Young Flemish Giant rescued & needs home - Pennsylvania (will travel)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandapple

Reaction score
I recently rescued a young female Flemish Giant from a person who was neglecting her. I found out about this forum through a rat forum as I myself have rats & don't know much about rabbits! I am trying to find this wonderful rabbit a great new home. I took her to my vet & she is healthy, 9 lbs. She is super sweet, calm, gentle, affectionate & very, very well behaved. She goes in a litter box & doesn't chew anything. I have pics that I can send anyone interested as I'm not sure how to add it here. I am in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area of PA but willing to travel for a good home. I'll also give her new guardian the oxbow hay & food & toys that I have bought for her. I can give more info to anyone interested. Please email me: jbrody1995 (at) yahoo.

Thanks for your interest. I am not asking anything for her, but I guess I should specify that I rescued her from a bad situation & I am now looking for a permanent indoor home for her. This would be an adoption, not a sale. She is sweet, friendly & after all she's been through, she deserves a good home w/ someone who can give her attention & love. I am not looking to sell her for profit nor do i want others to breed her or profit from her. Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. I am only looking to place her in a loving home. My vet can spay her, which may be done prior to adoption to prevent more homeless bunnies. If anyone is interested in adopting her as a beloved companion, please let me know.

pandapple wrote:
Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. I am only looking to place her in a loving home.
You on the right forum. :nod

I'll ask around and see if I can help find her a good home.

You can post pics using Photobucket or a similar site. Copy the image link into you post.

Thank you so much, JimD!! I am actually getting very attached to her, but know that a rabbit is a long term commitment & I just want to get her into a great home where she will be let out to play & loved. Here are some photos that I put on photobucket:

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

Oh my goodness! What a cutie!!! :inlove:

I wonder how Humma and Trillian would react? Hmmmm

JimD wrote:
pandapple wrote:
Perhaps I am in the wrong forum. I am only looking to place her in a loving home.
You on the right forum. :nod

I'll ask around and see if I can help find her a good home.

You can post pics using Photobucket or a similar site. Copy the image link into you post.
Ahemm! Are you going to ask yourself, Jim? ;):p

Jan

Dang. I just moved out of that area a few months ago. I'll do some asking if you're still looking for a home for her. I know a lot of people in the PA area. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you are still looking for a home. I can ask around for ya.

Thank you all so much for asking around for me! I found the bunny a great home & just took her there this evening! She will have lots of love & another bunny friend once she is spayed!!

This forum is really great, and everyone seems so nice! Thank you for all your kindness & help!!

LuvaBun wrote:
Ahemm! Are you going to ask yourself, Jim? ;):p

Jan

TOO LATE!!! :biggrin2:

Looks like she found a home!

"Jim's Last Resort" is pretty booked.....but I can't say that I wasn't thinking about what I might be able to do.

pandapple wrote:
Thank you all so much for asking around for me! I found the bunny a great home & just took her there this evening! She will have lots of love & another bunny friend once she is spayed!!

This forum is really great, and everyone seems so nice! Thank you for all your kindness & help!!
:dancingorig:happy dancin'

LOL I was thinking the same thing. I would have found a way because I would love a FG, but I think my husband would have flipped his lid.

So glad it worked out well!

Thank you! I couldn't just leave her in the situation she was in. I work in the mental health field & one of my clients/patients had grown tired of her & she was put in a dark basement in a cage way too small w/ no hay ever, cheap pellet food, no water bottle (she said it kept falling so she "got rid of it") and no exercise time. The day I saw her & my client asked if I wanted her, she was on urine soaked newspaper & I had to take her!

I actually miss her, but am glad she is in a great, rabbit-knowledgeable home now w/ a great animal rescue person!

Now my cats & rats can have my attention again!! And yes, she did poop a lot!! Haha. I was cleaning her litter box 2x a day!! I didn't know rabbits went that much!

Well, if anyone ever needs help w/ rat rescue, just let me know! Thanks for everyone's help here w/ the bunny!!

Back