'm so jealous of everyone that got their buns when they were babies!!!!

I'm not a breeder, but as a long time slave to the mini-rex, I don't see any rex in your bunny. The uppy ears are the only rex trait I can see (nice ears, BTW!). OK, maybe a little bit in the face shape. No matter what the breed is Phoebe is soooooo gorgeous!!!!!:inlove:

Latest posts

Back